• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Skilling up healing

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Discordance does not appear to reduce healing now... ... ... will it help anyway?

Help me please. Najasaurus? Dimetrosaur? Silver serpent? Acid slug pit? Rotting corpse room Doom?

WiggyJiggyJed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Rotting Corpses in Doom are what the guides that I have read recommend. I have done some training with one of my Cu Sidhes, but it is painfully slow (and the guides usually state as much).

I was lucky with my second Cu Sidhe. He's already got 100 healing. Down side is he's also already 4 slots.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Once my pet hit 90 I moved from RC in Doom to RC in Ilsh. Kept killing RC until I got a paragon one. Healing moved faster then.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you do not Discord your pet will not go above 110. If you do, it goes to 120. (in a bazillion hours)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I take disco Cu's to the room in the Underworld full of undead... there is a ton of stuff in there to agro and discord... and I just let them have at it. It doesn't work well with pets without healing as they struggle to stay alive in there but Cu's and Tritons seem to have no problem.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm a little more dual-purpose with my healing training.

I disco the pet at humility shrine, (invis and quickly become visible again), do the humility virtue quest, so that my healing pet gets the -70 to all resists, then take it to one of the elf brigand spots in Malas, and have it slaughter the elves as they attack it, staying safely away from most of the spawn.

You gain in the virtue, the pet gains in healing and other skills, and the need for the pet to heal more often means that it makes more skill gain checks.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I trained up 5 Snakes to 125 DEX/GM Wrest/GM Poison on an alt account, and i sick the snakes on my Healing pet while it's under Empowerment or Consume Damage. The pet is on Follow so it won't attack the snakes or cast any spells that cure, it'll just cure itself with Healing. The snakes will constantly inflict Lethal Poison (Lvl 5) on the pet. This will take Healing to 110-115. After that, i discord the Healing pet, and only keep 1-2 snakes on the pet as it's under Empowerment/Consume Damage, this will take the pet to 120 Healing.
Five Slimes skill trained up will also work.