• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

skilling healing on cu sidhe??

• Thread starter alessandrov81
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
A

alessandrov81

i'm skilling my cu' hunting like all others pets... now it's GM in all skills BUT healing.. the skill is locked at 90.0 since 3 days and it doesn't go up.
the cap of all skills is 100, isn't it? There could be a reason? Nobody had the same problem?

DrDolittle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They can not gain past 90.0 with regular healing.

To get to GM healing you can do one of two things; let them cure lethal poison (by fighting a rotting corpse for example) or get them discorded. When the cu cidhe is in discord the healing skill displayed does not drop but it will gain above 90.0.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
What he says is right. The fastest way though is to get a guild mate to discord your cu sidhe (at least gm discord and 110 music in my opinion, but the higher the better).

A

alessandrov81

AH! what an useful information!! thank u very much, i think i'll go hunting that rotting things, don't like to train out of fight

I

imported_Lucretia

Best place is Covetous, under the lich room.

G

<blockquote><hr>

They can not gain past 90.0 with regular healing.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's why my dogs will have to suffer with below gm healing. I like to play UO and have my pets learn as they go. It's just silly to be forced to go "farm" something that you don't really feel like killing or something you wouldn't ordinarily have on your agenda.
Pfft!
*stomps foot and stuff*

G

I have lots of pups and I have about one 5x trained cu sidhe on each of my main tamers.

I just don't see an enormous difference in the healing abilities of my 90.0 healing pups and my 100.0 healing pups.

Frankly, since even a GM healing pup cannot res me and it doesn't suddenly start pooping piles of gold coins, I've ceased training their healing past 90.0...

Just me though.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
for the hassle of getting to GM its not worth it.

what does it change?
like 3-4 HP per heal?

ive got like 6 with GM, and prolly 4 that are at 90.
and i cant see a difference.

not that i would wanna waste another week training it up again kinda difference.

but if you ARE gonna train it.
disco and cast poison on it for a couple hours.
should be done when fresh tamed/bonded so that anat is low.

thats the fastest ive seen it GMed.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
<blockquote><hr>

That's why my dogs will have to suffer with below gm healing. I like to play UO and have my pets learn as they go. It's just silly to be forced to go "farm" something that you don't really feel like killing or something you wouldn't ordinarily have on your agenda.
Pfft!
*stomps foot and stuff*

[/ QUOTE ]That's one of the things that makes you special Flutter, and I don't mean that in a bad way.

<blockquote><hr>

but if you ARE gonna train it.
disco and cast poison on it for a couple hours.
should be done when fresh tamed/bonded so that anat is low.

[/ QUOTE ]To the best of my knowledge cu's can't cure poison until their anatomy is between 60 and 70 (not sure of the exact numbers - and remember this is discorded, so the real number will be higher), and they don't gain skill on failed attempts. Someone correct me if I am wrong. Once they can actually cure poison while discorded, you need high level poison for them to gain skill (I'm guessing this is because their healing will be so high relative to their anatomy). In my experience they gain healing fastest simply by letting them fight a shadow elemental while discorded. I only use poison to make sure they sustain heavy damage, which seems to result in more gains.

I

imported_Leto

<blockquote><hr>

It's just silly to be forced to go "farm" something that you don't really feel like killing or something you wouldn't ordinarily have on your agenda.
Pfft!
*stomps foot and stuff*

[/ QUOTE ]My sentiments exactly!

A

alessandrov81

have found another good way to skill it without disco... i have tryed covetous for a while but you can't go away for a minute that someone else take your place. So i went to ishenarm there are some places where it spawns, but with other monsters near. So i target all hte monsters and take them far away... so i have one rotting spawn. When it spawns paragon it has 6000 hp and 120 wrestling and poisoning. So my cu' take long time to kill it and it poisons every hit! In addition i take the money (that takes my feel a little less wasting my time) and above all i fight against him with my swords of prosperity so i can make my magery grow up... it's however a long time, but a little less alienating..

Now reading your posts it seems that healing 100 or 90 doesn't matters, so i don't know what to do.. does the cu' with 100 healing have substantially more chances to cure deadly poison?

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If you are fighting monsters that your cu sidhe is either much stronger than, or much weaker than, you won't notice any difference between 90 and 100 healing. But if you are fighting anything where it is a close fight, that 10 points can be the difference between your puppy living or dying. There is a noticeable difference in my opinion.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Frankly, since even a GM healing pup cannot res me and it doesn't suddenly start pooping piles of gold coins

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont we all wish our animals pooped gold coins?

I

imported_GFY

I have to agree on going to Illishinar and "farming" Rotting Corpses and paragons. My favorite place is the ancient citidal. The RC spawns at the entrance and all the other undead spawn inside. I just grab one and lead him south to the bridge. My cu can farm a RC by himself but if a paragon spawns ALL Heck breaks loose. Not really I just need to help him heal a bit and make sure he doesn't get himself killed. I like this spot because there is a small village just to the south and I can get a rez really quick if it all falls in the crapper!