• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Skill decay basis

• Thread starter Inge Jones
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

Inge Jones

Can I just check how skills decay? Is it daily per realtime day no matter if you play your sim or not? Or are the skills decaying per game day just while you are playing, so if you didn't play for a while your skills would be how you left them?

M

mike1977

Unlocked skills only decay when you are on a non-residential property.

I

Inge Jones

Thanks. They don't seem to go down as fast as I feared they might, then

I

imported_Gracie Nito

The lower your skill point level is in a particular category the faster it decays.
Example if you have 15 cooking points, 10 logic points and 5 body points, then the body points will decay the fastest. The higher your skill level is the slower those points will decay.

Learning how to juggle your skill locks is part of the game.

Your skills will not decay if you do not log into game.

T

turtleface

Juggle them? I should move my locks from skill to skill? Could someone please explain?

G

It just means keep the skills you need.
For example - your goal may be to craft a certain item. You will want to lock the skills required. Or, if you plan on hosting, you may want good cooking skills and maybe serenade. Goals constantly change within the game, so you will want to change your skills to meet these goals. As a general rule of thumb, keep things locked that you know you will always need (a lot of people lock the first 8 creativity, for example, because of serenade.).

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Lock juggling only becomes necessary if you have more skill points than locks.

For example. I have 20 skill locks.

I have 12 pts logic.
I have 12 pts mech.
I have 8 pts creativity.

With 32 total skill points, something is always decaying because I can only lock 20 pts.

I know that skill points decay faster if they are lower than others, so I keep my 8pts of creativity locked.

I locked my 12 pts of logic to use up my total of 20 locks.

That leaves my 12 pts of mech always decaying.

However, if I decide to get more logic points, I unlock those while skilling logic and lock my mech so that it does not decay.

Now I've managed to gain a total of 15pts of logic.

With
15pts of logic
12 pts of mech
and 8 pts of creativity

I lock the mech and creativity because they are lower and decay faster than my logic which is now decaying at a slower rate.

G

This may or may not be helpful, especially since I'm new haha, what I've done is made 3 sims. I've dedicated two skills for each of them and because I currently max out at 20 locks, I cap the two assigned skills off at 10. I find I make decent money on objects and at my sim job. It's also helpful because you never know what money houses will up and running when you play. Between the three of my sims, one of them will always be able to make money. It also helps to shake things up a bit and bring in a little change of scenery.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

This may or may not be helpful, especially since I'm new haha, what I've done is made 3 sims. I've dedicated two skills for each of them and because I currently max out at 20 locks, I cap the two assigned skills off at 10. I find I make decent money on objects and at my sim job. It's also helpful because you never know what money houses will up and running when you play. Between the three of my sims, one of them will always be able to make money. It also helps to shake things up a bit and bring in a little change of scenery.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent job Thermal Stat! I believe alot of our older players have not gotten used to "sim juggling" yet. Maybe some can take lessons from the newbie

I

imported_CherryBomb

Like Gracie said, but I wanted to add a bit. The decay rate depends on the total # of skills you have. If you have 20 skil points locked, skill point #21 does not rot very fast. You get up to 50 or so, and they decay faster.

It also depends on your Sim's mood. If you run them down to one or two green bars, you will start leaking unlocked skills. Or at least this was true the last time I tested, which was a long while ago.

CherryBomb