• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Single Money Object Daily Payouts

• Thread starter grumbunny
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

grumbunny

I think it would be helpful for ppl to know what objects are paying the most, I wish there was a schedule or posting about it. Since there isn't I did my own testing. I had one sim use each money object by herself- no one else helping earn $. And each sim had zero skill on that item. I consider this to be the "base" pay. I am going to list today's results below, if anyone finds that this list does not apply when you have higher skills please let me know.

Feb 2 2008:
Chalkboards: $5
Easels: $3
Gnomes: $10
Jams: $5
Pinatas: $5
Potions: $8
Telephones: $6
Typewriters: $5

Chloe Myst/ Jeanette Myst in EA Land

G

<blockquote><hr>

I think it would be helpful for ppl to know what objects are paying the most, I wish there was a schedule or posting about it. Since there isn't I did my own testing. I had one sim use each money object by herself- no one else helping earn $. And each sim had zero skill on that item. I consider this to be the "base" pay. I am going to list today's results below, if anyone finds that this list does not apply when you have higher skills please let me know.

Feb 2 2008:

[/ QUOTE ]

I got gnomes as the high paying single object today, as well.

I

imported_Spaghetti Legs

This is very useful information! Thanks for letting us know the results.

F

festrmentmagnet

I think the point is:
Us not knowing what is paying the most. That way they can change it, and we won't all go running to the object that is paying the most.

G

The bad part about it, is that it will be totally spontaneous how often things change...it won't be just once a day necessarily, or gnomes pay more on Monday, jams on Tuesday etc. etc. I feel really bad for those with less than 100 skill locks, because getting skills to cover the contingencies means if you want skill in all the skills and only want to skill up to your locks then you have to get 3 points in every skill so you will get slightly better than bupkiss even with max payout going on, which won't work for those who play pizza since the best pizza teams refuse to play with anyone that has less than 10, and usually less than 15 in the really elite ones, in the position that you want to play on the table. So I'm not sure what the best plan is for those that have the starting amount of locks, until locks are given based on account age.....once that happens then only those with brand new accounts will be in that boat. I've not been able to get into EA Land *yet*.....has anybody heard when/if this will be changed to distribute locks based on entitlement days rather than age of sims?

G

grumbunny

I see your point but that's what happens anyway. I'd rather know if it's worth my time to open my house full of gnomes or if everyone will be doing pinatas that day. I don't like to go ask at other money houses- seems impolite when I own my own money house.
The info flies around town pretty fast and if payouts change daily you can usually find someplace to make that money. If it changes hourly we'll see everyone back to easels and typing because it's not worth their time to try and find the highest paying item if it's just going to change anyway.
Also, why do payouts continually change on single money but there have been no changes on pizza? Pizza prices are not fluctuating at all and it's murdering the pizza houses. I see a few places doing pinatas and potions now but easels and typing still have a stranglehold on the money house category.
I just want information so I can run my business- if EA won't provide it then it's up to me (us) to collect it.

*getting off my soapbox now*

CM

G

<blockquote><hr>

I see your point but that's what happens anyway. I'd rather know if it's worth my time to open my house full of gnomes or if everyone will be doing pinatas that day. I don't like to go ask at other money houses- seems impolite when I own my own money house.
The info flies around town pretty fast and if payouts change daily you can usually find someplace to make that money. If it changes hourly we'll see everyone back to easels and typing because it's not worth their time to try and find the highest paying item if it's just going to change anyway.
Also, why do payouts continually change on single money but there have been no changes on pizza? Pizza prices are not fluctuating at all and it's murdering the pizza houses. I see a few places doing pinatas and potions now but easels and typing still have a stranglehold on the money house category.
I just want information so I can run my business- if EA won't provide it then it's up to me (us) to collect it.

*getting off my soapbox now*

CM

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just it though, we can collect it, and record it, but there's not going to be any rhythm to it to predict future fluctuations, which is what I think the relevance of gathering the data would be. It's interesting just for the sake of curiosity to see what paid the most when, but it's not gonna help people know or be able to make an educated guess on what's gonna happen next week, tomorrow or in the next 2 hours.

I think the best plan for money houses is one that I mentioned the other day....to have some of each money object out on the lot. Obviously you can't have enough for everybody on the lot to do the same thing without putting some things in your inventory, but if you have a staff of roomies they can have things in their inventories too, and within a few weeks of making money you can have 25 or whatever of each money object, so that if you see object payout going down in one area you can switch items on your own lot to test what the new 'high payout' item is. When you figure out what that is you can leave those objects out until you start seeing the payouts drop again....rinse and repeat. It makes for a more intense environment, but it's also put some unpredictability and suspense into moneymaking, and the one thing we've all complained about almost as long as I can remember is that making money was almost as boring as skilling, and only just that bit more interesting because people talk a little while they are doing the single job objects.

As for why it's not affecting pizza, I don't know why that'd be....multi-job objects were supposed to fluctuate just like the singles did. Is anyone else noticing this not happening, the fluctuation I mean? If its true then it needs to be reported on the new bug boards on the Wiki.

G

grumbunny

A small pizza has been $8 since the last big cut. No changes. And I see the "collect 25 of every object" strategy as another way to penalize new houses and keep them from succeeding- also a long standing problem in tso

G

<blockquote><hr>

A small pizza has been $8 since the last big cut. No changes. And I see the "collect 25 of every object" strategy as another way to penalize new houses and keep them from succeeding- also a long standing problem in tso

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would that penalize new houses? If a potential new house owner wanted to start things not behind the 8 ball, they could just wait until they and there roomies already have the 25 objects collected and then open their doors....and as soon as they open their doors they're the same as everybody else. Right now in EA Land everybody's a newbie, in that everybody is basically broke....nobody has millions of simoleans while others have 0. The only people that have more money than everybody else is those that got in EA Land from day 1 by creating a new sim there, but that's a choice everybody had, and if they didn't choose to do it that's still not an unfair advantage.....it might be a penalty but its one that they knew they were accepting when they chose not to create a sim in EA Land until they could get one of their established sims there. We were all told we could safely create one and not have to worry about losing any of the ones we had coming from merges, even if all 3 slots from the production cities were filled. Therefore the only people who are truly at a disadvantage that wasn't self-imposed is those that have been kept out of EA Land by the recent and/or current bug that has blocked some players, but that's not the fault of the players so I don't think it's reasonable for those of us, including myself, that have been locked out, to expect them to slow down their progress so we can catch up.

I see it as the same advantage that anybody that can play more hours a day than I can play has over me, or the advantage I have over the poor guy/girl that works 12 hours a day 5 days a week and can only play on weekends. If they ever asked the (collective) rest of us to slow down our progress so they could catch up, I shudder to think what the response would be LOL. They might wish they could, but they don't do it

G

grumbunny

This was so not the point of my thread- so let's just drop it. We can argue till the end of sims and not agree lol. My experiment was done to see if others noticed that (for example) gnomes are paying higher than other objects at the same, higher, skill levels. I'd like to know if the payouts increase uniformly as the skill level increases.
I apologize for going off on a tangent.

M

mysticlisa516

I had asked this question in Town Hall about single objects having different payouts whenever devs decided that they wanted change them. It was said that it was based on supply and demand and they needed to switch things up.

Well IMO supply and demand is for the real world, and it is posted in paper or internet what the prices are. But, that is what I am escaping when I come to play Sims Online. When in the hell was it decided that Sims Online should emulate the real world. This is a reason many of us play, is to escape, and all the devs are doing is making a supposedly fun game stressful.

And yes, people were flocking to typing for the best payout, but once older sims come to EA everything would even out because they had locks on skills that they preferred to have. EA devs didn't let things go at a natural pace before putting their fingers in and stirring the so called pot.

G

<blockquote><hr>

This was so not the point of my thread- so let's just drop it. We can argue till the end of sims and not agree lol. My experiment was done to see if others noticed that (for example) gnomes are paying higher than other objects at the same, higher, skill levels. I'd like to know if the payouts increase uniformly as the skill level increases.
I apologize for going off on a tangent.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I misunderstood the point of the experiment then....I apologize
. Certain money objects in the past have always paid more than others, IIRC, like jams were the 'hot' item that seemed to make the most money there for a while, even before the fluctuating economy, while others paid less and therefore were less used. Group money objects too, which is why the CBU (code) machine became so under and/or unused. It would have been great if they had made all the skill objects pay equally at equal skill levels, because then we wouldn't have seen 10 jam houses to every gnome house, or 10 pizza houses to every Code house. Code was cut during the final days of beta and the early days of release, and it has really never made a total comeback, although some people have tried hard to restore the interest in it, players just were more interested with how much the object paid out than how much more fun it was to watch the interactions, and play the game interactively than pizza or maze. That's bound to change some in EA Land because of the flux payouts, there hopefully won't be 'overused' objects like we have had, but just not for the reasons people hoped they would all be used for, which was the one you stated, equal payouts across the board.

Actually I think there was a chart in the New Player guides section on which items paid what amount of money.....I'll have to see if I can dig up the link so you can see if you hadn't seen it already. It might help satisfy some of your curiosity of how things used to be, even though that's not how they're gonna be now......I'll edit this post if I can find it

G

<blockquote><hr>

I had asked this question in Town Hall about single objects having different payouts whenever devs decided that they wanted change them. It was said that it was based on supply and demand and they needed to switch things up.

Well IMO supply and demand is for the real world, and it is posted in paper or internet what the prices are. But, that is what I am escaping when I come to play Sims Online. When in the hell was it decided that Sims Online should emulate the real world. This is a reason many of us play, is to escape, and all the devs are doing is making a supposedly fun game stressful.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Sims Online by very nature is a life simulation game....it is the only game where the characters have all the real life needs of humans....eating, sleeping, going to the potty, having fun, and taking showers. Some other games you have to feed your character, but that's it, and most games don't even have that. Because of that, I do think it's natural that RL elements are paralled to SL. How big a part RL should play has been a debate here on the boards off and on for a long time, and probably always will be a difference of opinion. I don't think alot of people play to 'escape' real life so to speak, but to use as an avenue to meet other people....people that they'll for the most part never get a chance to meet in RL, and probably never would have talked to at all if not for the game. RL romances and even marriages have even blossomed from playing the game. I'm sure those people don't mind at least a little bit of RL being mixed in with the game

And there was no room for the game to have a natural progression, or at least I for one am glad that they didn't, because that natural progression would have been the END of the game entirely. No old game, no new game.....no game at all. We're basically being faced with a new game now, but if the option is a new game or no game at all and those are the only two choices, I gotta say that a new game is, at the very LEAST, the lesser of two evils, and I'm sure any of the other sim-fanatics would agree.....a point proven by the withdrawl-symptom-like posts we have every time there is a down time of longer than normal maintenance in the morning. Imagine the twitching and headaches and wretching that would be going on if nobody could play their game ever again? I sure don't want to imagine it....blech. Yep, change is hard, but change in this instance is definitely prefferable to that.

M

mysticlisa516

Well if payouts are gonna be like rl, then act like the rl. Post your prices. I'm sure that you would not accept this behavior in rl. So, is it suppose to emulate rl or not. If it is, do what is expected in rl. Put your prices in black and white where everyone can see them.

N

niwa

off topid but you guys type way too much. id love to read it but daaaamn.

p.s- im making 209 on Gnomes today:))

G

<blockquote><hr>

off topid but you guys type way too much. id love to read it but daaaamn.

p.s- im making 209 on Gnomes today:))

[/ QUOTE ]

x

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well if payouts are gonna be like rl, then act like the rl. Post your prices. I'm sure that you would not accept this behavior in rl. So, is it suppose to emulate rl or not. If it is, do what is expected in rl. Put your prices in black and white where everyone can see them.

[/ QUOTE ]

The job tracks do emulate RL if I'm not mistaken....someone that works job tracks more than I could correct me if I am wrong. Have the payouts per shift in a job tracked differed greatly from sim day to sim day? If not, then there's your life emulation.

Think of the single objects like owning your own business. Don't know if you have or not, but those who have know that your income is more often times than not unpredictable for that business as the owner. You have to make it steady for your employees if you have them, and then you take your salary from whatever is left over in the profits. So yeah, if you think about it that way, it is very similar, which isn't much of a reach.....we're making an 'object' and selling it for simoleans.....which is what people who make crafted goods and sell them to the public do. Those who need/want a steady income go work for someone else so they can have that stability......so if the steady, predictable income is what you seek then the job tracks might be more your style than the single or multi-player job objects. I'm actually hearing that the job tracks are starting to pay more in line with everything else like they should have all along, which means more people could be working them, and the ones working them won't get so bored from working them alone the way those of us that worked the job tracks just to have somethign to do and not for the money did in the production cities. If playing a game alone is what we wanted, we'd be playing offline sims with more options of things to do and varied content, I'm sure

G

I saw a gnome only lot with 30 people today. Talk about bringing back the memories.

Now I'm on my way to skill up on mech.

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

<blockquote><hr>

I saw a gnome only lot with 30 people today. Talk about bringing back the memories.

Now I'm on my way to skill up on mech.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. I haven't seen a gnome-exclusive lot in over 3 years.

I do like the fact that the items fluctuate nowadays, but I would like a chart, personally. I want fluctuation, not limbo-land. I think it'd be nice to know what items are paying out which amounts without seeming rude and popping out of each money-specific house.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Feb 2 2008:

[/ QUOTE ]

Those prices should increase both with higher skills and the number of other sims participating on the same money object.

I think perhaps one of the reason that it isn't going to be announced is to allow for some levels of unpredictability and to keep things interesting.

On the blog Luc said:

<blockquote><hr>

I hope you enjoyed the 200% skilling earlier today. Some of those events will be announced, others will not

[/ QUOTE ]

For a long time people have been saying that the game is boring, with an element of unpredictability, then it should keep us all on our toes and no longer be stagnant and boring.

In an ideal world there would be enough money lots speciailising in single money objects so that people can skip to whichever is paying the most today. Knowing that payouts will change often means that money lot owners specialising in something may not be very busy today, but will be inundated with visitors later in the week when their kind of object is paying out the most.

Polly

edited to add:

Found this on the EA-Land website:

<blockquote><hr>

In EA-Land the game can change within a few minutes, while in TSO the game stayed unchanged for years.

[/ QUOTE ]

G

Interesting quote in post from Luc on tso-e:

"Next week, the first skinnable objects will be in game (alex fixed them) and leverage the content in a new way.

Then the scriptable objects will start to appear, and those will let you build games inside the game.

This does not mean that the payout for the skill objects will continue to decrease. They are very low at the moment because of the war against the bots. I believe our latest weapon will be in place this week, and if that is the case, I will be able to raise the payouts again."

The low payouts have been awful, but hey, if helps eliminate the bots for a while (they will always be back in some way), then I'll suck it up a little longer!

It's going to be an interesting ride in EAL for a while!

I

imported_Spaghetti Legs

<blockquote><hr>

It's going to be an interesting ride in EAL for a while!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully for a good, long while!