• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sim Tower!

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I feel like a little kid and am so excited! I was going through my closet and found my Sim Tower CD! I totally forgot about that game, I loved Sim Tower!
I'm so psyched, it used to keep me busy for hours. It came out in 1996 if I recall. So your saying to yourself, what is this weird nerd talking about?? :coco:

Background:

Build your real estate empire from the ground up with SimTower. As owner and landlord of the building, your objective is to construct and develop a balanced and profitable commercial property by leasing space inside for apartments, offices, restaurants, and shops. Name your tenants and watch their everyday activities to plan improvements to your building's design. Terrorists, fire, and even a visiting VIP pile on more fun as you build your way to a 5-star, 100-story, self-contained city in a skyscraper.

Gameplay:

You are the owner of your own building. Building your tower by constructing penthouses, suites, and office spaces in each floor and providing adaquete amenities and services to keep the guests in the tower comfortable and happy is the key to success in this simulation. The goal toward 5 Star and tower rating all depend on your tower's day to day population. By each rating earned, you may earn more even more amenities to liven up your tower even more.

Gotta love these system reqs, almost crashed my Quad Core processor!

Min System Requirements:
Processor Speed: 80386 or faster processor
RAM: 4 MB
CD Drive Speed: 2x CD-ROM drive
Screen: VGA display
Mouse

Anyone else remember playing this game? Good times with SimTower!

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never played that one. I had Sim City (the first one, oy!) and up to Sim City 3000 back in like 97. From there I discovered The Sims and forgot about the Sim Cities alltogether. I still have the first Sim City for Palm OS and play it every so often. lol

Y

YoungUn

Never played Sim Tower, but I had several of the early sims (Sim City, something else I don't recall the name for but remember installing on my work computer....). We still have a Sim City for the PS that my kids play.

A

ATIV7220

This past summer I found my copy and my 8 year old son played it for a few days. I remember leaving it run overnight and coming back to a ton of money. I also played a little Sim Isle and very little of Sim Farm.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SimFarm rocked my socks off! I remember that planting all Strawberry Farms will make you the best profit. I may dig that out if I get bored tomorrow. Today I was playing Sims 2. Both parent sims are top of the career tracks. One is in law and the other is Chief of Staff in medical. Together they both pull in over $3,000 a day. With that type of income, we could afford the Butler. The Butler will do all roles, including the nanny. So I let the Butler take care of the kids. Well he let the one toddler pee itself and then let it lay on the floor in it's filth. Needless to say, I fired the butler. Then when the chick got home from work the kid was sleeping on the floor and wouldn't get up. EA did a crappy job of programming the NPC's. PLUS Get this, the Butler cooked a meal while the kid was peeing on the floor. DUDE, nobody is home to eat your microwave meals. I also think he is a child toucher, but that is a personal opinion...lol Sims 3 comes out next month!!

L

Lollipop Zooblesnook

Sims 3??! I had no idea another was in the works. Never played Sims Tower but remember playing the 1st sim city a lot... then like someone else above, I found the Sims and I was addicted. I just found it and every expansion pack, the last one, 'makin magic' was still in the plastic. Next time we're snowed in I'll have to pull them all out. Never played Sims 2 but I'm off to search for Sims 3 and see what it's all about!

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh wow, you are going to be blown away if you skip Sims 2! It looks pretty cool from what I've seen. I played a bit today, as I was snowed in. Well we got about 6 inches the last time I was out. Could go out, but I'll let the plow trucks get the job done. I like going back through my old game pile, you always forget so many good games. I just finished playing Last Call where you are the bartender. By the 5th round I couldn't handle it anymore. They order the most complicated of drinks and expect it in seconds. Impatient NPCs! Let me know what your opinion of the TS3 preview!

L

Lollipop Zooblesnook

It looks SO cool. I will definitely have to consider picking this one up. My brother gets to go to a couple gaming conventions during the year, they get to try out new games etc. I need to ask him if he saw and/or tried Sims 3. I think I was so excited that Animal Crossing was coming out on the wii that I didn't realize what else on my favs list was being revamped. Thanks for sharing the info!