• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Provocation] Skill jewels and masteries

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why is it that for the provo masteries it uses real skill for the buffs, with jewels im 120 provo but only get the 90 provo buff. I can understand it goes by real skill but the disco masteries don't use real skill as i have 90 disco and jewel up to 120 for full damage.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well if thats the case that would be a bug. (I better get to testing)

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hope the bug is skill jewels not working for peace and provo...please don't change the disco ones so it's real skill only or your gona bork 3 of my disco chars!!!

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why shouldn't it work? What difference is there from other skills that use jewels to boost skills?

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Masteries were suppose to be based on real skill. I guess discord masteries somehow got missed......

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You need 90 to get the quest and at that level your a master...should be enough and be able to use jewels too. Other skills don't require real skill only.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need 90 to get the quest and at that level your a master...should be enough and be able to use jewels too. Other skills don't require real skill only.
Perhaps the devs have finally decided that real skill should provide more benefit than item boosted skills. I'd say it's long overdue, even though my bard is still training - at least now there's a reward for making the effort. I'll boost up a supporting skill instead, which suits me better because I'll have a lot more freedom in the items I can use :)

Wenchy

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
they are called Bard Masteries.
not Bard Adeptnessess or Bard Imbue a ring and watch and get the same as the people who slave away with love to make a pure bard.

i like the way they did it.
they allow people with minimal skill to get some of the perks.
but if you invest the time and the skill points you get more perks.

that should be the same for all skills as far as im concerned.

ya put in the time to make your toon the highest in their skills that you can you should get a reward or bonus for it over someone who puts in the very minimal effort.

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually I did put in alot of effort because i was 120 and lowered it to 90 to free up some points and the points im saving are more useful for my templates than the masteries.
Don't get my wrong I love the new spells just don't think they don't justify me going to true 120 in a skill, might to u and that's ok.