• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sim job question

G

Many times I've been working with people who will get promotions in the middle of a work shift, after a round is over and they will leave when they get promoted, leaving whoever is left to do the rest of the work. This seems like really poor sportsmanship to me, but do they do that because any extra rounds they work after their promotion before they go to the new place won't count toward that level? Either way it still seems like really poor form, especially if it means you leave somebody ALONE but I just wondered if that is the reason why they do it? Brandi got a promo just now before the last round of the robot factory, but I noticed that the last round she worked there after the promo was still 5 simoleans a bot, so I thought that might explain why some people leave immediately when they get a promo. Is this true?

I

imported_Founder

Ahhhh this is why I got DJ job...I dont rely on nobody and GLAD when nobody is working against me.

But yeah...its kinda a bad sportsmanship in careers that require cooperation. but isnt this why you work with friends?

G

from my understanding after you get a promo at work even if you stay the rounds after the promo still count towards your next promo.. i dont think they have changed that yet.. some ppl leave after their promo to check out the next level and every factory for bots get higher pay as you get promoted... i hope that this helps you out..

Charlotte
Calvins Creek

G

People leave for their own reasons - there is no right/wrong/true/false.

Maybe they are excited to see their new level? Maybe they hate the level they are currently on? (There is one level I really don't like and couldn't wait to get off). Maybe they are hoping for more people/more money?

<blockquote><hr>

do they do that because any extra rounds they work after their promotion before they go to the new place won't count toward that level

[/ QUOTE ]

The shifts will count towards the next level.

I just got 4 promos during a round at the factory (I had previously been demoted due to not enough friends). At the end of each shift, I got promoted. I chose to stay for a number of reasons but mainly because a) I was working with a good team and b) I have already seen the next levels.

If I had been working with a really bad team, I may well have left at the end of the shift.

Polly

G

Working at a lower level counts toward promotions. However, your pay will be that of whatever level you are working. To get a raise you have to move up.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Working at a lower level counts toward promotions. However, your pay will be that of whatever level you are working. To get a raise you have to move up.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, that explains it then. I'm going to use Gilly's asterisk idea, and now that I know that that last shift counted toward the promotion I know how many asterisks to give her toward the next promotion. I didn't do that idea with my main sim that is on the restaurant track, and so I have no idea how close she is to promotion but at 4 rounds per shift I am hoping to be promoted by the weekend.

The restaurant track has two buggy levels to me....well one buggy and one just plain PITA. The 2 story level is hard to get through, and then McDingus's restaurant for the next two levels has a table in the back of the large dining room.....the one that has a bear next to it, that if a set of customers sit there you're screwed. Sometimes it won't let you take their order at all, other times you can take the order but not deliver any food, and other times yet if it is a party of 4 you can deliver some food but not all of it. Still in all though that level pays well enough even with the glitched tables. I am told after I get past the Wily Watron that I am on with her that the next level's pay actually goes *down*. Does anybody know why that is?

R

Rennay

I was having the same problem with serving food to a table of 4. If you pick up whatever got left in the "middle" of the table you're trying to serve, and then re-serve it, it works out fine. A little time consuming, but it works.

I

imported_Danny Dots

Yeah I think it is rude too.. I would never leave someone alone at the job place
The other day I got car napped while I was afk and the other person was just like "hello? please tell me your here!" So i decided to stay a few rounds to lend her a helping hand.