• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Single Person Guildstone

• Thread starter Rand al'Thor DR
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
R

Rand al'Thor DR

Is it still possible to have a guild on only one account? We used to be able to add or delete guildmembers from the guildstone. But the new way the guilds work it looks like you need another account to add characters to your guild.

Is there a way around this?

I used to belong to a large UO guild, but now I am the only one left. I want to keep the guild running for memories sake, or on the change guild members may return. But now I can't add my 7th character slots to the guild.

Do I have to find another person to help me add them?

Thank you for any help.

G

No its not possible. what you need to do is find a friend to help you. or open a free 15 day trial (if you do not have a 2nd account). use winxp to dual client to guild your characters.

G

yeah please explain, i would love to be able to run to accounts at the same time for doing similar things like trading golems between accounts.

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Windows XP.

Use fast user switching. I do it all the time and it's legal.

Press the windows key (next to ALT) and hit L.

Windows key "L"

You need to have set up at least two user accounts on your system. This will allow you to run two clients simultaneously on one system. Of course, you need two accounts.

I use it to trade pets between accounts, co-own my houses, rez my own pets, etc.

Very handy.

I don't know of any other legal way to do this without Win XP. I don't believe there is one.

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To clarify: sorry I should be asleep............

Open one client on one account. Hit windows key (while holding it down) and L

Log onto the other windows account.

Open the client up in that account.

Walla, two clients running on two accounts on same computer. Transfer pet, add guild, co-own house...switch back to the other account, and accept trade/guild invite or do whatever it is your trying to do.

G

Indeed it's a tad slow but it works great. I use it for pet and house transfers, pet rezes, sometimes I use it to rescue my own characters who've gotten in over their heads... if you use UO Assist though the second instance of windows will have to log into UO without it..... as it will not run on both windows versions. Another thing I've found is I can't use Ventrillo or icq in both clients. But that's fine..... I only use two as stated above so I'm not on it for more than a couple minutes at best.

G

You can also have two clients open at the same time if you have KR. Start KR, then start UO2d. You can't use UOAssist to start UO2d tho. This is quite handy since you can have both clients on the same screen if necessary but it will cause lag so don't use it to hunt. I've rezzed pets from one account for the other and have even traded houses this way.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I find that it taxes my system too much (at least for my taste) to run 2 users, and 2 clients. The lag it creates just annoys me too much, but it works quite well if you don't have the luxury of having 2 computers with UO installed on them.