• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Slightly OT: Kudos to Stratics Staff for the forum restore

J

Jaimes

Thanks guys for working hard to get all the forum stuff back together. It looks like the professions forums were restored and a lot of old posts are there, which was no doubt tedious and mindnumbingly boring. So, yeah.. Kudos!

And this forum has broccoli, too. :danceb::danceb::danceb:

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The old ones were much better IMO, these forums just feel like any other generic forum out there.

Erekose

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes they did a good job fixing a bad situation. Hopefully moving forward they'll keep a backup of the DB ;)

A

Aboo

Yes they did a good job and I was lucky as my post got imported. However, I know that my sister lost all of her old posts. She makes good, intelligent posts and it was sad that they didn't get imported.

_zigzag_

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes they did a good job and I was lucky as my post got imported. However, I know that my sister lost all of her old posts. She makes good, intelligent posts and it was sad that they didn't get imported.
Yeah...we did lose some posts/usernames...some data just wasn't recovered. :(

The internet Wench of Wrecking wasn't biased in her choosing though...my old ID was one she ate heh.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I sure would love it if they made it to when you selected the "UHall" forum link, that when the page loaded it would bring you right to the UHall link and not the top of the page, forcing us to scroll down. ;)

A

Aboo

Yeah...we did lose some posts/usernames...some data just wasn't recovered. :(
Even though my sister's wasn't one of the lucky ones to get restored you all did a great job working to recover what you could. Thank you!

A

Aboo

I sure would love it if they made it to when you selected the "UHall" forum link, that when the page loaded it would bring you right to the UHall link and not the top of the page, forcing us to scroll down. ;)
Oh so it's not just me! I thought maybe I wasn't doing something right!

Can we not choose the "color" now of the forums either?

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The old ones were much better IMO, these forums just feel like any other generic forum out there.
I strongly disagree. The old forums software sucked. This is lightyears better. There is a good reason why most competent forums admins aren't using ten year old software...

Congrats on getting everything up and running again. I host a gaming clan website with forums, and have done so for over four years now, complete with some major catastrophes requiring full restores, so I have the tiniest inkling of the amount of work involved.

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I strongly disagree. The old forums software sucked. This is lightyears better. There is a good reason why most competent forums admins aren't using ten year old software...

Congrats on getting everything up and running again. I host a gaming clan website with forums, and have done so for over four years now, complete with some major catastrophes requiring full restores, so I have the tiniest inkling of the amount of work involved.
QFT. /agreed

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Nothing will beat the ORIGINAL UHall forum software (the one used BEFORE UBB).

Sad that threaded modes have been basically destroyed.