• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Simple Faction Fix - Their plan will kill it for sure

S

Scratch

The new faction names suck
The new faction bases suck even more
The whole concept they have come up with will ultimately kill factions

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Anyone in factions should be attackable anywhere on any facet. You want the bonus of faction gear and other ammenities, you should be required to take the risk as well.

2. Factions should be treated as guilds and if you join a faction you are in same faction guild as everyone else. Faction chat should be implemented as guild, party, alliance, and global chat is....

3. Kill points should be set and not based on 10% of opponents kill points to prevent farming of points. 10 points per kill - 2 points for stealing sigil and placing it elsewhere.

4. Non-faction players can not dismount or say all kill against faction players. This will prevent mass blue non faction dmount gank squads from setting up stat kills against faction players and help balance out the overall pvp playing field.

5. Faction runes need to be removed from game play.

6. Faction timers for town control and sigil corruption need halved. Who wants to spend ten hours defending something in a game after a hard days work. It should be a gaming experience, not a life altering one.

7. Pets can not be used against same faction players. Currently in effect.

8. Faction gear should cost more silver given the increased mods they possess in comparison to the regualr artifacts. This will help bring back the market for regular arties. 12 mil for an orny??? lol I can click this faction stone and get one for a lil bit of silver that I can farm in a matter of minutes.

9. Faction silver should be halved from killing monsters and doubled from killing players promoting more pvp then pvm. I personally can farm 100k in silver in one day, which in turn sells for 100x its value in gold.

10. Faction silver should be acct bound and non transferrable. If you want to buy faction gear, you should have to do the work to get it. Perhaps it could be tracked like fame, karma, and loyalty points are, and not dropped in a pack.

Imma go put on my flame retardant suit now.......just hope no one goes nuclear on this thread....

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The new faction names suck
The new faction bases suck even more
The whole concept they have come up with will ultimately kill factions

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Anyone in factions should be attackable anywhere on any facet. You want the bonus of faction gear and other ammenities, you should be required to take the risk as well.

2. Factions should be treated as guilds and if you join a faction you are in same faction guild as everyone else. Faction chat should be implemented as guild, party, alliance, and global chat is....

3. Kill points should be set and not based on 10% of opponents kill points to prevent farming of points. 10 points per kill - 2 points for stealing sigil and placing it elsewhere.

4. Non-faction players can not dismount or say all kill against faction players. This will prevent mass blue non faction dmount gank squads from setting up stat kills against faction players and help balance out the overall pvp playing field.

5. Faction runes need to be removed from game play.

6. Faction timers for town control and sigil corruption need halved. Who wants to spend ten hours defending something in a game after a hard days work. It should be a gaming experience, not a life altering one.

7. Pets can not be used against same faction players. Currently in effect.

8. Faction gear should cost more silver given the increased mods they possess in comparison to the regualr artifacts. This will help bring back the market for regular arties. 12 mil for an orny??? lol I can click this faction stone and get one for a lil bit of silver that I can farm in a matter of minutes.

9. Faction silver should be halved from killing monsters and doubled from killing players promoting more pvp then pvm. I personally can farm 100k in silver in one day, which in turn sells for 100x its value in gold.

10. Faction silver should be acct bound and non transferrable. If you want to buy faction gear, you should have to do the work to get it. Perhaps it could be tracked like fame, karma, and loyalty points are, and not dropped in a pack.

Imma go put on my flame retardant suit now.......just hope no one goes nuclear on this thread....
1. Yeah
2. **** No
3. No, the old system was fine, with small tweaks.
4. God No
5. Definitely
6. Go **** yourself... No
7. No
8. Yeah
9. ehhh... no
10. No.

Yeah its so simple isnt it.

C

Cloak&Dagger

1. Yeah
2. **** No
3. No, the old system was fine, with small tweaks.
4. God No
5. Definitely
6. Go **** yourself... No
7. No
8. Yeah
9. ehhh... no
10. No.

Yeah its so simple isnt it.
More or less what Cardell said....Actually I do not see a point that I disagree with with cardell, Maybe not point 1 but that one does not matter to me, spend most of my time in fel anyway.

Edit: Forgot to mention, the factions have no names so stop being stupid. Everything else is as cardell said (as I stated)

S

Scratch

lol cardell you posted against no.4 like youre one of the blue non faction toons dismount ganking so one of your faction guys can stat him with no risk of getting statted yourself

and no.6 like you have all day to play the game....get a job

those ten things would make factions better than they are now.....

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol cardell you posted against no.4 like youre one of the blue non faction toons dismount ganking so one of your faction guys can stat him with no risk of getting statted yourself

and no.6 like you have all day to play the game....get a job

those ten things would make factions better than they are now.....
Uhh.. Basically number 4 makes faction players complete gods against normal non faction pvpers. That is ridiuclous. I never blue dismount or ask ppl to do so for me. By me disagreeing with that doesn't mean I do it.

I do have a job.. really good benefits.. really long hours. I rarely play anymore,.. you can ask the faction folk on my shard...

H

Hurley

I wouldn't even bother posting suggestions. The devs are basically saying eff you to 13 years of UO (and what, 10 years or more of factions?), and doing whatever they want to do, even though the new system is horrible.

When did anyone ever say there should be only 3 factions, or that players dont like the current names? Silly.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
That is a pretty broad brush you are painting with. I encourage faction players to interact with and make suggestions to the Devs. They seem to be willing to listen.

There is more to this than we know at the moment, I believe. Hopefully more of their direction and plans will come to light soon.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is a pretty broad brush you are painting with. I encourage faction players to interact with and make suggestions to the Devs. They seem to be willing to listen.

There is more to this than we know at the moment, I believe. Hopefully more of their direction and plans will come to light soon.
They seem to be willing to listen? REALLY? We have pleaded for the last 10 years and haven't gotten ****. NOTHING. NOTHING. NOTHING! ALL WE DO IS SUGGEST NEW ****/FIXES EVERY WEEK. ASK FOR BUGS AND EXPLOITS TO BE FIXED AND THEY NEVER LISTENED...

They aren't listening at all.. They are making what they want to cater to themselves and their personnel play styles which are the complete opposite of what UO pvp became famous for and what everyone who played the factions liked about them.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
they listened when we had the war forum 2 years ago.

they gave thieves points for stealing.

they gave us faction artys.

while not a lot, it sure made a massive boost in a dead system.

so they do listen from time to time.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They seem to be willing to listen? REALLY? We have pleaded for the last 10 years and haven't gotten ****. NOTHING. NOTHING. NOTHING! ALL WE DO IS SUGGEST NEW ****/FIXES EVERY WEEK. ASK FOR BUGS AND EXPLOITS TO BE FIXED AND THEY NEVER LISTENED...

They aren't listening at all.. They are making what they want to cater to themselves and their personnel play styles which are the complete opposite of what UO pvp became famous for and what everyone who played the factions liked about them.
So here they are, reading and replying, and there you go shooting off at the mouth. Way to stay focused on the goal. Yep, good job.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So here they are, reading and replying, and there you go shooting off at the mouth. Way to stay focused on the goal. Yep, good job.
And there you are,, blaming me for being the voice of reason and not giving them any slack. I'm calling it how I see it, go ahead and blame me for being honest. The factions are going to be dead after this patch, and I'm at least gonna be able to say I tried to tell them they are messing everything up. AGAIN...

As far as I'm concerned they should have been doing it a long time ago. They owe us. They should have taken what we said and applied it. None of our suggestions have been implemented. They are pacifying you guys with a few posts. Which basically are slowly but surely telling us they are doing it their way and we, even don't know wtf we are talking about.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
And now that you have a chance to make a difference... you walk away?

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And now that you have a chance to make a difference... you walk away?
First of all, who is walking away? Last I checked, the second I heard about the shard I jumped on and posted the positives and the negatives. It's not my fault there was way more negatives. I took the time to meet up with my allies and enemies from all the shards I played and talked it over. I put the time in to test it..

We have no chance to make any change. He doesn't take anything we say into consideration. If he did, the faction shard wouldn't resemble anything that we saw the last few days.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, to be fair Cardell (along with Lore Denin) have been the only ones to make any truly smart and detailed posts on factions.

Unfortunately the devs reading the forums have to sort through dozens upon dozens of gibberish posts made by people that have only been in factions since the arties came out.

They'd do well to listen to the people that have been actively participating in factions for the last decade.

C

Cloak&Dagger

Yeah, to be fair Cardell (along with Lore Denin) have been the only ones to make any truly smart and detailed posts on factions.

Unfortunately the devs reading the forums have to sort through dozens upon dozens of gibberish posts made by people that have only been in factions since the arties came out.

They'd do well to listen to the people that have been actively participating in factions for the last decade.
They have no way to discern who has been there and who has not, also catering just to those who have "been here" the whole time, is not in the best interest of the game as a whole. Not saying Cardell is wrong (although I won't say he is right, mostly due to the hostility that will not get him anywhere) But in general, The few of us that have been here since the beginning of time are just that, Few, catering to the Few is never the best idea, then again....The masses may suggest things and then never participate, it is a serious thing to consider.

Their effort alone should be merit, mostly new developers working on this, save for pheonix who is a returning developer, but over all their effort and apparent level of caring should be merit enough, despite if things are exactly what you want them to be, you should make the best of what they could be.

tink'r_toiz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cloak‡1688822 said:
They have no way to discern who has been there and who has not, also catering just to those who have "been here" the whole time, is not in the best interest of the game as a whole. Not saying Cardell is wrong (although I won't say he is right, mostly due to the hostility that will not get him anywhere) But in general, The few of us that have been here since the beginning of time are just that, Few, catering to the Few is never the best idea, then again....The masses may suggest things and then never participate, it is a serious thing to consider.

Their effort alone should be merit, mostly new developers working on this, save for pheonix who is a returning developer, but over all their effort and apparent level of caring should be merit enough, despite if things are exactly what you want them to be, you should make the best of what they could be.
When I get a new job or assignment, the first thing I do is find out all that I can about it, who is involved with it, what the requirements are then decide what is the reality. I seek out the people involved, minor or major involvement, and I LISTEN... and I LISTEN and then I repeat what I heard them say they need and want until I understand. I include as much input from as many people as possible and I am always cognizant that people, by nature, are self-serving and that you have to take in account all the voices not just the loudest.

Then I get in there and "do the job" until I understand it inside and out. In this case it would be play the game until you understand every good point or bad point. The effort is wonderful, the art is incredible, their intent to make things better is commendable but the reality could be far from what they expect. I encourage the devs to play the game and listen...

C

Cloak&Dagger

When I get a new job or assignment, the first thing I do is find out all that I can about it, who is involved with it, what the requirements are then decide what is the reality. I seek out the people involved, minor or major involvement, and I LISTEN... and I LISTEN and then I repeat what I heard them say they need and want until I understand. I include as much input from as many people as possible and I am always cognizant that people, by nature, are self-serving and that you have to take in account all the voices not just the loudest.

Then I get in there and "do the job" until I understand it inside and out. In this case it would be play the game until you understand every good point or bad point. The effort is wonderful, the art is incredible, their intent to make things better is commendable but the reality could be far from what they expect. I encourage the devs to play the game and listen...

I was not disagreeing with having them listen to us. But what was suggested is that they listen to the people who have been playing factions for the past 12 years. Everyone could say they have been, simply asking would not be enough. So I was simply saying they have no way to know who knows the system the best and who does not, also no way to fully know who's ideas would be game breaking and who's ideas would be fully accepted. Even if they get in there playing the game and asking questions, not everyone present would have the best interests in mind, also not everyone would be present to even add their input.