• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sixth Trade Caravan on thursday 26 *edited*

P

Paidric

Hello fellow Britannians,

Here comes the time again of the Trade Caravan. After we successfully reached the town of Cove, the caravan we'll depart from Cove to reach Minoc (Not vesper!)!

Note that as the road doesn't reach Cove, we'll be following the forest edge to the road to the north.
Attention! There is a schedule change!

Here is the planned route : *EDITED MAP*

Everyone is welcome to join us and help us defend our prized possessions in the dangerous trip.
The caravan will depart the coming Thursday, enlist yourself!

We count on you!

Paidric of New Haven.

--------------------------------

This event is intended for all players who want to experience some PvP in a fun and different way. We encourage every player to join us.
Bring your blessed armor and weapons if you fear the insurance cost! Or just buy some GM made armor/weapons.

You can find all details about the concept of the event here :
Trade Caravan Concept Page

Schedule and organisation
  • The Caravan will depart on Thursday 26 of June at 7:40PM UK Time (8:40PM CET - 2:40PM EST).
  • The meeting point is the zone near the doors of Cove.
  • Gates will be provided from Luna Hall from 7:20PM until 7:50PM (the caravan will be on the road already).
  • Eight people will be carrying items for the Caravan, those will be engraved valorite Viking Swords carried inside the main backpack of the caravanees.
  • The goal of the guards is to reach our destination with as much of those items as possible.
  • The Caravan will be led by N'athuk of [HLP] (though we expect him to die quite a few times being in front). There will be other caravan leaders to help keep some structure.

Remarks
  • Please try to follow the leaders instructions as to when to advance/stop so we can keep some structure.
  • Please stay grouped and follow your closest leader (we are in bright orange)
  • We encourage everyone to show some fairplay and avoid ress-killing, looting, griefing, etc. The goal of this event is to bring more people to friendly PvP. If you like action, promote the event rather than ruin it!

We hope to see many of you.

Paidric

---------------------------------------

>>>> EVENT REPORT <<<<

Have a good read!

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, exciting!

I just heard of Scrumpy Jack that he prepared a new song to be premiered before the caravan leaves. He rambled something about it "being something about those red buggers". Well, I am sure it will entertain somebody ... *grins*

P

Paidric

As I am a bit overworked... I did post the wrong map... sorry for that!

*edit* realised I thought Minoc and typed Vesper...

C

Calliope

As a member of one of the roleplaying guilds who attended, let me say that the first three or four caravans were a blast! However, in the last couple certain reds were indeed dry-looting us (last time a certain red - I name no name although I could - even took a fishing rod and ale bottles!).

It would be a pity if we could no longer take part in these. but the looting is getting frustrating. May I make a plea that at least our bandages are left to us? We are not allowed other forms of healing - chivalry, bushido, magery etc, - so if our bandies are looted we are out of the fight. By the way, respect to the ninja red who abandoned his attack when he saw me going to the healer in Bucc's Den to buy more bandies.

B

Birdseye

It would be a pity if we could no longer take part in these. but the looting is getting frustrating. May I make a plea that at least our bandages are left to us?
As you are aware i have made constant requests for the dry looting to stop (we are not at yew gate), but i have to say, that the dry looting is happening on both sides. Several of my guild and allies were dry looted in the extremely early stages of the Caravan, and as such had to leave the event as well. It's even worse for us, as we can't buy anything on a red, nor are many blues (apart from the occassional SRC & HLP), willing to res a Red.

But t'would be a real shame if you guys had to bow out of the events, because you get the uptmost respect from our guild. To play in the way you guys do, with the contraints you mention, just goes to show that, you don't need the gear that we see as bare neccessities.

Respect, to you all RP guys.:thumbup1:

P

Paidric

Hello everyone,

I posted the report of the event and updated the top post with a link to it. Sorry for the delay but I've been very busy lately and barely play lately.

Regarding the above comments, I have to agree that in the last two caravans we had some problems with ill behaving reds. But on the good side, it is only 1 or 2 reds on the many that joined all the events.
I count on everyone in the PvP guilds to try and educate the less gifted ones. If they don't realize they kill their own fun, then it's just sad, cause they'll be alone in the end.

However, I encourage all the Trammel and Felucca players to keep building a common spirit and playing together. If the Devs won't do anything to bring back both facets together, then let's do it on our own.
I think a bit of PvP is good for health and keeps the boredom away. Plus it teaches you nice tricks on staying alive! :gun:

I'm far from being a top PvPer, but I do more damages now! Well... sometimes :gee:

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello everyone,

I posted the report of the event and updated the top post with a link to it. Sorry for the delay but I've been very busy lately and barely play lately.

Regarding the above comments, I have to agree that in the last two caravans we had some problems with ill behaving reds. But on the good side, it is only 1 or 2 reds on the many that joined all the events.
I count on everyone in the PvP guilds to try and educate the less gifted ones. If they don't realize they kill their own fun, then it's just sad, cause they'll be alone in the end.

However, I encourage all the Trammel and Felucca players to keep building a common spirit and playing together. If the Devs won't do anything to bring back both facets together, then let's do it on our own.
I think a bit of PvP is good for health and keeps the boredom away. Plus it teaches you nice tricks on staying alive! :gun:

I'm far from being a top PvPer, but I do more damages now! Well... sometimes :gee:
It has to be said i (Draco) will only loot other body's onlyif i am dry looted and i need some bandies to stay alive. Hell i even forget looting the swords if i am fully stocked i get so carried away with the action i forget to loot corpses.)

But yeah its great fun and its good to see both facets playing together and letting the trammel lots see were not as bad as were made out to be (well im not but that birdseye hes a reall hard nut to crack)

Any how keep up the good reporting that was a nicely put together report Paidric. I wasnt there this time :sad2: but i wont miss it then next time :gun:

B

Birdseye

I've tried my best to stop the dry looting, but we have got some real idiots spoiling it on both sides.:coco:

I will how-ever endevour to try and stop the rot, and get my red companions to grow up. But it is hard when they themselves do get dry looted. And i am talking senior ranking members of my guild who know how to carry their gear (20 of each pot, in stacks of 3 max). Only scripting can loot these chars in such a small space of time. That is also why some blues claim to be dry looted. We expect to find over 20 stacks of pots/bandies etc, on corpses. But because alot of guys carry all their pots and bandies in single stack the reds will not take time out and go "oh, there 20 'G'heals there, i'll put 16 back". They will pick up the complete stack (bit of advice for the next visit to Fel for you guys).:scholar:

Having said the above, i'm sure that both sides can start and sort it out (even if screen shots are to be used to shame the bastards).:blushing:

But due to the current downturn in blue participation,and the obvious inbalance of the red invasion, could i take this opportunity to ask either [w], [uch], or [FEW] to come along and balance things out abit please?:bowdown:

Please do not take this as a 'slagging off, you're a bluebee guild', because as most of your members know i am far from 'leet', and i know it. But i just want this fantastic event (created by the hard work of HLP), to be an ongoing success. And i feel that if any of the above guilds turned up with only 1/2 dozen of their 'hard core' blues, every caravan so far, would have lasted for at least another hour. (Again, that is not putting down the efforts, of all who have participated so far, just want more pvp on a larger scale).:gun:

P.S. If anyone is losing excessive gold on ins.(and can not afford this sort of loss) please contact me, and i will gladly give you a few 10k ins money back if i believe you are genuine. (that offer does not go to you Draco, or anyone else who owns a castle!).:hahaha:

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Aye, the looting sure sucks. I died a couple of times during this last event and 2 or 3 times all of my bandages were looted. 100+ each time. I will take your advise and keep stacks of 20 in the future so if any red needs aids he can take a stack of 20 and leave me with some.

Well, anyway, what happens when I´m out of bandages is that I (and probably others) are forced to either go to the house or the nearest town and get some more and then recall back to the nearest place and run and look for the other people which takes time and forces a player out of the event during that time. After all, we´re all there to enjoy the event and not to run back and forth to re-equip.

Don´t worry though, this is one player that won´t be discouraged by this and will keep attend these great caravans. It´s just a little annoying...

Oh well, c ya all at the next one... :)

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm ... I never thought about dividing my bandies into smaller stacks to prevent dry-looting. Very good hint, I will keep it in mind.

Something about the members of the SRC: we do not carry weapons for the caravans or any other means to fight. We are wearing virtue armour and our uniform and carry only bandies and maybe a few regs for gating. So there isn't really that much to loot and we won't really engage in PvP for lack of equipment, skill and interest. Our main strategy to survive is running away if we can *grins*. So killing us for loot is a bit pointless. If you need bandies just ask, we hand them out to everybody who wants them! We go grey from healing and ressing blues and reds alike. We don't mind dieing but appreciate not being killed while ressing somebody.

There is no need for either blue, grey or red to run from us. If you need healing or a res, just find your nearest member of the SRC.

We are no angels, but when we are wearing our white robe and cloak and the red half-apron we will not attack anybody but are simply around to help no matter who needs a bit of tlc. We never report murders.

One last thing: we would really, really appreciate it if people won't loot our robes and cloaks. Not only because we find it embarrassing to run around in our undies, but mostly because of our stocks of pure white cloth running low. So please be kind *grins sheepishly*

B

Birdseye

we won't really engage in PvP
Now come on mate, we both know that this statement is not entirely true, and although the post in which you admitted 'losing it' and attacking, is lost on the old stractics, i clearly remember being attacked (think it was Brit to Trinsic) by one of you guys, and this was clarified in one of your posts!:scholar:

Having said that, you guys do a fantastic job, and i did puta shout out over vent for none of the reds to kill any SRC guildies, and to go to them for rez's as you are one of only a handful that do actively res the the reds. I think the main problem is that for me, i don't take time out to look at the char, or his name etc.. i only see a blue bar and attack it!:gun:

Brockis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a member of one of the roleplaying guilds who attended, let me say that the first three or four caravans were a blast! However, in the last couple certain reds were indeed dry-looting us (last time a certain red - I name no name although I could - even took a fishing rod and ale bottles!).

Yeah it is just proof that some players use scripts to loot...the script will loot everything. it might just be a habit to press that script button whilst killing =(

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes i was dry looted that night and Rez killed about 17 times trying to get back to my corpse and such. And the thing that just topped it all off was people was looting RP items off of my corpse just for the fact of griefing, such as my keyring. I don't want to attend in future if its going to be like that again, and i don't want to put the rest of Vesper through it either. If i wanted to be dry looted and RK'd all the time i'd make a fel char and go to Yew gate or go on Test Center.

A

Asmodai

lol at you trammies. if you dont want stuff looted then dont take it. its a f'ing keyring for gods sake. who cares.

if you wanna know who took it escaflowne, look no further.

you all sicken me complaining that items get taken. dont take it to fel. you all want this game to be as easy as it could possibly be for you. its felluca for gods sake!

as for script looting, you clearly have no idea mate. not one person i know uses a script to loot in felluca. yes, they do just take stuff to annoy you. GUTTED.

P

Paidric

yes, they do just take stuff to annoy you.
Very sad attitude really, they just ruin the fun for themselves in the long run. It just shows how immature some people are. :lame:

It won't keep me off fel though. Cause I don't mind a few idiots (or even many). I like to play with the more mature people like the [Pact] and [Men] lot, I had a lot of fun with you guys!

I just hope more PvP guilds will join us to make it a bigger and enjoyable event. :thumbup1:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
umm

Can we have a little more attention to the RoC in here please? Personal attacks, ie name calling, isn't allowed.

Some posts have been removed.