• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SIM GOLD

G

I am sure by now that everyone who plays this game is concerned about the lowering of virtually everything in the game that allows us to earn simoleans. Debates have been everywhere both in game and on these boards as to where it will go from here and the effects it will have on the game.
It should be obvious to everyone who does the maths that with the present system, payouts will have to remain low.
EA simply cannot have us able to make over a certain quantity of simoleans or they will not be able to implement the buybacks.
I can’t explain that any better than I Have already in this previous post I put in one of the threads in here earlier:

“I can’t however see payouts going back up, even if they do have an answer to the bots.
If the payouts go back up more than just a very small percentage, the economy will blow out again. Or if EA does launch the buybacks, they will be buying so many simoleans they will not make any profit.
Lets face it, if we can make 1k an hour how many of us will firstly play the game doing money objects for 10 of the hours we play each month, just to pay our subscription. And how many would then go further and actually get into being paid to play. Because of that I think about 300 or 400 simoleans an hour would be all we can expect to be able to make tops.”

The earlier higher payouts must have produced an access in simoleans in EA Land.
The devs have now reduced the payouts to prevent this from happening any further.
They have also increased what ever they can in an attempt to pull the access simoleans back out of the game.
To implement the buyback system they cannot have an access of simoleans in EA Land where people will be able to just go to an ATM and cash them in.

I believe the dev team failed to see the difference between the economy they were able to control in TC3 and that of EA Land.
We now have a game where the incentive to make simoleans remains high and the capabilities of doing so is far to low.
I do not believe that the methods the devs have devised for controlling the economy will work. I am also fairly certain that this is becoming obvious to them as well.

I can see where the devs are trying to take this game and do believe they have the right idea there. A game where players with desires for business are able to manufacture ideas and products to be used in the game and make real life profits for themselves. A game where players who just want to play the game will benefit from hundreds of people working on new additions to the game.

With the present format players will be forced to play in a manner where the majority of items purchased will be done so using real money to buy simoleans.
Maybe this is the direction the devs feel the game has to go. Maybe they are prepared to lose what I feel would be a large percentage of the market of players that are both in game or yet to play. Players that will not play a game where the majority of things purchased are purchased with real money. The market they would have left would be relatively small but would be a high profit ratio. Wether the game would succeed using this format remains to be seen, personally I think it would fail. At least would fail to see the potential it could otherwise reach.

There is an alternative to the system they are using. One where players who wish to work for there simoleans to purchase there desires can do so in a manner they have been a custom to. Where payouts on money objects and jobs can go back to where it was at the start of EA Land. A system where EA could sell and buyback without any worry about loss of profits from over production of simoleans.
A system that would give them better control of the economy and would see high returns from the sale of simoleans in the game.
In fact everything they are trying to achieve can be achieved with this system.
To do this EA needs to separate the currency they sell and buyback "which I will refer to as SIM GOLD" in the game from the currency "simoleans" produced in the game. The SIM GOLD EA sells is then traded in the game for simoleans produced in the game which is still used to buy items in the game. SIM GOLD will not buy EA items, only simoleans. This would enable players to still be able to produce simoleans in the game to play the way they have been a custom to. If players wish to bypass jobs and purchase simoleans to get there in game desires they can purchase the SIM GOLD sold by EA and use that to trade for simoleans.
EA would not be in a position then where they may have to buy back more than they have sold. The only currency they do buyback is SIM GOLD they have sold into the game.
The value of SIM GOLD compared to simoleans will be determined by the production of simoleans in the game and what the players are willing to sell and buy them for.
EA could also apply a tax to the in game currency trade on the simoleans which can be used to control the economy. Players selling custom content could chose to sell their products with price tags of either currency or both.

I also feel that EA should do the following to allow pet pulls to come back into the game. Pet pulls were a viable way of retrieving simoleans back from the game.
This can be used to aid in controlling the economy and would add something back that was lost in the game.
A 5 minute sellback time should be available on pets only. A dynamic adjustment to the sellback value should be applied.

SIM GOLD SYSTEM:

EA sells SIM GOLD. $1 US buys 100 SIM GOLD
EA buys SIM GOLD. 100 SIM GOLD = 85 cents US
EA bonuses are in SIM GOLD. 50 SIM GOLD per week.

Trade setup for SIM GOLD to simoleans:
A method of trading the sim gold for simoleans needs to be placed in the game.
A dynamic tax on the simoleans needs to be applied to aid in the control of the economy in game.

The dynamic sellback value needs to be applied to pets to allow pet pulls.

BOTS HAVE TO BE PERMINANTLY STOPPED.

I know the devs have said they have something in the works here to battle the bots.
I have stated in posts in here that I have developed a means of permanently stopping the bots.
I will go further here and mention that I know exactly how these bots work, and I do mean EXACTLY how they work.
I know the bots available and what they have done to get around preventions EA have tried in the past.
I know who makes them and who is still available to work on them.
I can if I wanted to make my own, I don’t wish to do that by the way.
I have checked these bots out in detail, to the extent where I even know what programming language they were done in.
If I myself had made a bot, I could have easily and very quickly found a way around everything that EA has thrown at them so far.
I have mentioned all that because I need everyone in here including the devs to know that I am serious about my next statement.

I can show you a way to stop bots in there tracks now and for ever.
This method would require no policing, no programs running in the background of our computers.
This method uses a proven method already used around the world, altered to fit into this game.
It will not entail any typing, and I am sure would be excepted by all.

I am not laying out a description here as it would require some explanatory graphics and tables to show exactly how it works.
It would take me a day or 2 to do so and I will only do that if enough interest is shown by both the players and the devs.

I hope I am taken seriously here on all I have said.
I have put a lot of work into this over the last couple of months and almost gave up on the idea because I believed I would not be taken seriously.

I do believe the devs have been working hard on this game and as I have said have the right idea of where the game needs to go. I do also feel they were wrong in how they intended to control the economy and we need them to admit to that mistake.
If you agree with what I have said I definitely need your support. So even if you haven’t posted in here before please post your support.
I am trying here to make this game what it can be, and also trying to prevent its possible demise.

C

calvinscreeksim

I actually appreciate the honesty of this post.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

Holy [censored], I cant believe I read all that lol.

I highly doubt they will or have even thought of making us pay in real currency for a objects. This game is hanging on a string, they can not risk a move like this.

They cant risk turning TSO in SL... !

This "Sim Gold" idea has been brought up before already. Its not a bad idea, however I fail to see how "Sim Gold" and Simoleans would not intercept each other. What if the Sim Gold was worth more than simoleans.

What if the store owners charge Sim Gold for their items because its worth more, and all of a sudden we need to buy sim gold to buy objects from stores.

<blockquote><hr>

A dynamic tax on the simoleans needs to be applied to aid in the control of the economy in game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had an Idea for a tax a back a year or so ago. And it became "unpopular"

G

sorry but you obviously didn't read it well enough, read it again. the answers to your questions are in there.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

sorry but you obviously didn't read it well enough, read it again. the answers to your questions are in there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see a answer I see a suggestion.

I still fail to see how this will work, if "Sim Gold" is more valuable than simoleans. It would just cause us to buy sim gold or spend even more time on making simoleans to exchange for sim gold so that we could buy an object from a store that does not accept simoleans. The exchange rates would have to be adjusted so that no one currency will be valued more than the other.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see a answer I see a suggestion.

I still fail to see how this will work, if "Sim Gold" is more valuable than simoleans. It would just cause us to buy sim gold or spend even more time on making simoleans to exchange for sim gold so that we could buy an object from a store that does not accept simoleans. The exchange rates would have to be adjusted so that no one currency will be valued more than the other.

[/ QUOTE ]

The EA objects in game can only be purchased using simoleans. Its a suggestion I made that custom content may be able to be purchesed using either.
Simoleans will never outway the value of the sim gold as sim gold can only be purchesed from EA using real money. Simoleans will still be made in game the way they are now. Payouts could go back up to without effecting what EA may have to buy back from gamers.
Please think some more about what I have written, you most definately have not got the right picture. I don't mean to insult you and I am sorry if I have come accross that way. I only wish to point out that what I have written needs a bit of time and thought to see what it means.

G

I edited some of my post as when I looked at it again I could see where that part of it could be confusing. I think it explains what you have asked a little better. Thanx for your input.

I

imported_CherryBomb

I appreciate all the thought you put into this, BiteMe, but the goal of a closed economy and convertibility from Simoleons to USDollars is a done deal. What that means is there will be no ways for players to manufacture any significant amount of money in the future. Period. There is no way around it.

Without any in-game sources, drains like repairs, food and such will have to go, too. Without any in-game sources, no skilling will be needed. Half of the objects we have will not be needed. This move disables so much of TSO that it baffles me why they didn't simply start a new game.

CherryBomb

I

imported_MooMooLand

I read your post twice and thought at first i got it, but, if payouts go back to where they once where, theres really no NEED to buy simoleans(SIM GOLD) from EA.... Otherwise i think your suggestion is great.

G

If you do indeed know how to knock out botting, I'm all for it...I hope one of the game devs would get in touch with you to inquire at the least, otherwise take a chance and contact them stating what you have here regarding that issue...go for it, there's nothing to lose from what I see

G

i understand exactly what you are expressing and i support you,,i havent put as much thought as you have into this sort of option but i have given it some thought over the past few months as well and i hope the devs seriously take the time to listen to your proposal, folks this is a feasible alterative,,
Aye,from me

G

<blockquote><hr>

I appreciate all the thought you put into this, BiteMe, but the goal of a closed economy and convertibility from Simoleons to USDollars is a done deal. What that means is there will be no ways for players to manufacture any significant amount of money in the future. Period. There is no way around it.

Without any in-game sources, drains like repairs, food and such will have to go, too. Without any in-game sources, no skilling will be needed. Half of the objects we have will not be needed. This move disables so much of TSO that it baffles me why they didn't simply start a new game.

CherryBomb

[/ QUOTE ]

Well actually I think they have made a new game, one that will end up very much like a few other around. Where you pay real dollars for everything. Only difference is we pay $10 a month to be able to enter this one. I think you are right in that they will take everything away they can make or save us simoleans.
Hell they have been slowly doing that for weeks now. I think the reason they did not just make a new game, was to be able drag along a player base to help start it. And keep getting their hundreds of thousands of dollars a month subscription fees while they did it. What I have tried to do here is give them an alternative to what they have planned. People like you and I who are prepared to work out the figures can see where they are taking this game. I just hope they look at what I have proposed and see that it is a better option.

G

NOIP
There are much simpler ways (I can't believe I'm about to post this).

Lets start with the production cities - everybody was reasonably satisfied with the payouts, or at least we were used to where they were set.

So, ok - we take the payout on everything as it was on the production cities (including jobs) and reduce it by... say... 90%. Across the board - everything.

Then we do the same with all buyable objects and build mode items (nothing less than 1$ of course).

This means that a gnome that brought in ... say 100$ in AV, gets 10$ in EAL.
But that shiney new object that cost 1000$ in AV, now costs 100$ in EAL.
The numbers are lower but the ratio is the same.
So, all the players continue to play just as before with no actual economic changes.

This brings us to cash-in and cash-out.
Players must receive a decent benefit for their purchase of simoleons, so the current rate of $1 per 987$ seems ok.

The difference is the selling back (cash-out) to EA (and, incidentally, what makes it all work).
For EA to remain out of bankruptcy court, this number should not be too generous, but it also should be worth the effort for those willing to work for it. So, a number like $1 per 9870$ (there's that 10 - 1 ratio again) seems workable.
For players that have no interest in cash-out, that feature would not impact their game (i.e. influence pricing).
There is one major problem with this, in that simoleon buyers can easily undercut EA, but I don't think that's a deal breaker.

To sum - ordinary players could continue to play without any noticeable impact to their disposable income (simoleons) or their gameplay, while those that want to earn RL cash can still do so as long as they are willing to work hard at it.

There would, of course, be details to work out, (like minimum and maximum prices for CC) and EA could easily introduce "buy only" objects/services to enhance their profit picture (the selling of "unique" interactions, clothing, and objects comes to mind - and (gulp) skill locks --- but only AFTER amnesty!!!).

There it is - simple, effective, workable, and relatively headache free.

BTW - the numbers are not carved in stone, it's the concept that is the point.

Whadaya think?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Whadaya think?

[/ QUOTE ]Honestly? Seriously?

You be so brane!

That actually makes a lot of sense!

T

turtleface

I don't like the idea of sim gold. I just find things like that, double currencies, yucky. I read through the whole post, while half asleep and coffee-less. I conclude that I don't like the idea, but it's probably a good one anyway, and you've obviously put a lot of work and thought into it, so good job

If the payout and price of stuff ratio is he same, why are we all so pissed of about current payouts? Are they not the same? If not, how about the devs just sort out the ratios, and we can all be happy.

G

actually only thinking of myself i support THIS {what Donavan suggested} as i would make money from the game by playing it,in addition to having my accounts paid for by cash in cash out,,,seeing as how i am able to run 6-7accounts at one time for anywhere from 8hrs a day to 20hrs{those days when insomia kicks in} and thinking of a couple 100 of us who actually do this sort of thing,,,Business-wise it would not be in fact good Business,,,,and yes i may only be shedding light on the far extreme but trust me,i do intend {within the ToS} for my game to pay for itself, as it has for the last 5yrs

G

I'm pretty tired here but what Donavan says makes alot of sense.

BiteMe you should really post your plan on the Wiki. Sarah will see it there and shes all about the economy. As far as your bot info please contact Luc and tell him what you know. I can give you his email if you want to PM me. He seems to take the bot situation seriously and I would think he would be interested in any information you have.

Very well thought out post, dont be discouraged, take some of the other suggestions and use it to round out your idea.

G

<blockquote><hr>

BiteMe you should really post your plan on the Wiki. Sarah will see it there and shes all about the economy. As far as your bot info please contact Luc and tell him what you know. I can give you his email if you want to PM me. He seems to take the bot situation seriously and I would think he would be interested in any information you have.

Very well thought out post, dont be discouraged, take some of the other suggestions and use it to round out your idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanx Niki. I don't mean to sound like I am attacking you here. I accually have a lot of respect for you and your efforts, but why would I bother.
It looks very much like the "who the hell does this guy think he is" atitude had been taken here, looking at the lack of interest in my post. Or maybe I am just right off track. Either way I don't see any point in doing any more. I don't feel I can even comment on donovans post as it would be taken as sour grapes or bashing donovan, who by the way is someone else who's posts I respect.

G

Why does it have to be about bashing ideas? both of you have some good ideas regarding the economy, as do a lot of other people around here. No one person is ever going to be able to come up with the "perfect" solution; it usually takes the collaboration of several ideas.

You already stated you respect Donavan's posts; knowing Donavan, I think he's actually very reasonable-minded when someone respectfully disagrees with him. The two of you should discuss your differences, maybe work out a compromise, along with input from the others here. Work together to polish your ideas, then get it posted to the Wiki.

H

HoTDeViL

<blockquote><hr>

The difference is the selling back (cash-out) to EA (and, incidentally, what makes it all work).
For EA to remain out of bankruptcy court, this number should not be too generous, but it also should be worth the effort for those willing to work for it. So, a number like $1 per 9870$ (there's that 10 - 1 ratio again) seems workable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think thats good the 1: 10 ratio with selling back. it will just force private simoleans seller. instead selling back to ea for a 1:10 they just will sell them private cheaper then ea does

there are already a few sites around and i am sure everyone knows them already

C

Cruz Cavera

I am tired of seeing your name on a post. All you do is complain and I am getting tired of it. I am about ready to "Bite" you.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I am tired of seeing your name on a post. All you do is complain and I am getting tired of it. I am about ready to "Bite" you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that's simple, if you don't like my posts, don't read them.

G

You know everyone has the right to post their opinions here.

Just because you personally do not agree with what someone has to say, doesn't mean they have any less right to voice their opinions here

If you don't like what someone has to say, you have a few choices, you can either choose not to read their posts, or you can put them on ignore so that you won't see their posts.

Better that, then sharing with the rest of us that you don't like what someone has to say without any constructive input whatsover.

Polly

C

Cruz Cavera

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't read all of if.. Maybe a 4th.. And I realize everyone has a right to voice their opinon. But if it's al negative it gets annoying.

G

My posts aren't all negative, infact if you have read them all you would see where I have given credit to EA where I think credit is due. I point out what I feel is answers to common questions. I also try to find solutions to problems I can see.
If my posts appear negative to you and others for that matter I am sorry. I like many other people in EA Land are negative about a lot of things going on in there at the moment. I am also positive about others and have said so.
If I didn't feel the plans they had for the game had real potential I wouldn't be here. I also feel that if they don't do something about the reasons behind why the payouts are so low, their plans have atleast a decent chance of failing.

Z

Zsazsa Zee

WOW....you put a lot of thought into this. I appreciate that. It's nice to see suggestions(whether we agree with them or not ) instead of just complaints.
Thank you for your time and effort

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanx Niki. I don't mean to sound like I am attacking you here. I accually have a lot of respect for you and your efforts, but why would I bother.
It looks very much like the "who the hell does this guy think he is" atitude had been taken here, looking at the lack of interest in my post. Or maybe I am just right off track. Either way I don't see any point in doing any more. I don't feel I can even comment on donovans post as it would be taken as sour grapes or bashing donovan, who by the way is someone else who's posts I respect.

[/ QUOTE ]
If there's something about my idea that you think is wrong, or flawed - say so. It's just an idea. If it's fatally flawed, I'll move on to something else - if not, then maybe it's something that can be worked out.
If it's more like you don't like my posting an alternative idea in your thread, then I don't know what to tell you except it happens all the time; ideas get presented, analyzed, picked apart, new ideas surface, etc. - no criticism intended.

G

I have thought for some time now about your idea and I feel there is 2 things in particular you would have to work on. One you have already thought about yourself which is the difference between the sale and buy price. With such a large difference as you said will leave an opening for EA to be undercut. In my thoughts about this I went searching on the net for websites that used to sell simoleans. I found one that is already selling simoleans to EA Land at a cheaper price than EA. "hope that doesn't get this post cut out, I am just trying to explain something here. not cause any trouble." There are still several sites with players "previous sellers" who I know are in EA Land. These people I am fairly sure would still have a large customer base still in the game. I think having such a large difference between the sale and buy prices with EA would definitely cause a problem. Infact even a 30% difference would cause some problem and would get worse the higher it went. The second thing that needs to be looked at is also to do with the 10,000 simoleans "rounded figure" to $1 US buyback value. I think it would make it so products being made by players to sell in game, something that I want to get into myself, would be out of the reach of simoleans made in the game. For the seller to get $2 real for their product, 20,000 simoleans would be required.
I hope I haven't sounded negative or seemed like I am bashing you. That most definitely is not my intent.

G

So long as no-one gives any specific names of such sites its perfectly okay to talk about it.

Polly

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think thats good the 1: 10 ratio with selling back. it will just force private simoleans seller. instead selling back to ea for a 1:10 they just will sell them private cheaper then ea does

there are already a few sites around and i am sure everyone knows them already

[/ QUOTE ]
On reflection, I agree - the cash-in/out option did not exist in the production cities, and so, does not scale down like the other numbers. I think something more like 2:1 or less - or possibly 3:1 would be more like it - just guessing, tho.
Still, the actual numbers don't matter at this time; the question is - is the concept sound?

G

<blockquote><hr>

So long as no-one gives any specific names of such sites its perfectly okay to talk about it.

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanx Polly

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't read all of if.. Maybe a 4th.. And I realize everyone has a right to voice their opinon. But if it's al negative it gets annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]
At least he has the guts to post his ideas for all to see.
When you have put *your* neck on the block, then maybe your criticism will sound less like a school yard bully trying to stir up trouble.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
When you have put *your* neck on the block, then maybe your criticism will sound less like a school yard bully trying to stir up trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you Donovan.
Also in discussing your idea, can we also discuss mine. where you feel it needs to be addressed.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have thought for some time now about your idea and I feel there is 2 things in particular you would have to work on. One you have already thought about yourself which is the difference between the sale and buy price. With such a large difference as you said will leave an opening for EA to be undercut. In my thoughts about this I went searching on the net for websites that used to sell simoleans. I found one that is already selling simoleans to EA Land at a cheaper price than EA. "hope that doesn't get this post cut out, I am just trying to explain something here. not cause any trouble." There are still several sites with players "previous sellers" who I know are in EA Land. These people I am fairly sure would still have a large customer base still in the game. I think having such a large difference between the sale and buy prices with EA would definitely cause a problem. Infact even a 30% difference would cause some problem and would get worse the higher it went. The second thing that needs to be looked at is also to do with the 10,000 simoleans "rounded figure" to $1 US buyback value. I think it would make it so products being made by players to sell in game, something that I want to get into myself, would be out of the reach of simoleans made in the game. For the seller to get $2 real for their product, 20,000 simoleans would be required.
I hope I haven't sounded negative or seemed like I am bashing you. That most definitely is not my intent.

[/ QUOTE ]
Valid point - please see my reply to HotDevil.
No bashing perceived - no offense taken.

Keep in mind tho, that CC sellers have the option of pricing however they please, and the ability to sell many dozens (if not hundreds) of copies.

G

The concept is sound. BiteMe brings up a good point about the cash-in/cash-out; though I'm afraid there will always be a market for "third-party"simoleans regardless of EA's pricing, which will only keep the bot business humming... But, try to undercut the botters, and the game could go bankrupt from people using the game to cash out simoleans for dollars...

Yes, I really do believe opening up the game to the outside economy like that was just a terrible idea.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The concept is sound. BiteMe brings up a good point about the cash-in/cash-out; though I'm afraid there will always be a market for "third-party"simoleans regardless of EA's pricing, which will only keep the bot business humming... But, try to undercut the botters, and the game could go bankrupt from people using the game to cash out simoleans for dollars...

Yes, I really do believe opening up the game to the outside economy like that was just a terrible idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although botters are definitely the main problem with what you have just said. there is also another problem that will keep the prices lower than the average person would be able to deal with. It is possible to have several accounts and do many money objects together on one computer. For example I myself was making 17k an hour doing 2 teams of code manually on 1 pc. That was before payouts went down a couple of days ago. I was trying to build up enough simoleans to build and stock a store. With the right gear you could run 30 accounts doing single player objects manually spending your time claiming your payout one after the other. Even without bots, payouts would have to remain somewhere around where they are now. That is unless changes are made of some sort, hence my post.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you Donovan.
Also in discussing your idea, can we also discuss mine. where you feel it needs to be addressed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Basically - your idea is workable. Forget about specific numbers for now; the idea could be made to work.
But, there is one major hurdle, and that is; it's complexity.
As a game designer myself (on a much smaller scale than the devs here, of course) I can tell you that implementation of your system would take a great deal of coding. The devs history (and I do not mean this as a slam against them) suggests that they would prefer an easier route. But - who knows?
I would suggest you take Niki's advice and post it on the blog, or wiki, or whatever it is. If you don't know how (me either), I'm sure there are plenty of folks who would be willing to help.

P

PB Three

I like this "Sim Gold" idea. Perhaps it could be extended to facilitate TSO casinos without getting Feds mad at EA/Maxis. Taking away casinos was a BAD idea, and thoroughly...... annoys me.

And yes, botting NEEDS to be stopped. (No more AFK/botting stores.) I don't need to point them out as they do that themselves. :p
(I'll point out a couple as an example)

I know for a fact that the #1 and #2 stores in EA Land are botters, AFK-ers, and use alt-sims to unfairly boost visitor time.
It's hurting other players, and ruining the 'store' catagory.

EA/Maxis needs to ignore the $100+ monthly income per botting shop-keeper &amp; actually enforce the ToS.

EA/Maxis, this was once the pride of online games - we (the players) can help guide you to the true ressurection of this magnificant game.

The honest and heart-felt words of a Founder that started in Oct 2002,

PB Three

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you Donovan.

[/ QUOTE ]
Basically - your idea is workable. Forget about specific numbers for now; the idea could be made to work.
But, there is one major hurdle, and that is; it's complexity.
As a game designer myself (on a much smaller scale than the devs here, of course) I can tell you that implementation of your system would take a great deal of coding. The devs history (and I do not mean this as a slam against them) suggests that they would prefer an easier route. But - who knows?
I would suggest you take Niki's advice and post it on the blog, or wiki, or whatever it is. If you don't know how (me either), I'm sure there are plenty of folks who would be willing to help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok now I have incentive to do so, this morning I felt I would be wasting my time as it appeared my idea must be either completely flawed or people were viewing me as some sort of trouble maker or someone talking through my a..
My idea shouldn't be to complicated for them to implement.
Basically what they would need to do is convert the ATMs to buying and selling sim gold. Then they would need to put in what I feel would be a trade box to trade the gold for simoleans. Maybe you can help me there with explaining this out properly. You seem to be better with wording things out than I am.

G

I'm really sorry if my post this morning made you feel like i was bashing your idea, nothing could be further from my intention. Some ideas just require collaboration from many sources to fully develop. If you guys want to put it together for me I will post it on the wiki for you, if you cant yourself of course. I love when the community comes together to solve problems and make an idea a reality. Good job!

G

No Niki I didn't think you were bashing me at all, and I also diddn't mean to sound like I was you. I was simply looking at the lack of responses. It really seamed I had wasted my time. Nothing to do with what you had said, I was more having a winge to you than having a go at you. And I did appreciate your suggestions, just didn't at the time think it worth while.

G

Not completely, I have cancelled 6 of my 7 accounts though. Still finding it a little hard to find some direction in the game. But I will hang around a little longer to see what happens.

C

Cruz Cavera

<blockquote><hr>

Not completely, I have cancelled 6 of my 7 accounts though. Still finding it a little hard to find some direction in the game. But I will hang around a little longer to see what happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, well.. I read you other post about leaving.. By the sound of that post I figured you were gone.. Great you stayed though..

D

DGLita

<blockquote><hr>

And yes, botting NEEDS to be stopped. (No more AFK/botting stores.) I don't need to point them out as they do that themselves. :p
(I'll point out a couple as an example)

I know for a fact that the #1 and #2 stores in EA Land are botters, AFK-ers, and use alt-sims to unfairly boost visitor time.
It's hurting other players, and ruining the 'store' catagory.

EA/Maxis needs to ignore the $100+ monthly income per botting shop-keeper &amp; actually enforce the ToS.

PB Three

[/ QUOTE ]

I also dislike that certain stores keep afk sims on their lot to manipulate the top 100 list, and I dont do it. But I DO keep my store(s) open AFK, and I do this specifically because i was told by the devs that I could. I even have a message from one of them that I have kept, giving me permission to keep my store open AFK. So is there really an argument against AFK stores when we have been given permission to do so by the Devs?

Manipulating the top 100 list however, is a different matter and one they DID take issue with, but with all the other probelms they are dealing with at the moment, I dont think it is very high on their list of priorities

C

Cruz Cavera

Same here..But sometimes it isn't always their sims. I normally don't go to a store based on to it's position on the Top 100 List. I usually hop and find the best bargins.

I

imported_Shirl1211

I understand exactly what you mean *after reading other post and then going back to read yours again* That would help the economy of the game and put a plug in the botters pots. Its worth a try at least.

I

imported_Shirl1211

Donavan...You are definately smarter then the average bear. I love the way you simplify things for people like me. BTW..I'm in total agreement.
DONAVAN FOR PRESIDENT?......*ducking*