• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Skull rug vet reward

Dramora

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm thinking of getting a skull rug as one of my vet reward picks.

Can anyone tell me if the maps pulled out of the rug are level one through seven, or are they mostly one?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm thinking of getting a skull rug as one of my vet reward picks.

Can anyone tell me if the maps pulled out of the rug are level one through seven, or are they mostly one?
I was under the impression it was only maps levels 1-4. Though something may have changed...

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All I can say is, its 1 per week, because heaven forbid if anyone should Win UO from collecting too many maps. They look cool on the floor but the reward from them is just silly.

Destiny<3

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Sadly they are only levels 1-4, but there is a good variation of not always getting 1's all the time, you get a pretty even amount of 1, 2, 3, 4. I just wish it had the upper level maps, was the reason I got one to begin with. Also if you live in fel you will get fel maps, and if your on the tram side you will get tram maps.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sadly they are only levels 1-4, but there is a good variation of not always getting 1's all the time, you get a pretty even amount of 1, 2, 3, 4. I just wish it had the upper level maps, was the reason I got one to begin with. Also if you live in fel you will get fel maps, and if your on the tram side you will get tram maps.
If you want level 1-4 maps - go kill guardians in Doom. They each drop a 1-4 map. You can get 100 maps in like 20 minutes. Rather than waiting 2 years for this rug.

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Absolutely worthless outside of the aesthetics.

This Veteran Reward Item is just another thing I look at UO and just shake my head and realize how terrible our Dev Team is...

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Absolutely worthless outside of the aesthetics.

This Veteran Reward Item is just another thing I look at UO and just shake my head and realize how terrible our Dev Team is...
A 6-7 map every month - better. A 6-7 map every week - good reward.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The Rug will give maps for whatever facet it happens to be placed in... FYI. Though yes they are low level.

Dramora

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the verification! I think I will hold onto that pick.

I've had a gm treasure hunter for ages. Level one through four would be really boring to her.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the verification! I think I will hold onto that pick.

I've had a gm treasure hunter for ages. Level one through four would be really boring to her.
If your looking for higher levels farm miasma. Fairly easy to kill quickly and gives level 5 chests that often have level 6 maps.

Dramora

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, I have hundreds of level five and six maps I need to do, left over from the last time I left UO.

My account just turned 10, and I noticed the rug as a vet reward and wondered if it would be worthwhile to choose it.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Honestly the best rug is the Dolphin (message in the bottle) rug if your going to get one but it looks..... well not my style anyway

All though I opened like 40 of those mibs from the rug and didn’t get one ancient sos
I’m pretty sure you can get them from the rugs if not then don’t bother lol