• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Since when animal lore doesn't raise during passive use by veternary or mastery?

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
While ressing a pet or using taming mastery animal lore should be checked also and raised sometimes.
But i definitively hasn't a skill gain during using masteries or veternary in the last months. Or is it very seldom now?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You should at least get you GGS from it every day and the higher your lore the more heals you need to do so if you are using a Cu then it may take a long while to get a 2nd lore from healing.

AntyvasII

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thanks to a soulstone accident, I've had to re-raise my Lore. What I've been doing is putting Taming onto a stone, then going and trying to tame sheep. Can usually get a full point every 20 minutes (at 96 now).

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While ressing a pet or using taming mastery animal lore should be checked also and raised sometimes.
But i definitively hasn't a skill gain during using masteries or veternary in the last months. Or is it very seldom now?
The Taming Mastery will raise Taming, but it does not raise Lore. Lore is gained by Vet, Rez, Taming, and using the Lore skill.

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks to a soulstone accident, I've had to re-raise my Lore. What I've been doing is putting Taming onto a stone, then going and trying to tame sheep. Can usually get a full point every 20 minutes (at 96 now).
If you want to raise animal lore easy just use the classic client and make a macro to lore your animal over and over...I put a rock on keyboard lol... The only time I just the cc is for training some skills.....

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My experience was that Lore gains from masteries were possible, but MUCH farther between than Taming, and stopped much earlier than taming gains (which went all the way to 120). IIRC, my character stopped getting Lore gains from masteries before it got to 110 real Lore. I was still getting Lore gains from vet up to where I locked the skill (over 110, with the rest to 120 from equipment)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Update: one of my characters is gaining from about 108 towards 120.

Lore gains seem to dry up from use of the cumulative upkeep Mastery side (the one you can trigger on and off as long as you have mana) as you get close to 110, but you can still get Lore gains from the Whispering (which you can only use every 30 minutes at level 3 mastery) up to 120.