• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Selling] Silver @ 40 per...

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stocked in stacks of 2k at my Vesper vendor house. First house north of Vesper on the Road to Minoc.

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sell to the New Mag Commodity Broker "dessiree" Buys at 40 per

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I try and avoid selling to comm vendors, others might want it as well.
then whats the point of commodity brokers if nobody uses them i know mine cost me a mil a week just to keep them there if nobody uses them kinda pointless for me to keep them going thanks for the heads up ill forget about trying

ohh yea my vendors all resell so they can be rebought by anyone but still if everyone feels the way you do then screw it right?

Seldon_SP

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
ohh yea my vendors all resell so they can be rebought by anyone but still if everyone feels the way you do then screw it right?
Easy Sprago. Not everyone feels the same way. I for one have sold a great deal of leather and excess imbuing ingredients to your commodity brokers. And when crafting, I find it very useful that they also sell commodities. They provide a great service to all Siege players, both new and established.

I can see Rumpy's point about those brokers that don't sell though. I find that silver, in particular, is hard to get hold of. Many people prepared to buy and few prepared to sell, even at a substantial profit.

If the Magincia vendors are used as intended, as commodity "brokers" then they're a substantial benefit to all the Siege community. However, if (like many are) they're just commodity buyers, then only the farmers benefit.

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can see Rumpy's point about those brokers that don't sell though.
I know and i see that point as well but mine all resell so thats not a valid point when talking about our Commodity Brokers. I too hate seeing Commodity brokers that just buy and dont resell

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
then whats the point of commodity brokers if nobody uses them i know mine cost me a mil a week just to keep them there if nobody uses them kinda pointless for me to keep them going thanks for the heads up ill forget about trying

Im not trying to say dont sell any, I am simply saying there are some people who sell to commod vendors and those without commod vendors can never buy. Its good to spread the love brother!

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And some of us just came back and do not feel like foolign with a commodity vendor. I do sell to yours sometimes Sprago (not silver but other things) but half my motivation is getting people to know where my vendor is located so when I put other stuff up there and post it here they will know where to go. Silver is usually a sure fire seller so I chose to sell it there. it is also one location secured inside a house while I stock things.

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't get the argument of something being wrong with commodity vendors who are buying and not selling. Aren't the ones doing both just profiting for no work. It seems similar to buying from someone's vendor only to sell at your own for a higher price.

The ones just buying will most likely be using the actual items and not just reselling them in their same form for a higher price.

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't get the argument of something being wrong with commodity vendors who are buying and not selling. Aren't the ones doing both just profiting for no work. It seems similar to buying from someone's vendor only to sell at your own for a higher price.

The ones just buying will most likely be using the actual items and not just reselling them in their same form for a higher price.
Im not saying anything is wrong with them, I just prefer to let anyone buy them and not just sell to one person.