• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sim Name Problems

D

donnallg

Wondering if this happened to anyone else. I created extra sims in EALand then Deleted them before moving others over. The sim's names that I deleted can't be used. It tells me there is someone in that city with that name. I did a search and they aren't. I really wanted those names back. They were my orginal names for those accounts.

Also I see that one of the sims lots is still on the map too.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

When I "moved" my sims from old cities to Ealand, they came over with the original names of their sim on creation date. Some of those sims had changed names so many times over the years I barely recognized their original names.

However, I was told that "merging" sims from TC that merged to TC3 kept their sim name they had at the time of merge and did not revert back to their original sim name.

In the past, old names that were retired did not become available again for 120 days because that is when old sims were cleaned up.

I don't believe this will be happening anymore so you may never get those names back.

I

imported_Qute Pi

Seems like a lot of wasted names if they can never be used again.

Too bad there isn't a way to reset the "name" list every night so it would be available again after maintenance.

S

Sativa L

This must be a problem caused by deletion. Maybe changing sims names to something you dont want to use, before deleting them might work.

Yesterday I moved two sims with names of existing EAland sims.
I changed the EALand sim names then was immediately able to change the moved "numbered" sims to the names.

D

donnallg

Well I was going by the way it was always. I could delete the sim then use the name again. If I would have known I couldn't use it when my sims were moved over then I would have changed first then deleted.

I'm hoping I can get those 2 names back soon. I was the only one with that name in any cities and I don't want someone to take it just because.