• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Skill gain system

• Thread starter imported_Milan
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Milan

Hi

Could somebody please explain how the skill gain system works as there is so much conflicting advice out there?

Thanks for any help

G

Simple really, you choose which skill you wish to raise, make sure it is set to raise in the "skills" part of your paperdoll, then use the proper wep or spell or skill over and over again. As your skills rise you will need to do more and more difficult things. For example if you wish to raise your swords skill, you would get a wep that says swords on it, then attack monsters. Since you skill will be low at first you will probably have to attack easier beasts like mongbats. As your skill rises you will need to attack more difficult creatures.

Which skill did you wish to raise?

G

Basically what was already posted. A good way to get initial levels in skills is to do the appropriate quest in Haven. See the sticky up top here for those.

Using gold, train the desired skill from the trainer to about 40, then double-click them for the quest explanation and what you need to do. In part of the old town is an area where skill gain is increased making the attainment of 50 points in the skill rather easy to do in most cases. You must have accepted the training quest to get the increased gains.

Most of the major skills are trainable to 50 this way. They also have a reward at the end of the training - when you go back to the instructor and double-click them once more. Some are really rather nice things and can serve you well.

Most skills are simply use-it-to-raise-it. Some, like Anatomy, Evaluating Intelligence, Focus and Tactics, will raise automatically if the skill arrow is up. Just using some other skill will allow these to raise.

J

joblackjon

In Stratic's Prof. Forums (on main page) you will find fairly detailed instruction guides for all skill gaining.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Focus yourself on 6-7 skills on that one character. Think first what way your heading.
Lock every other skill you want to raise.To raise the skill just use the right weapon or spell.Ofcourse the higher your skill go the higher spell you need to cast and stronger monster you need to fight. Or for crafting skill the more difficult item you need to make.
Some skills can be raised in more then one way too.

I

imported_Milan

Thanks for the help so far and I think I understand everything so far. I seem to gain immediately after I log on and then seem to have to wait ages for another gain, is this the way it works?

L

Lugh Simaldinach

With skills that have obvious failures and different levels of difficulty such as magery and the various crafting skills, you will find that you get the best chance of gains when you have a 45 to 65 percent chance of success. Since most skills gain when successfully applied, working at less than a 45% chance will mean too many tries between gains. Greater than 65% is too easy and has a lower chance of gain.

There is a guarenteed gain system. With this, if you don't get any gains in a skill in a specific time period, the next time you successfully use the skill "at your skill level" you will get a gain. The time period increases with your skill and ranges from a few minutes to a couple of days. The "at your skill level" part means that if you are a mage with 85 skill points, you will mot get a GGS gain for casting a circle 1 spell.

Some combat skills are based on the target. For example, you will never become a grandmaster archer shooting lizardmen.