• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Skree lost magery?

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My skree doesn't do magery spells any more, just mysticism. What's up with that?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They only have Mysticism:

upload_2018-1-7_22-37-42.png

They have placeholders for Magery and Eval Int.

upload_2018-1-7_22-38-38.png

It is a pet that can get Magery for 1 point. The placeholders tell you what they pet can get cheap. Necromancy would cost 1501 points if that is a choice.

If you pick Magery, the Mysticism will go away.

They also should be 1 less slot.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*sigh*
The skree used to cast both magery and mysticism spells.

Would I be better off finding a four-slot Greater Dragon and giving it mysticism?

Well shucks. Did I ruin my skree, or did the developers? I thought the idea behind "training" was to make pets that were almost as good as greater dragons? Because of the low low melee damage, this skree is *never* going to be as good as any greater dragon?

Pancake this omelet?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*sigh*
The skree used to cast both magery and mysticism spells.

Would I be better off finding a four-slot Greater Dragon and giving it mysticism?

Well shucks. Did I ruin my skree, or did the developers? I thought the idea behind "training" was to make pets that were almost as good as greater dragons? Because of the low low melee damage, this skree is *never* going to be as good as any greater dragon?

Pancake this omelet?
Some pets, most in fact will not be equal to or better than GDs. Full Top Tier Hiryus and Lesser Hiryus, CUs, Reptalons, Blue and Fire Beetles, A few 2 slot but just shorty of 3 slot nightmares, and a top tier Unicorn and a couple of the Dinos can get up there in GD power range. Anything that does not train to 5 slot or has screwy stats like Serpentine dragons just are never going to be major players in the pet scene. That being said I would not trade my Navrey Tanking Greater Mongbat for any other pet :)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to wonder what happened with my pet in that case.

minuette.jpg minuette2.jpg

I didn't give her any skills, I just scrolled what I believed she had, and she gained them. Still working on Mysticism

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Show the lore and knowledge screen thats in black. That tell you what it has.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The lore and knowledge screen shows exactly what a wild one does - Mysticism. But I took it hunting after I got it out to screen print, killing Tsuki wolves so there was no doubt it was the pet, and not its target that was casting. It is definitely casting at least flame strike and explosion - which often hits after the mob it's fighting is dead. We're all familiar with that one I think? It has gained from GM to 110 magery and myst is still going up, though I only got .1 before I stabled it. Now at 111.5.
I'm out of time for today, but if you're in any doubt I can take it out tomorrow and make a short video.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I looked at some old posts. Some say they use both magics. See if yours will teleport off a boat and we will know for sure.

I think I let my old built up one go in Destard one day.

Man they sure need another 1501 points. With both magics working, it could be fun if it had room for add ons.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm gonna agree with @Petra Fyde my Skree most definitely uses both Mysticism and Magery I gave it NOTHING.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I noticed at the bottom of my original Skree post that I said it had mysticism and magery.

Probably the pet that causes confusion about other pets that have the skills but not the ability. I remember it teleported up stairs to attack a Night Terror. I bet that was interesting, training that thing on a Night Terror.

Just dont choose a magic mastery on the Skree.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Knowing it already had 2 magic abilities, I decided not to risk it losing either, so I just gave it stats, resists and increased skill caps. It doesn't do too badly when its base damage has been increased to max. I took it on a guild hunt to Shadowguard roof and it out-performed my guildmate's frost dragon.
The difference between Skree and other pets that have the potential for other skills is the Skree always had mysticism and used it, before the changes.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All righty! He got some magery spells back after bonding. I've seen him cast magic arrow, explosion, flamestrike.
On the downside, I haven't seem him cast any healing -- neither magery nor mysticism.
Please tell me that your bonded pets can cast healing on themselves.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Or just list all the spells. I think my pet is playing without a full book:
Definitely: magic arrow, explosion, flamestrike
Possibly: mana drain

Definitely: nether bolt, sleep

==
So, he's missing some of the spells he used to do before, notably any healing and curing; also missing bombard and eagle strike, energy bolt, fireball

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Bleak there appears to be a bug here.
o Skree does not cast curing spells at all
o When the skree is poisoned, it repeatedly casts the magery Heal spell on itself, which doesn't do any good, since the pet is poisoned.
Please fix.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Assuming the problems with curing and healing neve gets fixed, which enhancements should I give my skree?
From this list:

Magical abilities: chivalry, discordance, poisoning, mysticism, spellweaving, magery mastery, piercing, bashing, slashing, wrestling mastery
Special abilities: angry fire, conducive blast, dragon breath, grasping claw, inferno, lightning force, mana drain, raging breath, repel, searing wounds, tail swipe
Special moves: nerve strike, talon strike, psychic attack, armor ignore, armor pierce, bladeweave, bleed, concussion blow, crushing blow, dismount, feint, force of nature, frenzied whirlwind, mortal strike, paralyze, cold wind
Area effect: aura of energy, explosive goo, essence of earth

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Bleak there appears to be a bug here.
o Skree does not cast curing spells at all
o When the skree is poisoned, it repeatedly casts the magery Heal spell on itself, which doesn't do any good, since the pet is poisoned.
Please fix.
You are bearing in mind that the mysticism spell 'cleansing winds' has the same casting sound as magery 'greater heal'? How high is the pet's mysticism skill currently?

I would advise avoiding all magical abilities, adding any of those will wipe out the pet's magery.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
95.3 mysticism, 100 magery.
No curing is happening at all.
The skree does not cast healing spells except when poisoned, and then casting heal doesn't do anything except waste mana.
@Bleak please fix

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Cleansing winds does cure, as well as removes curses and heals. So maybe your little friend is using that instead of cure?

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Let's go over this one more time: My little friend is not curing at all ever.