• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sim move: broken again or disabled?

• Thread starter imported_Qute Pi
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Qute Pi

I don't know where to post this...but my sims are not moving from production city to production city, just curious if i missed something and its disabled or if its broken...again.

I'd like to get to moving, been over a week now...

L

ladywolf

I also have one waiting to move from CC to JP, been waiting 3 days now

G

Bullet train to EA Land is supposed to happen today, along with the disabling of the rest of the moves.....so the bullet train will be available for those stuck in a production city they don't want to be in. Since most of the production cities are ghost towns, and we don't keep our properties when moving to/from 2 production cities either, I'd just go ahead and hop on the EA Land train, since all you'll lose that you wouldn't have lost immediately is simoleans.

G

Yes, but it you had been planning to build or add to a property in another production city before the merge, this would be a major disappointment.

I think it is too late, but you can try posting this in the Tech forum for Lee's attention, or hit them up about it in the EAL Town Hall.

Town Hall in EA-Land
EA-Land team members will be in the Hall:
Mon: 11-1 p.m.; 4-6 p.m.
Tue: 10-2 p.m.
Wed: 11-1 p.m.; 5-7 p.m.
Thu: 2-6 p.m.
Fri: 3-7 p.m.
All hours are Pacific Time.

I

imported_Qute Pi

Actually...

Account B has an island that I want Account A to have. I want to cancel Account B before the merge since its useless.

I have paid for Account B an extra month now because I couldn't get my Account A sim to my island, which I'm not giving up. lol.

So its more difficult than just jumping on the bullet train, but thanks for the advice.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Actually...

Account B has an island that I want Account A to have. I want to cancel Account B before the merge since its useless.

I have paid for Account B an extra month now because I couldn't get my Account A sim to my island, which I'm not giving up. lol.

So its more difficult than just jumping on the bullet train, but thanks for the advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eek. Yeah that would be a problem.....but like Gilly said I think it's too late for them to do anything about it now, since the problem hasn't been brought up before this, so I guess they assumed those who wanted to move prod. city to city had already done so in the last few weeks. I hope it works out for ya though, maybe cancel account A instead of account B since she is the one that has the island? Especially after the merging of the cities, you could get both accounts' sims together and have them trade amongst each other what you don't mind parting with and putting everything you do want to keep on that account. Might mean you have to pay the fee another couple months, but depending on how valuable the stuff in question is, it might be worth it?

I

imported_Qute Pi

I've actually mentioned it on tso-e blog, to dev's via yahoo since last week, I just figured I'd post it here too since I wasn't getting results.

I don't patch to TC3, and I guess at this point its not going to matter anyway. lol.

Oh well...thats what I get for expecting the game to function correctly at least half the time... :|

Edited to add: Account A is founder account lol, no way I'm canceling that!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Edited to add: Account A is founder account lol, no way I'm canceling that!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ack, yes I can understand that for sure too. Well, at least when the merges are done you will be able to get all the sims on both accounts (provided they don't disabled being able to run 2 accts on one comp
) together and get everything transferred to account A that you want to keep and then be able to cancel account B without penalty. Sucks that you'll have to pay the extra time on it, especially since you can't cancel it now and reopen it before the 90 days of sim deletion is up because sims become homeless after 30 days, but for what islands go for these days, to me it'd be worth it to keep that island.

Just had a possible brainstorm.....is there a really good friend that you can trust to hold that island for you? If there is, then you can turn it and the objects over to him/her, go ahead and cancel Account B, but just be sure to reopen it before the 90 days are up, and then go get the island back from that friend in time for the city the sim is in to be merged into EA Land. It's a gamble, but it would beat having to pay for the account those extra months if you can't afford to, or worse losing the island if you can't get back within 30 days. Would that work as a work-around?

G

Just throwing this out there for folks who are considering closing accts temporarily during the merge process. I asked Randy about DADDI cleanup pre merge, he said the cleanup will happen at the merge and properties without paying owners will be wiped. Just a word to the wise, if you dont want to lose your house keep paying until the merge is complete. Of course once that is finished, its no problem to transfer the properties between your sims and close any extra accts you dont need.

I sympathize with you on this issue, sim move has forever been full of bugs. We all know that Randy is the only one who knows how to fix it and considering he's got so many other major issues on his plate like leasing errors and premium accts showing as visitor, this one may have taken a backseat.

I

imported_Qute Pi

I'm feelin' all the love here hehe.
Thanks for the help! I am understanding enough to realize things aren't perfect right now.

I'll probably just give EA a couple more payments till I can switch them after the merges...I'd ask a friend to help, but none live in that specific city I own the island in. lol

Oh well..At least the merge is coming along, hopefully it won't be too long till its started and finished...OR maybe when I get home today my sim will have moved last night...I check first thing every day after work lol...holding on to hope till I'm told it's disabled. lol

I

imported_MooMooLand

Dunno if this belongs here, but didnt wanna start a new thread.
My question is: moving with the bullet train will be without simoleans and property, but, will i move with ALL my objects?