• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Skills to lower mana cost of special moves

• Thread starter Sir Kenga
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

Sir Kenga

Can someone list them? i remember weapon skill, parrying, bushido, ninja.. what else?

P

Princess Vespa

Having trained a certain skill does not give lower mana cost. LMC comes on jewelry or armor. Now there are a couple of spells that might temporarely lmc but if anything its just a short little burst that doesnt last more than 30 seconds.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Having trained a certain skill does not give lower mana cost. LMC comes on jewelry or armor. Now there are a couple of spells that might temporarely lmc but if anything its just a short little burst that doesnt last more than 30 seconds.
Wrong, there are skills that give a special move mana reduction, 10 points for having 300 combined or 5 points for having 200 combined. I think one of them is poisoning, I don't know all of them.

Desperado_SE

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is what I could find on the Support page at uo.com...belive it is what your looking for:
If the total value of the battle related skill is high, you can decrease mana cost for special move. The eight battle related skills are: Swordsmanship, Macefighting, Fencing, Archery, Parrying, Lumberjacking, Stealth, Poisoning

Mana cost decreases with the total value of these skills:
- Total skill: 200.0-299.0: 5points mana cost decrease
- Total skill: 300.0 over: 10 point mana cost decrease

Faith

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will this stack with LMC ? So lets say a special move costs 100 mana, will it end up costing 50 mana with 40 LMC + 300 total skill?

S

Sir Kenga

Thanx Desperado_SE, but i think that list was added with ninja and bushido and maybe something else.
It will stuck with LMC.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This is what I could find on the Support page at uo.com...belive it is what your looking for:
If the total value of the battle related skill is high, you can decrease mana cost for special move. The eight battle related skills are: Swordsmanship, Macefighting, Fencing, Archery, Parrying, Lumberjacking, Stealth, Poisoning

Mana cost decreases with the total value of these skills:
- Total skill: 200.0-299.0: 5points mana cost decrease
- Total skill: 300.0 over: 10 point mana cost decrease
With the release of Samurai Empire Bushido and Ninjitsu were added to that list.

Varrius

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does the extra lower mana cost from having 300 points in these skills apply only to the "real" skill or can I use a ring and bracelet with skills to receive the lower mana cost?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Jewelry (and other items with skill bonuses, like some weapons, Dupre's Shield, and the Ancient Samurai Do) do count toward the 300.