• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Slayer Question

• Thread starter joblackjon
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
J

joblackjon

Since Priests of Mondain and Wandering Healers have no slayer weapon, does that also mean they have no opposite slayer?

J

joblackjon

Thanks for the reply but I'm looking for the opposite slayer. I'm training a Bard with Priests and Healers in Healer Valley but I'm at the end of my gains with a normal instrument. If there was an opposed slayed to Priests and Healers I could continue training with them.

I was unable to find a Mage Slayer in Stratic's list of slayer weapons. I found:
Repond Slayer Against:
Evil Mage
Evil Mage Lord
Meer Mage
Orcish Mage
Ratman Mage

But no Mage Slayer per se. Can you, please, give me link to info on a Mage Slayer?

Thanks, in advance!

J

joblackjon

Ah...so that likely means there isn't an "opposed" slayer?

I

imported_Chad Sexington

They got rid of opposing slayers effects a while ago.

J

joblackjon

Can you cite a source? Because me and most the Barding community think opposing slayers exist and help in training.

I

imported_Chad Sexington

I remember reading it a little while back. I'll look for it. Could be wrong.

I

imported_Chad Sexington

Haven't found the link yet, but I remember it was talking about "taking double damage from opposing groups by having a slayer equip" is no longer in effect. It wasn't referring to barding.

But I might be making all of this up.

Now I'm confused... did you ever take double damage? (Not only from EoO.)

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mmm , well only one way to make sure. I'm going to take me a undead slayer and find me a few things to get hit by and see what happends.....
I'll ley you know the result.

I

imported_Chad Sexington

"There is a DOWNSIDE to using slayers. This is called "opposing slayer groups". Using an opposing slayer on a monster causes an increase in damage recieved (50%)."

I wasn't sure if there was an increase before.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Several monsters with using the wrong (opposit) weapon did do alot more damage to me.

J

joblackjon

This is exactly what I want! If I can find an "opposed" slayer for Priests and Healers then I can continue to train with them because my skill will be decrease by 10.0 points.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But are priest and healers not humanoid and also falls in the Repond class? Could try undead slayer then.

J

joblackjon

Frarc...

That is exactly what I thought but neither Priests nor Healers have a primary slayer desciption.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well..... in doubts i only do one thing. Just try it out .

You can only die learning..... i mean learn dying... i mean try dying.... or was it learn with trying.

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

No, they didn't. Opposing slayers still cause you to recieve double damage. This was tested in game just a few days ago.

The link on the website is incorrect and cites that the information was being kept up "for the sake of the history of the game" or some such, but it's not history, it's actually still working.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Actually, for most of the history of AOS/SE, opposing slayers had no detrimental effect for weapons (they still had an effect on barding). It appeared to be reactivated about the time of ML, as at that time, I had to retire my Repond/Undead double slayer sword from the Uzzeran new paladin quest, because it suddenly became somewhat suicidal to use it against either group.

I

imported_Chad Sexington

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

No, they didn't. Opposing slayers still cause you to recieve double damage. This was tested in game just a few days ago.

The link on the website is incorrect and cites that the information was being kept up "for the sake of the history of the game" or some such, but it's not history, it's actually still working.

[/ QUOTE ]

I already corrected myself. I'm not sure why you posted that.