• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Skull Longsword (Exceptional) - Just for Banksitting/Deco?

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I only ask because I got a fair few now and decided to use some with the following results...

Attempted to re-forge... 'You cannot re-forge that item with this tool'
Ok, no worries, I'll PoF it up and imbue it, that all went fine.

Thought I'd try to enhance it... 'You can not enhance this type of item with the properties of the selected material'
Ok, fine, I'll use it just as it is, looks the part and does what it needs to do it's for AI anyway.

Now the clincher!! Try to repair it... 'You cannot repair that using this type of tool'
*Throws Skull Longsword back into useless item storage and goes back to normal Longsword*

So what gives? Is this intended? Taunt us by allowing us to imbue it then point and laugh at us if we try to do anything else with it?
Just in case there was an error in the code I tried repairing/reforging with every other tool/runic/repair deeds I own and still produces the same result.
Anyone else have the same experience? This a bug or intended? Or have I just missed some small detail?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I imbued one just to use it to follow the theme. It is on my mage swordsman T hunter who got a Tabard with it.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
is there a picture of this Sword and where do you get 1 ?
They are found in treasure chests, cache and above. Imbue-able version can only be found in Artisan chests though, all others will spawn with random stats. It's certainly not common.
Why it can't be re-forged, enhanced and worst of all... repaired is beyond me!! It's just a re-skinned Longsword after all.

Skull.jpg

Shame, cos they do look the part. :(

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think some of them were designed to go on those empty sword display stands you get from Tokuno...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's meant to be a "pure Imbue" sword. It's equivalent to a exceptional longsword with the DI whetstoned off, for max imbue capability.

The devs don't seem to get that the current cap value for imbuing is pretty much worthless when modifying a sword from blank, and that the ones used are typically reforged ones with 1 or 2 overcapped properties, and either nothing else or stuff you're going to raise anyway.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think some of them were designed to go on those empty sword display stands you get from Tokuno...
You cant hold the ancient swords that are for display. The skull longswords are the ones you can use. There is also a garg skull staff.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Haven't tried holding any of them... none of them looked like anything I would want to use. But then 99.9% of all weapons I find aren't anything I'd ever use.