• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Silver Serpent Venom

M

MrMarcus

Is there any skill needed to collect Silver Serpent Venom efficiently?
Cause it takes me more than 30 tries before I am able to drain all the venom (2 vials) from a silver.
And with every fails, "you seem to anger the beast!", makes it instant attack.

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
are you using the snake charming flute beforehand?
(i'm unsure on skill - i don't think it takes any, but i can't remember if that's exactly correct or not)

M

MrMarcus

are you using the snake charming flute beforehand?
(i'm unsure on skill - i don't think it takes any, but i can't remember if that's exactly correct or not)
Not using the flute before.
Is that craftable?

P

pacific lily

Yes, by a carpenter that has 40 musicianship. I think GM carpenter but I'm not sure on that. It requires boards/logs and luminescent fungi.

If you charm it with the flute, you can get 2 vials of venom off the serpent. Then if you kill it you have the chance to get an additional vial off the corpse. I am not sure what the skill needed is, I happen to use a 4xlegendary bard to get venom and I'm usually successful, but it could have nothing to do with music skill.

Lily

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you're on Europa, give me a shout, we have a nice stash of the flutes and I'll be happy to let you have a few :)

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah, if you use the flute to 'charm' it, you'll find it a million times easier to get the venom. You just play the flute and if you do so successfully, you get a targetting cursor. Target the snake, then the ground near you, and it will move there and stay paralyzed for a short period of time. It can take something like up to 6 or so times, but usually you can get the venom in 2-4 tries.

as far as needing barding skills to play the flute, you don't have to have in (in fact, i soulstoned my 40something musicianship after making my flutes and have been doing just fine with the snake charming)

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just kill them its SOOO much faster and easier

Kill them off you can get about 1 from every four, EVs do the trick quite nicley

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't need any music/bard skill to use the snake charming flute to harvest venom. I use one on my stealther to collect it with little or no combat.

M

MrMarcus

If you're on Europa, give me a shout, we have a nice stash of the flutes and I'll be happy to let you have a few :)
I'm on Atlantic, but thanks :)
I have a carpenter and a bard, my soulstones would do the rest

thanks

M

mjolnir131

when did it change to luminest fungus the ones i made the first day took blight

M

MrMarcus

I don't know about the blight since it's the first flute I made tonight.

And yes, it does work!
No specific skill needed to use it... And I milked it successfully in no time.

M

Myna

as GM poisoner you have a chance to get additional venom when milking, up to 5 (5 is very rare) per snake

M

mjolnir131

I've been robbed i want my 10 blight back I knew i should have only made 2

D

Dragonchilde

You can milk 2 venoms off of a charmed serpent, FYI. And they'll still drop at the same rate, too.

L

Lady Miriel

what is used to milk them? empty bottle? where do i get the vials?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you can make the vials with glassblowing, but most people just kill the snakes and get vials that way, they're not all that rare.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My technique is cast invis and get silver serpent to target you, wait till it's almost biting you then target yourself and bring up the snakes healthbar, use the flute target the snake healthbar (then last object last target if it fails), this allows you to use the vials without moving, double click a stack of the vials and target the snake the do last object last target repeatedly till you get them message that all the resources are harvested, run off and cure/heal and go back and kill the serpent (so a new one will spawn). If it moves away while you are targeting and the flute succeeds then quickly run over and stand on it while drawing the venom vials. You will get 2 vials every time with this method.... well except when you get bit before you hide.