• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Skill Lock Issue

E

EricaSKID

Forgive me for posting about the same problem in 2 different places on the boards, but I really need help here.

I have a family of 4 Sims in Betaville. They all have 25 skill locks. 3 of the sims have locked all 25 locks. On one of them, however, I am only able to lock 17 of those locks. This does not occur on my other 2 accounts. What can I do to get the locks this Sim is entitled to?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Forgive me for posting about the same problem in 2 different places on the boards, but I really need help here.

I have a family of 4 Sims in Betaville. They all have 25 skill locks. 3 of the sims have locked all 25 locks. On one of them, however, I am only able to lock 17 of those locks. This does not occur on my other 2 accounts. What can I do to get the locks this Sim is entitled to?

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you, by any chance, create that sim later than the first 3 on that account? I have one in BV that I recreated that works like you are saying. It shows the lock there but I can't actually use it until that sim gains enough days.

E

EricaSKID

Yes. The sim in question is 40 days old. The rest are 120 days old.

E

EricaSKID

I re-created the Sim family in question. They are all now 0 days old and have 20 locks LOL I am not going through that headache again. The headache now is re-skilling. I have my money and some of my objects back (I sold the other objects my other 2 Sims were keeping as they were old and broke constantly).

I

imported_DutchAmerica

It's a glitch. I have had that happen quite often in BV.

(BTW...Regardless of how old the 'minor' sims are, they will have the same # of locks as the parent sim.)

I have noticed that when you are skilling in BV...sometimes you have to wait to apply locks after reaching the next level of the skill you are working or sometimes your sim on the screen will show that you have a higher skill than the skill indicator on your skill page has.

But if you are saying your sims on the 'same' account are showing different locks,then probably you'd want to take screenies and send it to the devs for their future consideration when they get ready to work on BV.

However, I wouldn't necessarily expect it to be fixed anytime soon because BV is not the priority at this time, but the Devs have talked
about 'revisiting', 'fixing'/revamping' BV so that it will be available for play in EAland also.