• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Skilling speed

G

Okay, so here I am, playing chess at Simple Logic in EAL with 24 of my closest friends... and all of a sudden, skilling speed dropped from 118% to 89%, with 17 people playing chess. Is this a normal thing? Or is something about to break?

D

dinaj

I was just going to post the same thing you beat me to it. So whats up?????

Forgot to say I immediately logged out 89% ????? As if skilling is not BORING enough lets slow it down even more.

N

Noddy Bond

Yeah what gives? or is there going to be an optional extra charged service for extra speed? ROFL pls dont decide that it was a joke honest.

i see you Kathryne

S

ShelleyDew

Yeah what is the deal !!!!???!!! i won`t get far this way !!!!
ShelleyDew !!!!

N

Noddy Bond

Welcome one and all to the NEW and IMPROVED Skilling Speeds we hope you like them it took us a lot of effort to persuade the guys at the top to allow us to boost the skilling speed as high as 89% now please do not thank us we at EA love you all.

Disclaimer:
i am not an employee of EA or associated in any way bla bla bla bla and i did this as a joke so if you take any offence bite me

I

imported_Gracie Nito

The last time I saw that happen they surprised us with a 15 minute pizza party. Maybe that's advance warning that something is about to happen

F

frogger2

yup right now im at simple logic and everyone is freaking out, come on Maxis Luc...wake up. lol.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The last time I saw that happen they surprised us with a 15 minute pizza party. Maybe that's advance warning that something is about to happen

[/ QUOTE ]I'm not sure whether I should stand up and embrace this, or run and duck for cover!

G

The regular, maxed skilling speed is 118%.

Every so often, we will run unexpected (and usually unannounced) events. They are both good and bad. For those of you that played offline Sims, it is like rubbing that Genie bottle. At times you might notice that your skilling is at 89% or 250%! Gnomes might start selling for 300 simoleans a pop for a few minutes.

You get the idea. =)

G

<blockquote><hr>

can we keep the good surprises and ditch the bad ones?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just like irl, how can you truly appreciate the good stuff without the bad?

D

donnallg

We do appreciate the good. We just don't have much good anymore.

N

Noddy Bond

so whos idea was that then?
this is more likely to upset than to please and probably not a very strong selling point for an online game just my opinion.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can just imagine the furore when we get to the factory and find out that every single tool has been replaced with a fish

Polly

G

<blockquote><hr>

The regular, maxed skilling speed is 118%.

Every so often, we will run unexpected (and usually unannounced) events. They are both good and bad. For those of you that played offline Sims, it is like rubbing that Genie bottle. At times you might notice that your skilling is at 89% or 250%! Gnomes might start selling for 300 simoleans a pop for a few minutes.

You get the idea. =)

[/ QUOTE ]
RUN FOR THE HIIIIIILLSSSS!!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

this is more likely to upset than to please and probably not a very strong selling point for an online game just my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys. For years you've been asking for random events. Search in the Sims Stratics Archives.

So... here you go! You're welcome.

F

frogger2

A good glitch that I thought was funny was was first seen way back when pets was first introduced to the game. The glitch goes like this a sim would go to eat food another will grab the plate of food out of your hand and you both start to eat 1 sim will sit on chair the other on would sit on the chair sitting sim, it looked very funny lol Never hurt the game play and is something I would call as a fun glitch. it was fixed on the update when sim move was first introduced.

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys. For years you've been asking for random events. Search in the Sims Stratics Archives.

[/ QUOTE ]

Random Events to make it fun. Not Random Events to make us have to skill even longer.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

*goes off to search archives and find out which posters to start banning*

Polly

G

<blockquote><hr>

Random Events to make it fun. Not Random Events to make us have to skill even longer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, please scroll up and read my earlier post. There are good stuff and bad stuff. The scales are never tipped one way or the other. It is both done evenly.

I'm sorry that you choose to hate that.

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, please scroll up and read my earlier post. There are good stuff and bad stuff. The scales are never tipped one way or the other. It is both done evenly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the random events don't get me wrong. I just think they should all be fun. Who in their right mind would go to an event that is not enjoyable?

I

imported_debslee

Yea Pari, keep 'em guessing - I like it - I LIKE THIS ALOT! I can just imagine your Ops meetings (wish I was a fly on the wall) - discussing what unsuspecting surprise can we launch on the sims this week - good on ya - keep it coming....

and "pfft" I say to all you negative players out there who will slate the devs for doing this - Im watching this post with baited breath to see the onslaughts that are coming ROFL!!!!! (will be very humourous to watch)

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I was thinking more along the lines of dishwashers suddenly spewing pink flamingos, or having the toilets suddenly explode, or alligators coming out of the swimming pool -- Comic mischief! Making an already painful event even more so? I have to agree, that's going to irk people.

M

mysticlisa516

I believe that the randomness is ok, but the payouts need to be increased on the whole a little to make it worth my time to do something that I have no skills in.

G

<blockquote><hr>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="purple">You know, I am usually a good sport with this game. I don't usually rant or complain, just take the bad with the good. Everybody gets their bad days I guess. But holy mother, I dont think I can keep up the good attitude anymore. Pay outs are down, speed is down for skilling, I finally find a store to let me roomie Because I can't afford my own place then all my crap I was trying to sell in my store is in pieces, so no one is going to buy broken crap. I mean pixel pieces, not broken as in mech can fix it. My sim I wanted to move isn't moving. Nothing is fun. All the fun has been sucked out. I can't play this game too often, so I can't stick around hoping some "chance" fun thing will happen. Guess I need to stop venting now.
Just want to let you know. This Sucks. </font>

G

Why is it that not a single person complained when we raised the pizza payouts for 15 mins or the restaurant and robot factory payouts for 2 hours? Both were done yesterday. Not a single person whined. But lower skill speed for a few mins and you'd think we were trying to defecate on your dog.

Sheesh, guys!

G

I love the randomness, both the good and the bad.

I can't help thinking it would be kind of nice to save some of the "bad" for when some of the current issues have been all sorted out though. Maybe its just unfortunate timing with a lot of bugs and log in issues lately, but it kind of feels like we've already got enough "bad" to contend with.

Polly

N

NightFlyer

"...You guys. For years you've been asking for random events"....

I dont recall anyone asking for lower skill speed EVER.

Whose idea was this? And did they really think this is the sort of randon event we were talking about? If so, they don't know simmers at all.

G

<font color="purple">May be not everybody got to play yesterday. May be I had no freaking idea that even happened except for you just now saying so. All I know is I just get on and pay is low, skill speed is low, I cant get my laptop to work because of some update loop error, all my store inventory is broken. How can you expect anyone anywhere to say "Oh Yay! The mind-numbing skill speed is Lower! Yay Fun! Wahoo!"
</font>

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

Why is it that not a single person complained when we raised the pizza payouts for 15 mins or the restaurant and robot factory payouts for 2 hours? Both were done yesterday. Not a single person whined. But lower skill speed for a few mins and you'd think we were trying to defecate on your dog.

Sheesh, guys!

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering the payouts are so low, nobody is making money or really enjoying those activities so they resorted to spending their time skilling. Now that skilling isn't worth the time spent doing that activity either, what is your suggestion?

The factories and diners are closed at this sim hour so it's not like we could run off to work even if we wanted to.

It is times like this , that it is best to just log out and find something else more productive to do than play with your sim.

Time to go shopping?

Guess that is about all there is left to do.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I love the randomness, both the good and the bad.

I can't help thinking it would be kind of nice to save some of the "bad" for when some of the current issues have been all sorted out though. Maybe its just unfortunate timing with a lot of bugs and log in issues lately, but it kind of feels like we've already got enough "bad" to contend with.

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]I agree. It's not really a bad idea... Just really bad timing.

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

Sheesh, guys!

[/ QUOTE ]

Because alot are unhappy as it is. And any more negitive things is just another slap in the face.

G

Considering the payouts are so low, nobody is making money or really enjoying those activities so they resorted to spending their time skilling. Now that skilling isn't worth the time spent doing that activity either, what is your suggestion?

The factories and diners are closed at this sim hour so it's not like we could run off to work even if we wanted to.

It is times like this , that it is best to just log out and find something else more productive to do than play with your sim.

<font color="purple">You hit it right on the head Gracie. </font>

N

Noddy Bond

<blockquote><hr>

Sheesh, guys!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok i can see your point that the good also has to have a bad effect bla bla bla but with this skill drop you really are trying to defecate on our dogs any bad thing like fridges blowing up somthing amusing fine but you have made an already long tedious and boring task more so by decreasing the speed for the short time or however long you plan on doing so seriously anything BUT skilling not many like it but we have to skill to make any money from the likes of jams and factorys and so forth.
I am the worlds worst for skilling and its been an effort and half for me to get my skills i have now back in the days when i played all the time i never skilled at all because it was just so tedious then.

Heres an idea though i would pay extra for skill locks

N

NightFlyer

Parizad.. you really expected people to like lowered skilling speed??

Somehow I don't believe that. This is no surprise, the uproar on lowered speed, you know us well enough to know what would happen.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its sorta like when you spend hours finding a few sims to skill with, the minute you get 6 together naturally you have to green, you say oh please dont leave while I green I really need the speed, but every time when you get back they will all have wandered off. I usually take that as a message from the sim gods that I should find something else to do for awhile, sometimes if I really need skill I suck it up and take whatever speed I can get.

I'm all for unexpected events of any nature! There were bad ones in the offline game too. Just think Ooo lower skill I should run to a money house and see if my new skill paid off or not yet! Its not what happens in life that affects you, its how you react to it that matters!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the random events don't get me wrong. I just think they should all be fun. Who in their right mind would go to an event that is not enjoyable?

[/ QUOTE ]

How long did the 89% skill thing last, and how much do you really believe you lost during that time period of skilling 19% less speed. The pizza frenzy event only lasted 15 minutes, so since she said the good and bad were balanced I guess this means the 89% only lasted 15 minutes too? I don't see the big deal. People would be jumping for joy if the speed was 250% even for those 15 minutes, even though you couldn't gain much more skill in 15 minutes that way either unless it was a skill that you were just starting to skill, so why gripe so bad over a 15 minute PITA when there's been so many PITA's that have lasted so much longer?

If people would learn to pick their battles and only pancake about the stuff that really mattered, then there'd be alot less bashing over the constant pancakes....since
there wouldn't be constant pancakes nearly as much, only when there was something worthy of a production. In short....get a grip and loose the gripe.

D

dinaj

I pancake because I cannot not log into the game (due to error's) often enough to enjoy the good and when I finally can my dog gets defecated on ...

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How long did the 89% skill thing last, and how much do you really believe you lost during that time period of skilling 19% less speed. The pizza frenzy event only lasted 15 minutes, so since she said the good and bad were balanced I guess this means the 89% only lasted 15 minutes too? I don't see the big deal. People would be jumping for joy if the speed was 250% even for those 15 minutes, even though you couldn't gain much more skill in 15 minutes that way either unless it was a skill that you were just starting to skill, so why gripe so bad over a 15 minute PITA when there's been so many PITA's that have lasted so much longer?

If people would learn to pick their battles and only pancake about the stuff that really mattered, then there'd be alot less bashing over the constant pancakes....since
there wouldn't be constant pancakes nearly as much, only when there was something worthy of a production. In short....get a grip and loose the gripe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I want you to honestly tell me you would not gripe about an event you attended that did not like. I think not.

For example you pay for tickets to a concert and you get there, get seated, the band comes out and all of their equipment is broke. They start playing and it sounds like utter hell. Would you sit thru it and be all happy go lucky or would you leave and gripe about it? It's the same thing. We are paying for something so if we don't enjoy something about it we have the right to gripe.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Did somebody die?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's kinda what I was thinking.....Gracie turning on Parizad and the devs and me feeling sorry for Parizad...is the world about to start turning on its axis in the opposite direction or something?

I'd be pissed too if they'd done this for an entire day, or even for 3-4 hours maybe, but to get bent over a 15 minute negative event? What is the big deal that I am missing? I can't help but think that some people are pissed over the other announcement today (I'm bummed about that too) and this is just kinda one more straw on the pile.....but still it's misdirected anger. Go hog wild in the thread of what most people are genuinely, and rightfully so, upset about.....why this one?

D

dinaj

How is Gracie turning on Paizad by expessing her honest feelings? The devs need to hear honest opinions not just omg I love it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

How long did the 89% skill thing last...

[/ QUOTE ]It's still going! Nearly an hour and a half later, it's still going!

D

dinaj

the name of the game has changed and not much else so far .. so I stand by my comment TSO is dying.

M

MrRappa

My few simoleans worth here.....

Bullet trains are off due to bug with multi-tile objects.
Turning off ALL old cities too bad if you're still there 20 Feb.
Merge off indefinately.
Objects randomly disappearing.
Objects in inventory that cannot be placed.
Property costs are now HIGH.
Payouts are generally VERY LOW - would probably take the casual gamer a month to earn enough to buy land, several months to actually build anything.
EA of course have kindly provided ATMs for us to give them more money as a way around the ridiculous situation.

I'm all for random events. As someone else said though.... we have enough random negatives to deal with at the moment. Please refrain from intentionally making the game MORE of a frigging annoyance.

I'm sure that the random good AND the random bad will be accepted with more good humour if some of the BIG issues are resolved.