• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sittig here waiting for server up reminded me of something

shadowspirit

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if anyone else misses it but I use to love Server Wars Reds vs Blues all sitting at the Brit Graveyard waiting for server down and then wage war for hours till server finally went offline that was some of the best times

shadowspirit

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
server down is too short now ,, use too take hours from the time you got the server down msg till the server actually went offline, now its a matter of a few mins from the time you get msg till server is offline so that be a very short war lol

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if anyone else misses it but I use to love Server Wars Reds vs Blues all sitting at the Brit Graveyard waiting for server down and then wage war for hours till server finally went offline that was some of the best times
I can't honestly say that I miss that, but I do remember it. It used to annoy me that I would forget and lose two hours worth of work.

D

Drive

Yeah, no game i've played since has effected my sleep cycle as much as UO did. As you said the server fights, but the biggest reason for blood shot eyes for me was the fruit basket that appeared at server up.
I managed to nab one after many late nights, only for some friends that i'd introduced to UO to eat it, they even had the audacity to put a bunch of banana's in the empty basket... it's funny now, but at the time i was not a happy bunny!

Lord Clay Of Aquinas

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahhh the battle in the morning for daily rares. Rocks, Buckets, Fruit Baskets. I spent many o mornings waking up early to try to snag those as quickly as possible.

But the real thing that murdered me, was IDOC Haunting. Staying up ALLLLLLL night long waiting for a house to fall just to loot it. Then getting up bright and early to wait for it to fall if it hadn't already.

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Drive: perhaps the bananas were a peace offering. :) I can only imagine how aggravated you were at the time.

I remember how proud I was when I could finally afford to buy a tent! It was the first one south of the south Moonglow gate. I had a spell book/scroll vendor there. I could have a chair to sit on when I was there working but had to store it in a chest when I left as there was no way to lock things down. I think one time, someone stole it while I was sitting on it.

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What ever happened to the Fred vs Bob wars? We used to go to other shards and create newbie characters named either Fred or Bob... then go to the crossroads between Skara Brae, Yew, and Brit... and have battles using nothing but newbie gear... it was fun as heck. After the battle we would go as a gang and gank critizens... that was funny as hell seeing 40 to 50 newbies attacking a Red or Blue.... hehehe...