• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Skills not staying up

G

Has anyone else had this same problem? I'll skill my charisma (for example) up to 13.02...lock it, than I'll go back to my place. Well when I get home, my skill has dropped down to 12.95....even though I locked it at 13. This is getting so frustrating. I've "re-skilled" it 3 times already and it keeps doing it. I'm also missing a lock

J

JRock

<blockquote><hr>

Has anyone else had this same problem? I'll skill my charisma (for example) up to 13.02...lock it, than I'll go back to my place. Well when I get home, my skill has dropped down to 12.95....even though I locked it at 13. This is getting so frustrating. I've "re-skilled" it 3 times already and it keeps doing it. I'm also missing a lock

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the 5 minute bug. Once you get up to 13, stay on that property for 5 minutes real life time and they should stay up.

I

Isimsalotta

YES, My friend had this happen to her too! All skilling and teaching she did was lost from yesterday!

I

imported_remflyer

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes it is the 5 minute bug which I hope they are going to fix today. Do not buy fruit now because it doesn't work. I ate a fruit from my tree to test the 5 minute bug and waited 15 minutes before leaving the property and I still lost the point I had gained from the tree.

G

I think you have to stay at work 5 mins after your last shift. Sims are not getting promoted as they should.

I

imported_remflyer

Grrrrrr
I hate this bug. They introduced this bug to our city when they put the fix in for the avatar leasing error (which also doesn't work). Why the heck was this not significantly tested in TC3 before putting it in ours? Isn't that why we have a test city?

G

Waiting 5 minutes isn't working. I have tried it to go to work green... doesn't happen. I even change the clothes I am wearing and that won't stick. This has to get fixed. People are getting annoyed because promotions aren't happening and they are going to work after loosing their green.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I'm not having any luck with the 5 minute wait either. I kept greening and waited a good 10 minutes but when I went to another house I was back where i started. I'd suggest not losing all your green today. The lower it goes, the lower it stays. Just moving from house to house puts you back to current level. But I suspect as the day goes on, you will lose more green.

Be careful out there people or by this time tonight we might have a ghost town

I

imported_remflyer

<blockquote><hr>

I'm not having any luck with the 5 minute wait either. I kept greening and waited a good 10 minutes but when I went to another house I was back where i started. I'd suggest not losing all your green today. The lower it goes, the lower it stays. Just moving from house to house puts you back to current level. But I suspect as the day goes on, you will lose more green.

Be careful out there people or by this time tonight we might have a ghost town

[/ QUOTE ]
Or go to a job so you can get green again!

J

JRock

Update to EA-Land 3/6/08 version 2.1607.9.0
Posted in Uncategorized by lfancey on the March 6th, 2008

Hi,

We have an fix for the motive decay bug. EA-Land will be going offline at 11:00 AM PST.

This is the only fix in this update.

Cheers,

Lee
0 Comments

I wonder if this will fix this problem.

M

mysticlisa516

I am at a point that I wish they would just shut the game down for 24-48 hours and get the merges finished and fix all these bugs that are showing up.

I'm tired of greening for work and arriving red (and yes, I waited up to 15 minutes before leaving property), the whole house being booted every time I turn around, the avatar leasing error, and losing skill points that takes me forever to get.

Just fix it already!!!

I

imported_remflyer

Yeah! Thanks for posting this. It wasn't there last time I check the blog.

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Same with me on my skills. Also taught someone some skills and theirs disappeared too.

I'm also missing locks on 5 of my sims.

I

imported_Spaghetti Legs

I just tested the "disappearing green" fix in Ea Land and it seems to have done the trick! I kept my motives and my newly acquired skill points.

Legs