• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Since when Remove Trap unhides self ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was my understanding that the use of Remove Trap could be performed while hidden.

Yet, I have tried the skill while hidden (only 32 skill...) but it unhides me. Did anything change ? When ?

Or does one perhaps need to reach GM Remove Trap skill in order to be able to remove traps while hidden ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, searching for info on this skill I found a post dated 2008 which clearly states that the one advantage of remove trap over using telekinesis (perhaps the only advantage as of now ?) is the ability to stay hidden while removing a trap while telekinesis unhides the caster. Considering that Remove Trap requires an additional investment in skill points it kinda makes sense to me that it would not unhide the trap remover.....

So, in these 6 years between 2008 and now there must have been a publish which changed something for this skill or perhaps it is just a bug ? Perhaps the skill is supposed to let the trap remover hidden (unless of course one fails and thus the trap gets triggered) but because of a bug it currently is not working as intended and is revealing the hidden trap remover ?