• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sim to RL Romances?

A

Aster

On the old boards before the catastrophic event of doom and here too on the new boards, I've seen a few people mention their sim to rl romances. I would love to read more about them, if anyone felt like sharing.

S

Scotty

I don't remember if I answered over there or not. I mainly lurked when I stopped playing the game.

Anyway, I met my partner in TSO a few months after the game went live. This was like, 5 years ago. Woah! I was having a litle party on my lot when this strange sim popped in. We started talking and we became friends. I invited him as a roommate, and we got even closer. We eventually moved to anoTHERE game (lol) and got married. He came out to California to visit me. And a few months later, I packed up everything and moved here to Ohio. We are still together. :)

A

Aster

Ohio! How many years now, Scotty? Virtual togetherness and on-the-ground togetherness both acceptable answers.

S

Scotty

I've been here for 4 years now. I moved here in Feb of 2004. And I do have TSO to thank for it. :) Or curse for it during the long cold winters. lol

F

Founder

Over 5 years, I met 3 girls from TSO/EAL and if you add Pogo.com that's 4 total from EA community altogether. I'm still good friends with 3 of them, but ironically enough, the one that I met from my hometown, we arent friends anymore. So its a 3 to 1 good friends to female dog ratio for me. Not Bad!

M

Madra

Not quite a sim romance to rl romance, but close :) I met a wonderful sim in BF back in '03, quite liked him but it was at a time when I was just getting bored with TSO and took one of my lengthy breaks. I came back to the game in April '04 and the first thing I did was look up his money lot and yup, there he was :) After skilling up my logic I started hanging out at his boarding house and we quickly became fast friends... eventually sim sweethearts. Over the years this man has become my absolute best friend in the world and I can't imagine what I'd do without him. We've never met in rl and quite possibly never will, but we speak weekly by phone and exchange emails and im's daily. I will forever be grateful to TSO for bringing us together :D

S

Stu Pitt Moran

I met my RL wife on line, but wasn't the sims lol.
In 1994 there was a online game named Imagination Network it was run by Sierra -online. Same company that made the Leisure Suit Larry games. It was a 2-D game. It had card games, board games, etc.

C

CanIhaveYourStuf

On the old boards before the catastrophic event of doom and here too on the new boards, I've seen a few people mention their sim to rl romances. I would love to read more about them, if anyone felt like sharing.
Thanx 2 TSO i had an affair with

F

Fire Dragon

On the flip side to this, it would be interesting to know the number of rl relationships that were destroyed because of sl affairs...

X

x532

Right after the game went live I became a roommate in a house named Charisma Spiral in Dan's Grove. The owner got his RL best friend to come over to DG and become a roommate too. He and I sat up night after night keeping the house open. With nothing much to do other than cook meals and clean toilets we spent hours talking. Five months later I moved from Ohio to Texas. We've been blissfully together ever since, five years on May 1st. While the "game" of the Sims left alot to be desired, the community of the Sims introduced me to my hearts desire. For that, I will always be thankfull to TSO.

C

Charlton

Right after the game went live I became a roommate in a house named Charisma Spiral in Dan's Grove. The owner got his RL best friend to come over to DG and become a roommate too. He and I sat up night after night keeping the house open. With nothing much to do other than cook meals and clean toilets we spent hours talking. Five months later I moved from Ohio to Texas. We've been blissfully together ever since, five years on May 1st. While the "game" of the Sims left alot to be desired, the community of the Sims introduced me to my hearts desire. For that, I will always be thankfull to TSO.
Odd, pretty much the same happened to us. I was Charlton in DG. Had a few RL flings with girls I met in TSO and then met Ariel (TSO name) there three years ago. She is from Ohio, I live in Texas. Things developed between us naturally and quite easily. Some even thought we were the same person just running two accounts since we tended to finish each other's sentences and seemed to always share similar thoughts and ideas to others.

Anyway, to make a long story short, we started meeting in RL, first time in Vegas, where we stayed at the Sahara (a pun on the real Sahara here, but it seemed appropriate and we both got a laugh out of it. After all, we met in TSO so the Sahara was still kind of a tie that binded our first meeting to the game). We got married at the Sahara on June 28th, 2006 a year later to the day of our original first meeting, and still enjoy each others company immensely, and still play online games together, just this time, our computers are side by side.

TSO may fade into the sunset, but in our case we'll always remember TSO since it was where we met and fell in love. And even to Sahara, here on the forums, since we spend every wedding anniversary in Vegas, at the Sahara, and in the same room where we stayed in when we first met. The same room we stayed in when we got married at the Sahara as well.

Not to give away too much personal information but there'll always be a certain room at the Sahara that will always be booked the week of of June 28th. Ya'll will just have to find another one that particular week. :D

X

x532

That is a great story. How wild that you were in Texas and she was in Ohio. :) There must be something about Ohio girls and Texas guys that makes us click. I have to say, that having your best friend and soulmate right beside you while you're both playing games has to be one of the best things ever. :love:

F

Founder

That is a great story. How wild that you were in Texas and she was in Ohio. :) There must be something about Ohio girls and Texas guys that makes us click.
That's cuz TX guys will do anyone and anything...even Ohio girls! :::eek:h snap!::::lick:

Parizad

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not to give away too much personal information but there'll always be a certain room at the Sahara that will always be booked the week of of June 28th. Ya'll will just have to find another one that particular week. :D
That's my mom's birthday. My parents live in Vegas. So I may be there some of those years. Want to make it... interesting?

I'm kidding! <--Please don't send death threats or colorful invites. :p

B

boggslane

I got a copy of TSO for Christmas 2002. By January 2nd I actually got free time to load it and play for the first time. I created a new avatar the second day in East Jerome. She roamed around homeless for a while and met a sim around her age and political slant on January 8th. Ten days later our sims got "engaged" and we we married in a Druid ceremony at our new home on January 30th.

All was well until my Sim-husband got disgusted with some problems his Alphaville avatar was having and wanted to quit the game. To my horror (!) he revealed that his AV-self was sim-married (!) and he caught her having an extra-sim-marital affair (!!!).

After much begging and pleading he reluctantly agreed that I should create an avatar in Alphaville and we'll see what develops. As you can guess, our Alpha sims became engaged on April 22nd and married at La Cage au Folles on August 12th.

Mid-August 2003 the game was pretty dead. You could almost hear the door slam when colleges and schools let out for the summer.

We hung in though and had created a third couple in Blazing Falls, where we were once stalked by his "ex". Hey that was the best part of the "game", all the she-sim wars over he-sims.

Meanwhile, our real lives were getting messy. I decided to divorce my husband of 22 years and my sim-mate's girlfriend moved out. One thing led to another and on March 29, 2004 he moved in with me -- and we've be inseparable ever since.

His and hers computers, side by side, his an Alienware, mine a Dell, both in TSO, this time both playing female avatars (safer this way, heh) and running a nightclub.

TSO brought us together, and I thank you for that. I'll miss the place we met (it's long been deleted now, Randy's Logic and Charisma in East Jerome) and our first home (a size 4 lot, whoot!), and our mansion in Alphaville, and our castle in Blazing Falls. But they are mere pixels, I have my man and he has me.

T

Talent

Sim Romance :

I found her...the perfect woman for me. But she had another love at the time...

We played at being friends for several years.

They seperated.

My special lady and I got together for a short period of time but there were problems. I was married, She was single. She wanted more.

I will always remember this perfect woman.

I have my regrets on the whole thing. ::sigh:: Never my regrets regarding that perfect woman, just the way life works sometimes.

Michelle knows.

T

TerriHappy

I met my hubby on tso. After a long friendship in game we moved to e-mail, then skype, then talking on the phone. Finally we met in Seattle after us both watching sleepless in seattle together over the phone:) Within a month after meeting he moved here to Canada from Florida. I thank tso for meeting my soul mate.:thumbup:

D

Delima

I met my fiance' on TSO. We started out being friends in game, I was sim maried and she swore off sim relationships lol. After time we became RL friends and talked in yahoo alot, then things wen't bad with my sim wife so I found my self single and a little while later we became a TSO couple. It didn't take to long until we realized we had real feelings for each other outside of the game. We met New Years eve 2007, later that year we got engaged and she moved in with me. So I to thank TSO for finding my soumate :love: