• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

silly question de jour Taming issue

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ok i broke down and got mythic token and made a tamer (not sure if this was good idea or not because i think its better to learn to dance along the way)

can i go from 90 to 120 using just combat training??
if so how?
does it matter what i pick say as one over empowerment etc

once i am ready there will be many many more silly questions...

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Ok i broke down and got mythic token and made a tamer (not sure if this was good idea or not because i think its better to learn to dance along the way)

can i go from 90 to 120 using just combat training??
if so how?
does it matter what i pick say as one over empowerment etc

once i am ready there will be many many more silly questions...
Yes, you can go from 90-120 just using taming mastery. You need a taming mastery book, doesn't matter which one. All you have to do is use it so the window selection pops, you don't have to actually select an ability. You can just close the window and use it again. Technically you don't even have to close the window.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Southpaw is pretty much on, but I’ll just add a little to what they said.
You will need a book of masteries. They are pretty easy to get, if you’re on Atlantic, I’ll give you one.
You will also need a primer for animal taming. Here it doesn’t matter which you get, but the level 3 primer can be really pricey. Level 1 taming masteries are pretty much a “throw on the ground” primer. Again, if you’re on Atlantic, I can give you one. I have a level 2 I can give you.
To make it work, just have a pet, any pet will do, and set a macro to use Combat Training and target your pet. That’s it. You don’t need to pick anything or close the window. It’ll still be slow and please for all that is good, don’t do it afk. Watch some Netflix or read a book but be at the pc.

Last edited:

SouthPaw

Lore Master
What's nice is you can gain taming while hunting or questing or while training/skilling pets. I once gained nearly a full point while doing shadowguard with my guild.

Rhafiki

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
also helps to have a nice MR/int/mana suit while training. if doing it in your house, some junk cursed items work really well.

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Keep in mind the mastery will only train taming and not lore. That will have to be trained separately with this method.