• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Skill Decay are you kidding?

T

TrustMeInc

Why do you force us to work our skill then decay it. I mean I got 6 players to make I can even finish 1 cause his skill keeps decaying.

What game does anyone play where you work your skill up and it decays. I think this is total crap. I play UO also and if I work my swords to 120 it dosent decay.

I mean we all spend hours in this laggy mess then to have our skill points decay please.

Yes yes I know you get lock but I got to wait 5 years to make one guy any good? As per http://www.tsomania.net/gameguides/skills.php

That is BS.

Sorry I am pissed such a good game to be ruined by this stupid system of decay.

If you work your skill you should keep it period! To get to 20.99 will take several day. To think 5 years based on your chart give me break.

TMI

C

Cruz Cavera

Ummm... If they didn't have skill decay everyone would be maxed and there would be no point for skill houses. Not to mention everyone would be rich because with a max skill you can make some good money. That's why, lol.

I

imported_Qute Pi

I would say the compromise would be to slow the decay down.
Which I believe we've been asking for for awhile.
I personally don't need it because I have 5 years of locks lol, but I do think the decay is too fast.

Even slowing the decay or stopping it during certain times, like at your job, or when doing that specific job item. Maybe dancing on the dance floor, or while skilling any skill would be helpful.

G

Personally, I don't see why anyone needs to skill beyond his or her locks. Even a newbie sim - er, avatar, starts with enough locks to completely max one skill. If you have a goal to max out all of your skills, then more power to you - just don't expect it to be easy. If you're doing it just for the interactions, then simply hang out at a residential lot - you get every interaction there!

For the record, I have three skills up to 11 - only two of them are locked to that level. I find that the decay isn't that bad at all; as long as I pop in at my favorite charm house for a brief top-off every day, I'm fine.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

Personally, I don't see why anyone needs to skill beyond his or her locks. Even a newbie sim - er, avatar, starts with enough locks to completely max one skill. If you have a goal to max out all of your skills, then more power to you - just don't expect it to be easy. If you're doing it just for the interactions, then simply hang out at a residential lot - you get every interaction there!

For the record, I have three skills up to 11 - only two of them are locked to that level. I find that the decay isn't that bad at all; as long as I pop in at my favorite charm house for a brief top-off every day, I'm fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever crafted?
Or wanted to teach?

Edit to add: I think decay is faster the higher you get.

I

icontchooseaname

I think the decay is good at what it is now.

It speeds up as you get more skill points.

T

TrustMeInc

<blockquote><hr>

Ummm... If they didn't have skill decay everyone would be maxed and there would be no point for skill houses. Not to mention everyone would be rich because with a max skill you can make some good money. That's why, lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would still need skill houses. To max out everything even with no skill decay would still take a month. 6 players 6 months. That is a long time. But 5 years? Look at the chart 5 years. Almost 6 years. That is ********.

G

<blockquote><hr>

You would still need skill houses. To max out everything even with no skill decay would still take a month. 6 players 6 months. That is a long time. But 5 years? Look at the chart 5 years. Almost 6 years. That is ********.

[/ QUOTE ]No, it's called future-proofing. What's the point in playing this game when you can accomplish most of your goals inside of a month?

T

TrustMeInc

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]No, it's called future-proofing. What's the point in playing this game when you can accomplish most of your goals inside of a month?

[/ QUOTE ]

You would still have tons of things to do after you got your skilled maxed. Building house more CC stuff if the game is all about skilling kinda pointless. Skilling is boring. Building house making CC fun. Gonna take you a while to build 6 nice houses and do CC. Plus I am sure more stuff to come.

Like Quest to get items?
Maybe they open the Ocean for deep sea fishing or Scuba Diving?
Perhaps some sort of fighting?
Maybe hunting?

It dosen't end with being maxed out skills. Very closed minded to think the game should be all about skilling. You should be able to max out all skill withing 6 months and do other things there is no fun in skilling at all.

I would love to go fishing catch a big one and mount it on my wall.
Now that is nice and fun =)

Or show up dead saying I need a res a Lion ate me. lol

I

imported_MollyG

Not all games should be a case of "instant gratification". Sometimes you value things a tiny bit more if you have to work for them. Consider this game one of those things. Yes it does take time, and some skills have to constantly be replenished. With a bit of time management, it can be comfortably acheived. Besides, if you have too much trouble keeping up with 6 avatars, perhaps it would be best to downsize and concentrate on only one or two so it doesn't take you almost six years.

FYI - the word ******** is offensive. Perhaps while your avatar is skilling you can broaden your horizons with a bit of r/l education.

Just a thought.

I

imported_rpsky3

hitting reply to last post only...

I think the skill decay, in my opinion, should be a bit slower. It is too fast. But not to remove it all together because it would make the game boring after about a months time or so. I personally have 5 years or so of locks on my sim and all the skills are locked fully except for one. I just pop into my favorite charm house and max her out again and again and again lol. But, mind you, it took me 5 years to get here. I did not get it over night or anything. Seems that newbies want what we have that took years of work to get. To get there, you need to take one step at a time.

Enjoy the game!

T

TrustMeInc

<blockquote><hr>

FYI - the word ******** is offensive. Perhaps while your avatar is skilling you can broaden your horizons with a bit of r/l education.

Just a thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to get off topic...

v. tr.
To cause to move or proceed slowly; delay or impede.

v. intr.
To be delayed.

n.

1. A slowing down or hindering of progress; a delay.
2. Music A slackening of tempo.

Per: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/********

Perhaps your smarter then the Dictionary?

Sounds like the right word to use.

G

It depends on how you use the word as to what the intended meaning is. I think you meant something else. That is just my opinion though. Maybe you should have worded it differently. Maybe "That is retarding my sims progress." Something like that, rather than "That is ********."

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Just a thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to get off topic...

v. tr.
To cause to move or proceed slowly; delay or impede.

v. intr.
To be delayed.

n.

1. A slowing down or hindering of progress; a delay.
2. Music A slackening of tempo.

Per: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/********

Perhaps your smarter then the Dictionary?

Sounds like the right word to use.

[/ QUOTE ]That's all well and good, but you used the word as an adjective - and that's what people find offensive.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I've never understood the rush to have all your skills maxed to capacity. With 6 sims, you could actually just max one skill on each as a new player. You start with 20 locks. Even with 20 locks it's not that hard to maintain 40 skill pts on two skills. Skill decay becomes more rapid with the more skills you have. I'd avoid the stress and just concentrate on two skills per sim.

Job tracks do not take more than 20pts to reach top levels. With 6 sims each maxed on one skill, you have a choice of which sim to use on job objects.

Crafting only takes pts in two skills. Most interactions only need one or two skills.

The only reason that I see to have one sim with all skills maxed is if you want to devote your life to teaching others. Teachers benefit from having all skills maxed because the can teach more subjects. I hardly believe being a teacher is worth worrying about all that skill decay.

Why exactly do you want to have all your skills maxed?

S

Sims2

it is your choice rather you want to spend your time skilling if you do not have

a lot of locks. i say decay starts getting bad when you have 1 skill locked maxed

and than i did another skill think decay gets bad when do 3 or more skills

with 2 decay i say is slow if you don't want decay than don't skill past your

locks. bascially for exapmple if i have mech maxed and than work on logic decay

did not seem bad til i started another.

I

imported_MattelMichele

Skilling can be fun at the right skilling lot, find one that has some trivia contests. I personally enjoy topping up at skill lots &amp; use them as my R/L needs greening time.

Decay can be a pain in the-you-know-what, but, gradually over time ya might find an enjoyable skill lot and grow to appreciate that time.

T

TrustMeInc

Ok So for all you new starter who don't wish to keep skilling the same skill over and over and over again for 5-6 years. I suggest.

You have 6 players.

Just work 2 skill to the max on each guy different skill and just top off one.
Two skills max only anything else is a waste of time until you get locks.

That is what I am gonna do. This way I can get on to better thing Pizza, clubbing, and working and not skilling ever other work shift.

2 Skills max everything else is a waste.

People who have skill lock no need to post this is for new players who dont want to spend 5-6 years skilling the same thing.

WE WANT TO ENJOY THE GAME!

G

I like to have skill under my belt but I don't have that many locks (say 20). What I do is skill 8 for creativity for the main purpose of serenading. Lock it up. Then I do another skill, let's say Logic. I do this until I hit 12. That takes care of all my locks. Then I choose a skill to max out, let's say cooking. I max cooking. At this point I know that cooking will be the 1st one to start to decay. I am fine with that. Now i'll start skilllogic again. Remember this one is locked at 12 and I know that decay with happen with cooking. So i'll skill Logic til about 18 (for crafting purposes). I Depending on how much i decayed in cooking I may pick another skill to do or bring cooking back up. And so on and so forth.

What I noticed was that even though Logic was above the lock that it did not decay on cooking. So I figure that you can keep skilling as much as you want and not have to worry about locks. The way I saw it was that <u>only</u> the skill with the most points started to decay. While the others with less skill were not touched.

Please correct me if i'm wrong or just flat out tell me that i'm wasting my time.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

Why do you force us to work our skill then decay it. I mean I got 6 players to make I can even finish 1 cause his skill keeps decaying.

What game does anyone play where you work your skill up and it decays. I think this is total crap. I play UO also and if I work my swords to 120 it dosent decay.

I mean we all spend hours in this laggy mess then to have our skill points decay please.

Yes yes I know you get lock but I got to wait 5 years to make one guy any good? As per http://www.tsomania.net/gameguides/skills.php

That is BS.

Sorry I am pissed such a good game to be ruined by this stupid system of decay.

If you work your skill you should keep it period! To get to 20.99 will take several day. To think 5 years based on your chart give me break.

TMI

[/ QUOTE ]

Since Ea Land I dont know if its me but while i'm skilling it seems that my other skills that are not lock decay as almost as fast. I think it stinks when you have more that one skill decaying too. I think they should allow the decay but it should be regulated at a slower speed. It does get real frustrating becasue there are not an over abundance of money houses open and I try to stay skilled on cooking and creativity. Since the merge it's not that much of an issue since those avatars have the locks but for the ones who don't, it just makes it almost useless to try and make any kind of money.

T

TrustMeInc

<blockquote><hr>

I like to have skill under my belt but I don't have that many locks (say 20). What I do is skill 8 for creativity for the main purpose of serenading. Lock it up. Then I do another skill, let's say Logic. I do this until I hit 12. That takes care of all my locks. Then I choose a skill to max out, let's say cooking. I max cooking. At this point I know that cooking will be the 1st one to start to decay. I am fine with that. Now i'll start skilllogic again. Remember this one is locked at 12 and I know that decay with happen with cooking. So i'll skill Logic til about 18 (for crafting purposes). I Depending on how much i decayed in cooking I may pick another skill to do or bring cooking back up. And so on and so forth.

What I noticed was that even though Logic was above the lock that it did not decay on cooking. So I figure that you can keep skilling as much as you want and not have to worry about locks. The way I saw it was that <u>only</u> the skill with the most points started to decay. While the others with less skill were not touched.

Please correct me if i'm wrong or just flat out tell me that i'm wasting my time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are and I will tell you why. Let say you want to work at the Bot factory with that guy. Well with no Mech your not gonna get promoted.

So why have logic? Without Mech?

Your better off working Mech and Logic up and make that your BOT guy.

What Job can you get with that guy none.

Waitress requires 10 Creative
Bot Factory: 10 Logic &amp; 10 Mech
DJ Job: 10 Creative
Dancer: 10 Body

As per http://www.tsomania.net/

So if you only have 20 lock max out two skills anything else a waste. Skills decay is too fast to try and keep your skills up.

Also you need max skill to make good money doing Coding, Painting, Pizza, Gnomes Pinata whatever money house you go to.... =o)

G

<blockquote><hr>

...Bot Factory: 10 Logic &amp; 10 Mech...

[/ QUOTE ]Actually, that site says it is Logic *or* Mech.....

Just keeping the record straight....

T

TrustMeInc

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

...Bot Factory: 10 Logic &amp; 10 Mech...

[/ QUOTE ]Actually, that site says it is Logic *or* Mech.....

Just keeping the record straight....

[/ QUOTE ]

K try and go to top levels with no logic or
mech see how that works out for ya lol.

They demote you and you have a hard time diagnosing stuff.

G

i believe skill decay is good ,, just needs to be a lot slower lol so i dont have to skill every day..