• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] Silver-etched maces. Bye Bye!

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Silver-etched mace was my favorite weapon to craft until 2008 Halloween introduced the Conjurer's Trinket [undead slayer tallisman] that ruined it for me, if not further for crafting. :yell:

I would buy whatever blue diamonds I could find and burn many bronze runic hammers and keep only ones with Mana and UBW. The number of keepers would be extremely low, especially if also with HCI and SSI. That fun is now taken.

Just a thought.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't see a problem at all from the trinket.

Using the trinket AND a S-E Mace means you don't have to casst Enemy of one anymore, allowing many people to further reduce the amount of chivalry on their template.

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So they stack, Basara? If so, would a Repond slayer alos stack with say a Vermin Talisman to increase damage on the Ratman Champ?

R

RichDC

Oh and im pretty sure it works that if a Repond Spellcaster casts on you with the tali on it actually increases the damage you take.

T

Turdnugget

I thought it was only if it's the opposite slayer you take double damage?

Like if you're doing a rat spawn with Conj Trinket you take double damage. And if you're doing undead spawn with Soulseeker (repond) you take double damage.

R

RichDC

Normally its if you have the opposite slayer you do half damage, not take double damage.

Try it with a friend, get him to cast flamestrike on you...then polymorph into an orc and repeat, funny as F*CK!!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Rich, no, you do full normal damage with an opposed slayer, and take double damage from those opposed creatures.

It's been tested repeatedly by players, and stated repeatedly by devs. Go equip an undead slayer and a conjurer's trinket, and get hit by an ogre.

My tests:

Normal weapon, normal talisman vs ogre: ogre took 30-33 damage, I took 3-4
Undead Slayer weapon, normal talisman: Ogre took 30-33 damage, I took 5-7
Undead Slayer weapon, Conjurer's Trinket: Ogre took over 30 damage, I took 7-10 damage.

O

Old Man of UO

I still make them and hope someday to get one with Demon Slayer property for Doom. Anyone make one yet?

So far the best one I've made with a bronze runic gave me
Undead Slayer
HML 47%
HLD 36%
SSI 30%
DI 39%

Now if that one only had Demon Slayer on it...

D

Dmaninuo

ya, after burning god only knows how many hammers, I have a complete set of undead/repond.demon.arachnid.ect Its ok in doom, but I didnt notice anything spectacular. I just wish the undead/reptile one worked against the undead dragins in illshenar like I hoped.