• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Skill Masteries (Tram vs Fell)

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Until when these trammies will keep complaining about fell drops?

Think about this, trammies exclusively can:
1- get the city buffs
2- visit the abyss dungeon (medusa, slasher, stygian dragon, collect imbuing resources and more...)
3- visit dungeon doom (arties)
4- visit illshenar champs (exodus keys+champ spawns, spellweaving quests +++)
5- visit dungeon despice (andros)
6- get drops from trammel events (rares)
7- purchase items from NPCs
8- spawn ararat champ

Yet no red complains about it, but now they want to have identical rights to get the masteries drops in trammel!

Give us a break, no way!

I really hope the drop rate will be at least twice higher in fel.

I thought this expansion was made to attract some pvp action. Well i dont see it yet?

More risk=more challenge=better items
Thats how it is, thats how it was, and thats how it should be

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

1- get the city buffs
2- visit the abyss dungeon (melissande, slasher, stygian dragon, collect imbuing resources and more...)
8- spawn ararat champ

Yet no red complains about it, but now they want to have identical rights to get the masteries drops in trammel!

Give us a break, no way!

I thought this expansion was made to attract some pvp action. Well i dont see it yet?

WE "trammies" play nice and don't become anti-social murderous scum.... so hence it being the way it ought to be.... if being a red murderous anti-social person were the norm and the way everyone liked to roll then things would be different wouldn't it.

Honestly it's not a risk when you roll in a Zerg guild using every hack and cheat available ..... where is the risk in that??? And if they further give rewards for that then... have fun when they close the game down. Just saying.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lady Melisande exists in Fel. I've helped kill her numerous times there... so... yeah.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
More bait to try drawing in people for the PKers to have fun with? Wouldn't surprise me. ;)

Murdok

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WE "trammies" play nice and don't become anti-social murderous scum.... so hence it being the way it ought to be.... if being a red murderous anti-social person were the norm and the way everyone liked to roll then things would be different wouldn't it.

Honestly it's not a risk when you roll in a Zerg guild using every hack and cheat available ..... where is the risk in that??? And if they further give rewards for that then... have fun when they close the game down. Just saying.
This is the reasoning as to why everyone that loves fel feels as if they need to defend this aspect of the game!

Not all "reds" are "anti-social murderous scum". Those of us that live, play, love, Fel are just as compassionate about having the ability to take things in our own hands and live with the consequences of our actions. Player Justice is a great thing!

Honestly, when was the last time you set foot in fel? Very seldom will you see anyone of the "red" color persuasion other then say at yew gate or a champ spawn.... I personally have lived in Fel my entire UO life which started back in 97 and things have changed dramatically in the past few years. With the VvV system you do not need to run a red to roll an enemy guild. Matter of fact most old school reds are no longer red just for the fact you can use royal forged pardons to wipe any amount of counts now... personally my old main wiped 3600+ counts just to have the ability to travel where ever I wanted.

Not all guilds are "Zergs"... yes they do exist but I personally would not call 6-8 ppl a zerg guild! I am in several vent channels with some of what you would consider zergs, most of the time there are less than 10 even in prime time!

As far as your claim that they all cheat, another thing that I will agree to disagree on. Yes, some players feel they need to push the envelope to get an edge but tbh most of what you think is a cheat is either something that is done in game via macro or having a better pc or isp. I used to have the same thinking as you until someone sat me down and showed me how its done. Unfortunately I don't have a great pc and my reflexes are not what they used to be so I am limited to what I can and cant do and what char template is optimal for my play style.

In closing, please do not paint all Fel residence with the large brush you are using. Some of us are far from what you think we are!

Murdok

MoxZinnia

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I don't get why there just aren't completely separate Fel Servers and Trammel Servers. I mean, if people have different play styles and have different rules to serve those play styles, why are we trying to cram everyone onto the same server? Siege Perilous seems like a great idea. Why not more along that line of servers with consistent themes.

Murdok

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't get why there just aren't completely separate Fel Servers and Trammel Servers. I mean, if people have different play styles and have different rules to serve those play styles, why are we trying to cram everyone onto the same server? Siege Perilous seems like a great idea. Why not more along that line of servers with consistent themes.
I have played both production and siege.. I can tell you why ppl wont play siege...... ROT and Single char there. RoT in of itself is not a bad thing and if you know what you are doing you can train a char up pretty easy. Only having the ability to play one char per account hurts siege the worst IMO. Loosing items due to the no insurance isnt such a bad issue as long as you have a crafter/or knows someone that replace suits when you get looted.

Siege requires you to work more as a team and look after each other, not alot of ppl are willing to do that and those that do are few and far between from what I saw when I was a regular player there. BUT if you willing to work together things can be more fun

MoxZinnia

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I have played both production and siege.. I can tell you why ppl wont play siege...... ROT and Single char there. RoT in of itself is not a bad thing and if you know what you are doing you can train a char up pretty easy. Only having the ability to play one char per account hurts siege the worst IMO. Loosing items due to the no insurance isnt such a bad issue as long as you have a crafter/or knows someone that replace suits when you get looted.

Siege requires you to work more as a team and look after each other, not alot of ppl are willing to do that and those that do are few and far between from what I saw when I was a regular player there. BUT if you willing to work together things can be more fun
I think it cool that Siege has a theme. I don't mean copy Siege ten times, I just mean make other servers with themes. There could be a Fel Rules server, and everyone could have their normal six character slots, but everywhere they went would be Fel Rules. There could be a Trammel Rules server, and everyone could have their normal six character slots, and go anywhere and be under Trammel rules. I am just not sure why the game wants to cram people who want to play under different rule sets onto the same servers.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Reds dont wonder around Fel anymore, since the new Royal Pardon has been invented, all ''RED'' are blue now with just a VvV tag.
Its not biased in either way, for Fel or Tram players, If you dont want to venture into Fel and risk big to gain big, then go buy the PSes from another player and spend gold instead of playing the game and its mechanics, If you worry that you going to be ganked, well go with a big group, even tho, 1 good PVPer can take a whole bunch of Trammies out in no time.
Point I am trying to make is, helping one group will make some of the other group leave and viceversa.
I have trammie chars, the same as I have Red chars, If you want to get masteries with no risks, then go to Ilsh and do the spawns there.
I believe taking the loot and rewards of Fel, outweights the bad things from Fel, as being attacked, Trust me , you will be much happier when you have your 120 Magery or 120 Mystics, than not having any.....
There is plenty to do in Tram without having to enter Fel or even complain about it, But bottom line is, if you dont have Gold and want the top end stuff, well you got to risk something yourselve, its not going to be put in a silver platter infront of you, just for the taking, end of the day its a game, you need to kill monster to get PS, do it or do not get a PS, simple. ( OR you gank the trammmie just as he finishes the champ and steal his PSes) ;)
Fel is not as scary as before also, depends much also what shard you play, I see many veteran players which I know have Transfre shields, why dont you go to a less crowded shard and farm Fel there with no risk?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If Fel were such a great and wonderful place Trammel would never have been built and Siege and Mugen would be the most popular shards.... But we all know that they aren't and that Fel is a ghost town only populated by those who either can't find housing in Tram or cling to the old memories of times long gone... times which will NEVER be again...

Why? Because most decent folk got tired of being harassed, continually losing all that they worked for, having to work 10X harder just to do anything because every 10 min someone came by to take their hard earned work, be it ore, wood, house, boat or what have you.

Folk still hate that. Many folk play to relax... the older we get the less we want to "panic" while playing. Sure some still enjoy the thrill of battling something that has a bit of intel and isn't something they just hack and slash till it's dead... but without everyone being on an even playing field, ie having good or excellent internet speed and connection, ping what have you.... as well as all the super suits and all it's just not even a fair fight... and if you top that off with folk who are set up and geared out to be able to do EM events and PvM aren't really much if any of a challenge to those who are Fel hardened and PvP experts...

So forgive me if it IRKS me to no end to have folk continually cry and piss and moan about getting "enticements" for Fel... it's not an enticement for folk who live there and breathe the PvP..... it's an enticement meant to send lambs to the slaughter which IMO is just plain stupid and crap since it's not a challenge for anyone in Fel to kill the lambs and it certainly isn't FUN for anyone who could give 2 shillings about PvP to have to go there.... so what winds up happening is that those who don't like Fel or PvP get pissed off at having to pay ridiculous prices to get items they need to PvM and folk in Fel get rich off folk either by killing the lambs constantly over and over and over again and then adding insult to injury keeping the Tram PvM crowd from obtaining needed items and then overpricing said items to the point that it not only discourages current players but discourages new and returning players from coming back...

THAT is my argument and THAT is the argument I will maintain. Enticing folk to try to force people into doing something they don't want to do has already been proven NOT to work... so continuing down that useless path is insane... And folk wonder where people are... *rolls eyes*...

And FYI I am in Fel quite often... I have a home there... on a few shards... Several on Siege. I don't live there for the PvP though. I'm there because they do stuff when I'm sometimes available to do things... And I like the company.

I know several folk who get off on PvP and enjoy it... and hey if that's your cup of tea then so be it... It's not for everyone and I like many others do NOT want to have to be enticed into going and doing things I don't want to do. If I wanted to PvP I know where Fel is.

@zchosen As for me accusing you of hacking and cheating learn to read as I did NOT. I said it happens often and several do cheat and hack and use illegal 3rd party programs... and on the shard I live on... it's even bragged about in General chat all day long and many people on my shard who are in the bigger Fel guilds openly admit to it... and if you watch any of their video's even post themselves cheating...

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
WE "trammies" play nice and don't become anti-social murderous scum.... so hence it being the way it ought to be.... if being a red murderous anti-social person were the norm and the way everyone liked to roll then things would be different wouldn't it..
This is a video game. Being a red doesn't make you "anti-social murderous scum". That's a total load of BS.

1- get the city buffs
2- visit the abyss dungeon (melissande, slasher, stygian dragon, collect imbuing resources and more...)
8- spawn ararat champ

Give us a break, no way!

Couldn't agree more. We see this ALL the time on these forums.... people who can't get their way or have to deal with the smallest inconvenience threaten to quit, close all their accounts, take their toys and go home. It surprises me that this game supposedly has a 'mature' crowd, because we see this cry-baby crap all the time. Nothing but prima-donnas.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Some of my earliest fondest memories of this game were pvp related. I play a red, my main account has mostly red characters... And I'm not even close to anti social or scum. I kill people all day in UO, but I have also done a lot of good for the community. I have returned items worth millions, and helped people in more ways then I can count.

I am getting rather tired of the pvp ='s scripting mentality. There are 10x more "illegal addons" available for pvm and "trammy" content then for PvP hands down. There are a good number of pvpers running the enhanced client these days, playing 100% legit.

If you don't want to pvp in fel or farm in fel then don't. Just because something is available somewhere you don't want to go doesn't mean it should just be removed, or handed to you elsewhere. That's like saying.. "I HATE killing paroxymous, but I want the swamp dragon. but I don't want to do that encounter. So clearly the swamp dragon needs to be available elsewhere so I can get it." That's just silly. PvPers should have their little zone and their little treasures too. If you don't want to get it yourself, then buy it from them. Trammel players have tons of content not available to fel players. We don't cry about it, we just buy what we need from the tram players or go try to get it ourselves.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Because the large portion of enjoyment that is derived by Fel residents is from non-consentual PvP. It's not nearly as much fun to only fight other ready and willing PvPers. They need victims.

MoxZinnia

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Trammel players have tons of content not available to fel players. We don't cry about it, we just buy what we need from the tram players or go try to get it ourselves.
Out of curiousity, is there any Trammel content that is as required for every character as 120 power scrolls? And what is the difficulties that Fel players encounter when getting this content that they do not normally have to contend with? This is an honest question-- I've only been playing casually for about 6 months, and have stuck to Trammel. I know PvM and PvP would want different gear because different rule sets, so I guess PvPers would want to put on different gear to be more effective against monsters but what else?

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Out of curiousity, is there any Trammel content that is as required for every character as 120 power scrolls? And what is the difficulties that Fel players encounter when getting this content that they do not normally have to contend with? This is an honest question-- I've only been playing casually for about 6 months, and have stuck to Trammel. I know PvM and PvP would want different gear because different rule sets, so I guess PvPers would want to put on different gear to be more effective against monsters but what else?
The exodus encounter drops the +5 to all stats scroll. It is not available in fel. The entire stygian expansion has bosses and content and materials that are not available in fel. The materials are needed for imbuing and the special drops (such as the slither) are used in many pvp suits. The governor system that gives a daily buff is also not available in fel. Red characters cannot use it at all. So yes, trammel has much much more "needed" stuff than fel. Fel only has powerscrolls, and is lacking on overall game content tremendously.

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not just that, but I guarantee you, that if trammel was removed from UO again, the numbers that now play UO would at MINIMUM double. Guaranteed. You do realize there used to be a *LOT* more people who played, and a TON of them quit when trammel was introduced... some at the company think it was trammel that KEPT people from leaving, but for those of us that were around at the time, we remember. It was trammel and statloss that killed the population, not pvp. But keep telling yourself that care bear.

MoxZinnia

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
The exodus encounter drops the +5 to all stats scroll. It is not available in fel. The entire stygian expansion has bosses and content and materials that are not available in fel. The materials are needed for imbuing and the special drops (such as the slither) are used in many pvp suits. The governor system that gives a daily buff is also not available in fel. Red characters cannot use it at all. So yes, trammel has much much more "needed" stuff than fel. Fel only has powerscrolls, and is lacking on overall game content tremendously.
So, stat increase scrolls can only be gotten in Trammel, as well as some imbuing ingredients, if I understand you correctly. And the issue with this is that Reds (some of the Fel players) cannot access them or other Trammel content. If so, yes that is a problem for the Reds. It goes right to what I said about trying to make two sets of players play together by different rules that don't mesh. I would rather see a Fel Rules server and a Trammel Rules server. That way everyone can just play the way they want. Reds could actually go out and get what they need, and Trammel players could go out and get what they need without Fel players destroying their hard work. Let everyone play and be happy, I say!

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO would be greatly improved by removing all non-consentual PvP.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So, stat increase scrolls can only be gotten in Trammel, as well as some imbuing ingredients, if I understand you correctly. And the issue with this is that Reds (some of the Fel players) cannot access them or other Trammel content. If so, yes that is a problem for the Reds. It goes right to what I said about trying to make two sets of players play together by different rules that don't mesh. I would rather see a Fel Rules server and a Trammel Rules server. That way everyone can just play the way they want. Reds could actually go out and get what they need, and Trammel players could go out and get what they need without Fel players destroying their hard work. Let everyone play and be happy, I say!
Segregating the 500 or so people left in this game won't fix anything. It's not about pvpers stealing hard earned work. Same can be said for trammel players. I can't count the how many times I have farmed something in tram, only to have some guy run up last minute and tag whatever I have worked at killing. And we are in tram so I can't even kill him!

Tram needs to have its perks, and fel needs to have its perks. Trams perks are far outweighing the perks of fel. That is the problem. If you don't want to enter the other realm for the perks... trade, buy, sell, stimulate the economy. It's really not rocket science.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
UO would be greatly improved by removing all non-consentual PvP.
Read what you said wrong the first time lol.
I don't think deleting tram or fel will fix anything at this point. What will fix things now will be the development team acknowledging the two different play styles as being equally important. I'm kinda tired of the devs catering to the twisted mentality that all we want is sheep to the wolves. And we can't add anything fel specific without breaking the game and causing tears. But there are never any issues adding only tram content. That really is unfair in more ways then one.

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone that says eliminating pvp from UO is a good idea hasn't played Dota 2. It's the highest earning E sport EVER right now, and it's basically 5 on 5 UO pvp. With WAY better graphics. Saying that removing pvp from anything would improve it, makes your input 100% irrelevant. Pvp was what made UO great. I was there, I saw it first hand. The reason the devs at the time added trammel is the small but EXTREMELY whiney population of people who couldn't fend for themselves cried for it incessantly, and when they got what they wanted, ruined the game in the process. You're what's left. Stratics is still filled with whiney care bears tthat don't have a CLUE what pvp is, and why it made UO great. Or why you're sitting in trammel all alone with nothing to do, and 5 friends to do it with. I remember 50 on 50 battles that happened VERY regularly. When you could find, at any time, on any shard, in any town, forest, or dungeon region, other PEOPLE. You just *think* you know what's best for UO. But you really don't. Keep whining and killing the game though. As long as you get that pixel crack you pay for right?

Last edited:

del55

Sage
Stratics Veteran

u know what, u are one of the biggest groups who harm "ultima online" very badly. u guys believe or not PVP has a direct effect to the server u are playing. most of the craftmen things, value of ur drops, value of your lovely houses are directly affected by the number of people who are pvping there. and once u lost them u lose ur lovely trammy server too. guess what?

ABANDONED LUNA, WATCHING WALLS AND REMEMBERING OLD DAYS.

u guys only care about luna, britain and em events ( this is only for another rare drop for your lovely, full of memories house) and dont care about what happens in the game. the game is continously changing and it is not "old ultima online" just because u guys close ur eyes to everything like whats happening in fellucca side. because u completely deny the existing of that side. there are lots of cheat programs, cheaters, weird skills, problems but u never mention it, ur only concern is "new monetary, trading system" or "how to deco castle"

lets remove all the pvpers on atlantic and watch the server with trammies. what will happen to economy, house prices , house locations, trading etc.

servers continously lose players because there is no pvp or pvp with full of hacks. guess why? because of u. there is no merge for servers, guess why? because of ur "over valued houses"

I spent a lot of the time in luna, mettings, events, I also join pvp in the server but once i get bored with pvp, i am thinking of quitting UO. and I do care community and its future, not only "my rares"

for many people most funny part of the game is "pvp" accept or not, the people who do rp in luna, in britain leave the server when his friends quit/change server just because of no pvp or less pvp.

when there is no pvp :

house prices decrease
item prices decrease ( u will need lots of garden shed to hoard ur items)
server value decrease ( does this server has player at all feeling, go check some japanese servers)
crafting value decreases
vendors don't sell anything ( then guess what would you do to buy ur lovely rares? u buy gold from sellers! u just ruined the idea of role playing)
value of ultima online decreases -> lack of focus on current bugs because of no report or no complain.

so, briefly you "must" consider this game as a whole, you must consider this game as a "fantastic middle age world with full of dangers, actions, role plays" .

In my opinion, you are one of the most harmful group in UO, who only cares about whats happening in trammel who never think about the future of UO.

Note : I haven't had any PK character in Origin servers.

Giles

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In my experience the Vast majority of people play in Tram. The Developers should probably put more of their resources toward the largest player base.

People should not be forced into pvp for rewards (like power scrolls). I know all the arguments against what I just said; it is just how I feel.

That being said, it seems like the bosses needed to be killed for this new quest are also available in Tram. So it does not seem to be an issue.

ziox

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm glad to see that Broadsword working very well on new releases and I think that the loot are very well distributed either on Trammel or Felucca ...
The new artifacts are super attractive, new masteries system is really interesting and the new Eodon world is sublime !!! I am completely excited to discover these new bosses.

For all littles ragers, keep kool and respect the work of our dev who try to do their best to make UO continues to evolve.
You are just a small community that does nothing but complain when a change does not please you. Even if the change is good or bad.
if you enjoy playing UO, evolves with UO.

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In my experience the Vast majority of people play in Tram. The Developers should probably put more of their resources toward the largest player base.

People should not be forced into pvp for rewards (like power scrolls). I know all the arguments against what I just said; it is just how I feel.

That being said, it seems like the bosses needed to be killed for this new quest are also available in Tram. So it does not seem to be an issue.
Yea but what is your experience? Pre trammel? Or POST trammel? If it's after trammel was put in, you really don't know what UO used to be like.... It was more like a real Ultima then. With real roleplayers, and people jockeying for power in a land rife with evil. People trying to carve out real communities, that not only played together, and roleplayed together, but also FOUGHT together to protect what was theirs. What we have now is the ******* child of that amazing game. How could you not love the fight pits on a weekend evening on Sonoma? Or the Fred vs. Bob server wars? Seriously. You'll never know the glory of Bonedewd and Platedewd. Or Lum the Mad... Or Greybeard, then I could go on and tell you stories like finding a head in the middle of your floor when you logged in, and wondering what in the heck is this? Or how about gms that actually interacted with the players? Took you to jail and muted you and left you there for hours because you cussed. They didn't just ban you because you were "naughty." There was actually a POTTY MOUTH ROOM! I know, I spent plenty of nights there when they interfered with my pking. Bad programming decisions and splitting a player base is proven to be a horrible idea by now and should be abolished from video games forever. CREATIVE and inventive coding to keep them together was what was needed then, and is what is needed NOW.

Last edited:

Giles

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@ Balinor

I dont understand why that matters. There is nothing written that if you were here from the early days that you have this knowledge that no one else understands.

If the concept of fel was so great, why is there hardly anyone playing there? I play in fel all the time. Too many goodies not to

I am a 15 year vet. I played in fel when i first started and understand what it is about. If American players in fel acted like they do on Asian shards, we probably never would have had a problem

MoxZinnia

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Segregating the 500 or so people left in this game won't fix anything.
How much are they segregated already, though? As you point out, Reds can't go out and get stuff they need, and people who don't like to PvP don't want to go to Fel. There are also some people on here who apparently believe that the population of Fel Rules servers would burgeon. I don't know if it would, but it might. I don't think a Trammel Rules server would lose population, because people are already there because that's what they like.

It's not about pvpers stealing hard earned work.
I would argue that it is an issue, though, to the people who don't want to do pvp.

Same can be said for trammel players. I can't count the how many times I have farmed something in tram, only to have some guy run up last minute and tag whatever I have worked at killing. And we are in tram so I can't even kill him!
Sure, it is quite possible for both Trammel players and Fel players to be kill stealing jerks. On a Fel Rules server where everything is available to everyone, you would not have been forced to farm in Trammel and you could have tried to kill the offending character. If that is your preferred play style it should be supported. If you prefer not to have people kill your characters when you are out and about doing things (not kill stealing, just normal everyday things), you might prefer Trammel rules.

Tram needs to have its perks, and fel needs to have its perks. Trams perks are far outweighing the perks of fel. That is the problem. If you don't want to enter the other realm for the perks... trade, buy, sell, stimulate the economy. It's really not rocket science.
Maybe perks aren't working. That's just trying to bribe people to do a play style they don't enjoy. I personally think creating an entire world that supports the play style would be a better option, instead of trying to cram two styles with two rule sets together.

MoxZinnia

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
That's also a great solution. Just make sure everything is available to people in Fel and people in Trammel. Maybe they need to make mirrors of each new shard, one with Trammel rules and one with Fel rules.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's also a great solution. Just make sure everything is available to people in Fel and people in Trammel. Maybe they need to make mirrors of each new shard, one with Trammel rules and one with Fel rules.
Fell loot, item intensity & drop rate should still be higher than tram. Just like resources gathering (mining/lumberjacking...), skill gain and more...

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They gave us the dragon turtle champ in Felucca which is pretty sweet. Interesting how they did it, cutting out a square of the champ spawn area. Kind of like how they did the circles of the towns for the other part of Blackthorns Dungeon.

I've been playing on Origin exclusively since the patch hit it. You know what I've noticed? People to play with... On this shard I am running a cruddy outdated template with a cruddy outdated suit and I am having more fun than I do on normal shards because *drum roll* people to play with! I even got attacked at the Felucca version of the champ spawn. (I was VvV, they were VvV it worked as intended). I am having an absolute blast because...*drum roll* people to play with!

I am pro-Fel, I am a firm believer that there are many disadvantages to reds, more so than "disadvantages" to people who don't want to goto Felucca. However what I have learned, the game is just more fun with...people to play with! Regardless of the facet. I think there should be advantages to playing in Felucca, not to force Trammel folks to Felucca but because it is a more challenging experience. These new rewards could be available in both facets but just a higher chance of getting them in Felucca? Or maybe there should be rewards that only PvPers would care about in Felucca? Actual good and usable splinter weapons (not a cool looking sword that takes a year between swings) or some really cool EP jewel or something.

Anyway, food for thought.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Reds dont wonder around Fel anymore, since the new Royal Pardon has been invented, all ''RED'' are blue now with just a VvV tag.
Its not biased in either way, for Fel or Tram players, If you dont want to venture into Fel and risk big to gain big, then go buy the PSes from another player and spend gold instead of playing the game and its mechanics, If you worry that you going to be ganked, well go with a big group, even tho, 1 good PVPer can take a whole bunch of Trammies out in no time.
Point I am trying to make is, helping one group will make some of the other group leave and viceversa.
I have trammie chars, the same as I have Red chars, If you want to get masteries with no risks, then go to Ilsh and do the spawns there.
I believe taking the loot and rewards of Fel, outweights the bad things from Fel, as being attacked, Trust me , you will be much happier when you have your 120 Magery or 120 Mystics, than not having any.....
There is plenty to do in Tram without having to enter Fel or even complain about it, But bottom line is, if you dont have Gold and want the top end stuff, well you got to risk something yourselve, its not going to be put in a silver platter infront of you, just for the taking, end of the day its a game, you need to kill monster to get PS, do it or do not get a PS, simple. ( OR you gank the trammmie just as he finishes the champ and steal his PSes) ;)
Fel is not as scary as before also, depends much also what shard you play, I see many veteran players which I know have Transfre shields, why dont you go to a less crowded shard and farm Fel there with no risk?

YES there are no reds, ive posted about this before and it really pisses me off that these royal pardons are NOT a one time use.
no freakin justice without killing your red in your house. so lame. blue VvV people come raid non blue VvV people, next thing u know everyone orange and u end up with abunch of murder counts. VvV blues can kill all they want and just eat another royal pardon, so lame. non VvV people have been screwed. theres is way less pvp now since VvV, at least on my shard. it also took away the fun of killing murders. my red will never be blue.

Last edited:

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@zchosen

Man, talk about passive-agressive.

I doubt fel will ever rise again. Good luck to You
If you think fel has fallen, you are really out of touch with the game as a whole. Right now, modern day, on ls and Atl you can find 30+ people at yew gate and at champ spawns having a blast fighting. Anyone remember the last time they saw 30 people anywhere in tram outside of em events? Hmmmm... yea fel must be dead.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you think fel has fallen, you are really out of touch with the game as a whole. Right now, modern day, on ls and Atl you can find 30+ people at yew gate and at champ spawns having a blast fighting. Anyone remember the last time they saw 30 people anywhere in tram outside of em events? Hmmmm... yea fel must be dead.
Yeah a few people in the guild I play with on Europa and Atlantic say LS is rocking! My gm trained mage is just needing some better gear to come and join the fun.

MoxZinnia

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
These new rewards could be available in both facets but just a higher chance of getting them in Felucca?
I would be cool with such a system. It's like if they made it so I could only mine Valorite if I went to Fel, then that isn't a choice; but with the current system where I can get twice the ore by mining in Fel, then that is a choice.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lets not act like red and blue are equivalent. Reds, along with the karma idea were meant to punish people who do not behave.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Your proposal to divide the game up to tram only and fel only shards is not, and would not be a productive solution to any tram vs fel dilemma. Just because I pvp, and I kill people, and I play most of my game in fel, does not mean I do not enjoy my trammel only friends. I also enjoy hanging out with them and helping them fight other pvpers...

Why should I be cast into another server like a red headed stepchild just because I have valid concerns with the current neglect of my playstyle? Your solution isn't even logical on any level. Not to sound rude, but I don't think it's even worth responding to. It will never happen anyways.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not just that, but I guarantee you, that if trammel was removed from UO again, the numbers that now play UO would at MINIMUM double. Guaranteed. You do realize there used to be a *LOT* more people who played, and a TON of them quit when trammel was introduced... some at the company think it was trammel that KEPT people from leaving, but for those of us that were around at the time, we remember. It was trammel and statloss that killed the population, not pvp. But keep telling yourself that care bear.
You seem to have your history confused. UO's population skyrocketed after Trammel was introduced. And as long as we are giving out empty guarantees, I can guarantee you that had Trammel not been introduced, UO would not be around today.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Your proposal to divide the game up to tram only and fel only shards is not, and would not be a productive solution to any tram vs fel dilemma. Just because I pvp, and I kill people, and I play most of my game in fel, does not mean I do not enjoy my trammel only friends. I also enjoy hanging out with them and helping them fight other pvpers...
Of course, being able to kill Trammies, has nothing to do with your enjoyment?

Giles

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Giggles

Using Atlantic as an example may be not that statistically valid for the majority of shards.

Are you really saying that the majority of players are pvping in fel?

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Of course, being able to kill Trammies, has nothing to do with your enjoyment?
Go check out my YouTube channel... pebbles8382. Tons of pvp videos where I am only fighting large groups of other pvpers. Dare you to find one video where I am laughing historically at the merciless slaughter of some poor little blue in a sorc suit. You have a very corrupt view of pvp. That's sad because you are really missing out on a very fun part of the game.

MoxZinnia

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran

Why should I be cast into another server like a red headed stepchild just because I have valid concerns with the current neglect of my playstyle? Your solution isn't even logical on any level. Not to sound rude, but I don't think it's even worth responding to. It will never happen anyways.
So, don't respond if you don't want to. No one got thrown on to Siege, right? So I don't see why you would be thrown onto another server if they made one. You could choose to go there. But it seems to me that a lot of people would have fun on a Fel Rules only or a Trammel rules only server. At the very least, they would have no more need to complain about the existence of the other group lol. The only thing I agree with in your post is the idea that it will never happen, but still I think I'll hang out here and continue to be all illogical and stuff.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Giggles

Using Atlantic as an example may be not that statistically valid for the majority of shards.

Are you really saying that the majority of players are pvping in fel?
What "I am really saying" is what I said. Fel is not dead, it has not fallen, and you cannot find 30+ people doing anything in tram together outside of EM events. You can find that every day in fel.
Maybe what I am really saying is pvpers are cute, fun, social butterflys, who play together more than tram players do. :lick:.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
So, don't respond if you don't want to. No one got thrown on to Siege, right? So I don't see why you would be thrown onto another server if they made one. You could choose to go there. But it seems to me that a lot of people would have fun on a Fel Rules only or a Trammel rules only server. At the very least, they would have no more need to complain about the existence of the other group lol. The only thing I agree with in your post is the idea that it will never happen, but still I think I'll hang out here and continue to be all illogical and stuff.

Yes, please keep coming up with ideas that hold no weight or any means to better this game. Trammies need PvPers to buy their loot. No PvP = no reason to farm.