• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bowcraft/Fletching] Slayer longbows

PaulCH

Journeyman
I just got the slayer longbow recipe from Heartwood and would like to make a couple of slayer longbows for PVM. I've only crafted in the most basic way so no idea how to really enhance, imbue or reforge.

I'm not even sure the best questions to actually ask but let's say that I want to make the bow for a bushido / chiv archer template while balancing cost and success rate. Let's say that I don't want to burn through 20-25 heartwood runic kits. So, what is the best bow that I can get reasonably easily? When I'm ready to spend more, what would be, lets say, one step up? With the understanding that it may cost more, how do I get my best chance at a double slayer?

*edit* to some extent, I will adapt my hunting to the slayer I get but is there a way to increase my chance of a super slayer or specific slayer (ie a specific runic which may increase the odds of a super slayer or is it 100% random?)

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For a start I wouldn't use the slayer longbow. Go for a composite bow as it has armor ignore special move.

For my archer I just carry a set of super slayer composite bows and then extra dragon and spider on top.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I successfully found this question by googling. I just didn't find the answer. :p

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks. In that case, what's the best way to craft a decent slayer composite bow?
I'm too lazy / can't be bothered to craft the bows myself so I just buy clean 100% elemental ones from vendor search and imbue the mods I want.

My composite bows (for PvM) are all as follows:

100% elemental damage type
hit stamina leech
hit mana leech
Super slayer
DI
SSI

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Huh. I would have thought you'd have life leech before stamina leech.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Huh. I would have thought you'd have life leech before stamina leech.
They are listed in no particular order. I would always go for max mana leech and have the rest in stamina though.