• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sleeping dragon, the spawn.

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since yesterday because of the coronavirus, stuck at home I returned to spawn .
the interesting thing is that the bug of a small piece of the blackrock, remains the same, it is placed in your backpack as a relic, but the imperial minister of trade of Makoto-Jima does not even recognize it as such. I always thought that this is not a bug, but rather a joke from the developers, who after some successful withdrawals put this garbage in my backpack .
Another thing I thought my sampire would win over there with one hand on his back, but I had the impression that everything there was leveled down.
Do you want to go there? Feel like in 2005, your mega-ultra-top suit, looks more like armor from the years 2005.

Have fun! :bdh:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hiryus hit very hard, can Dismount you (removing your Swampy protection), and come in hordes at Lvl 4 of the spawn. They can flatten even modern Sampires if you get a few on you landing hits at the same time as you miss a swing (which happens quite a bit, between the Hiryu's up to 108 Wrest as well as they have Parry now).

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With the hiryus I take my sampire in with a double axe 100% fire with slayer. I usually use life leech instead of stamina. I usually don't have much problems with them even in swarms. Also tend to park my swampie and use my ethy during that round.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With the hiryus I take my sampire in with a double axe 100% fire with slayer. I usually use life leech instead of stamina. I usually don't have much problems with them even in swarms. Also tend to park my swampie and use my ethy during that round.
Hiryus have up to 90 Fire Resist, so a 100% Fire Double Axe would be pretty bad against them. 100% Cold Dragon Slayer on the other hand is great. My Sampire has GM SS, so i can use Curse Weapon for a total of 70% Hit Life Drain (heal 3.5x more than average Sampire), so no need whatsoever for Life Leech on weps. When you're getting hit for 30-40 damage from multiple Hiryus, your Stamina is gonna start dropping, which means you're gonna swing less often, which means you dish out less damage and therefore less self healing. Which is why all my weps have 50% Stam Leech.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hiryus have up to 90 Fire Resist, so a 100% Fire Double Axe would be pretty bad against them. 100% Cold Dragon Slayer on the other hand is great. My Sampire has GM SS, so i can use Curse Weapon for a total of 70% Hit Life Drain (heal 3.5x more than average Sampire), so no need whatsoever for Life Leech on weps. When you're getting hit for 30-40 damage from multiple Hiryus, your Stamina is gonna start dropping, which means you're gonna swing less often, which means you dish out less damage and therefore less self healing. Which is why all my weps have 50% Stam Leech.
Lmao you are correct. I meant cold sorry.

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hiryus hit very hard, can Dismount you (removing your Swampy protection), and come in hordes at Lvl 4 of the spawn. They can flatten even modern Sampires if you get a few on you landing hits at the same time as you miss a swing (which happens quite a bit, between the Hiryu's up to 108 Wrest as well as they have Parry now).
yes, i felt it on my skin, i just died several times. Not to mention that my sampire has to use 3 slayer axes at the same time, namely: Reptle slayer; Demon slayer and undead slayer. This is new, in a spawn as poor as Serrado. :cursing:

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting, I use an ice reptile, I'll try something like that .

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On the 4th level of the spawn, the best setup for my Sampire is a 100% Cold Double Axe with 50% Cold Area/81% HML/50% HSL/Dragon Slayer/50% DI, and a Demon Slayer Cameo. Same wep for 3rd level, but with an Undead Slayer Cameo instead.

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My samp eats through this spawn. Whirlwind works wonders.
Lol! you can't forget the Hiryu and their special movements, (dismount) and now they have whrestling and parry too. It's not that easy, I saw it and it was there. Try this spawn yourself and see how many times your sampire will say: OOoOO, and see everything gray. :danceb:

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On the 4th level of the spawn, the best setup for my Sampire is a 100% Cold Double Axe with 50% Cold Area/81% HML/50% HSL/Dragon Slayer/50% DI, and a Demon Slayer Cameo. Same wep for 3rd level, but with an Undead Slayer Cameo instead.
umm, i can see that my sampire is not as up to date as i thought, i have none since talismans. o.0

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well, the spawn is under trammel ruleset, so bringing various types of slayers seems fair compared to most other spawns infested by paragons, PKs, thieves and what not.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The 10th anniversary drop, Dragon's End, may not have all the bells and whistles of a reforged or modern loot weapon, but it does have 60% DI, Dragon Slayer, and 100% cold, and Armor Ignore as a special move for the non-Hiryu.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The 10th anniversary drop, Dragon's End, may not have all the bells and whistles of a reforged or modern loot weapon, but it does have 60% DI, Dragon Slayer, and 100% cold, and Armor Ignore as a special move for the non-Hiryu.
Just a side note - AI does not do cold damage (I believe it's physical)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
FWW does physical. AI ignores armor value so doesnt have a particular damage type.

Armor Ignore – This special move allows the skilled warrior to bypass all of their target’s armor resistance, for one shot only. The Armor Ignore shot does slightly less damage than normal (90% of normal damage).

AI will do more damage than a 100% ele weapon on mobs with decent resists.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
FWW does physical. AI ignores armor value so doesnt have a particular damage type.

Armor Ignore – This special move allows the skilled warrior to bypass all of their target’s armor resistance, for one shot only. The Armor Ignore shot does slightly less damage than normal (90% of normal damage).

AI will do more damage than a 100% ele weapon on mobs with decent resists.
Honestly since the introduction of onslaught I find myself very rarely using ai anymore. Double strike plus onslaught can jack up your damage to over 300 on most critters.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
AI does direct damage (not a given type), actually. the 100% cold, though, is useful for a LOT of dragon types when you aren't running a suit/template that allows you to constantly chain AIs.

ryanouno

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I soloed the spawn with archer/spellver/tamer .. took me an hour (wasnt trying my best) but it was quite easily doable spawn.. i didnt even died but you have to be carefull at level 3 and 4 and lure small groups only.. my poor pet died like 10 times at level 4 because 6 hyrius eated him in seconds. :)

My opinion is that a best way is to use Cold damage weapon (doubleaxe or repeating xbow) with reptile slayer + undead cameo or conjurers trinket .. there is literally no need for using onslaught - big hyriu can die on 2 doubles.. just use Chivalry if you need different elemental damage for low level spawn.. save onslaught for serado ;)

Fyi

Level 1 and 2
Thunderstorming in wrait form (using it the whole spawn) with sdi book and jewells

Level 3
Was using 100% fire undead slayer repeating crossbow with reptile cameo.. eoo usually on lesser hyriu - doubleshot just melts them with chivalry CW

Level 4
Was using high end imbued compo with no slayer - reptile cameo

Oni is not a threat - pet eats them fast.. EoO on Hyrius beating them with ai or cw shots (low cold) - repeating does better on hyrius with doubleshots but Onis have higher resists so for level 4 compo was a better choice for me

Serado
Send pet on him and use Gift Of Renewal on yourself - with 120 spellw and level 6 circle this spell will counter all damage serado will do to you for the time of the fight

Hope this will give an inspiration to other solo/tamer enthusiasts
Seraphim