• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Throwing] Slayer Vunerability Questions

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not sure where to post this, but since it has to do mostly with a whammy I suppose this is the best spot to post.

I was checking spawns the other day, ran into a whammy and while he was a tough kill I didn't take any abnormal amounts of damage from him. He was in wraith form, and had the usual supplies on him.

A few days later I ran into the same whammy, similar area out in t2a and he hit me for a 52 damage Armor Ignore with a hit spell on top. Total damage was around 60. Next throw was a 42 with another hit spell totalling about 50 damage, not an AI, just a regular ass hit. In the end I got him but i was taking some serious damage, if I hadn't been a tamer I doubt I would've killed him taking that much damage per hit.

Now my initial reaction to the massive damage was holy crap I don't have a piece of my armor on. I ran away and checked it out, I had all my armor on, resists on the suit are 70/70/70/67/68. So it was not due to a low resistance and con. weapon or what have you. So next I think..bird slayer talisman is effecting something. So i took my tamer tali off, had a little less chance controlling pet, but still took same damage. So my only remaining option to consider is that wraith form had something to do with hitting slayer damage on me.

I have considered a script/hack what have you but I have never heard of anything like this before.

So my question is how is it possible to hit someone for so much damage? I know a mage can polymorph into an orc and hit double damage spells against an undead slayer tali. So is their another way to achieve this threw wraith form or with a certain slayer weapon? I've asked a few people I know who play these whammys, and so far they all say that this shouldn't be possible. Any ideas on what happened?

My feeling is it was a bug that somehow he transfered the slayer damage from the creatures he was hitting onto me. I have noticed at times that my repond slayer book didn't register until I took it off and put it back on.

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Repond's opposite is undead so you take more damage. I think...

-Lorax
Yeah, just to clarify I meant by my repond slayer not registering in pvm circumstances. Mostly the baracoon, due to his shapeshifting I believe. Anyways point is this whammy hit me for absurd damage and there was no reason for it that I can discern...

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even if it was the opposite slayer (your bird slayer talis, his wraith form), AI should still cap at 35.

Not saying I don't believe you.. but one of those things I'd have to see for myself.

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It has to do with wraith form. This is just a basic whammy and he hit me for 52 with 1 ai. This was just a test with a bad weapon. It seems to hit everyone for this damage too not just me.

When he came out of form he was hitting me for normal damage again.

Sooo.. Bug ? lol

Attachments