• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Silent Sojourn - Valentine's Day 6pm PST/9pm Eastern

Noble Beast

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*posted in most public gathering spots*

To consecrate the newly built Temple of Thorn, honoring the Virtue of Spirituality, Lady Claudia Drusilla, the Regent Priestess, will lead a silent procession from the Eternal Flame at Britain's Memorial for the late Lady Aino Nystad to the HearthFire Isle in Malas. Please observe respectful silence for our fallen friends & lost souls, during this procession & lighting ceremony.

The death of Uba at the hands of Dante (Magincian Leadership), the loss of Jenkins, and the Virtue Town Riots have inspired us to promote peace.

The night of our Roman Saint Valentine seems appropriate to honor our dead & living with love. 6pm PST/9pm Eastern

Noble Beast

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[OOC: This Event will be short & sweet. Special Gift Bags will be given to WildStar of Dawn; Alouenikah the Ilshenar Gypsy,; Grey Holland; Amber Witch; Mama Faith; Tatiana of Felucca's Magincia; Britannian Royal High Councillors Lord Elladan, Ta'lin Birdsong, Fig the Ancient, & Fern Goodfellow; and, Toni Fierce, Lil Debi, & Dixie of M!S. A Cartel TownShip Representative (s)? SK, Wario?

The Roman Festival of Lupercalia (taken from a pre-history fertility rite to honor Februa, earth goddess) was a time of celebratory cleansing with fire & water - allowing the light to dry up the tears of loss.

The Ceremony is to bring the Eternal Flame of Love to the the Thorn Temple in HearthFire Village & to announce the forming of Matron's Council (a group of nine leading Roman Matrons to guide a new bride) for Lady Claudia's betrothal. A marriage announcement with be made at a later date.]

Noble Beast

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Claudia glanced at the note Cymidei Fier had given to Trina outside of the Sea Witch*

Lady Fier sends a message to your people at HearthFire...naming her price "She will be allowed to use any means she deems necessary to perform the Resurrection. Cymidei goes on to ask for some unusual things in her letter...

The Resurrection will take place in HearthFire Village and an ankh must be present. Cymidei also requests that the place chosen for this act be cleansed thoroughly and that pure lilies and flowers without any taint or blemish be placed throughout the entire village. Every light is to be lit and every hearth lit with fire.

All of the villagers and everyone who knows Claudia must be present and come dressed in pure white clothing and bearing candles.

Cymidie's demands are great. Claudia thought. There were no goats, bloody rituals, undead, necromancy or occult stuff. I expected a horrific rite. Cymidei has requested a complete cleansing of HearthFire and pure things...done! Perfect timing, she has. Claudia smiled at her always honest, sometimes brutally blunt, ally. This sounds more like a prayer and focus on the virtues! Claudia chuckled. Is she making concessions for me? After all of these years of distant admiration, could I have touched a heart from the Well of Souls?

[Thank you for attending the ceremony last night, Dark Tower Mistress. I still have GiftBags for those unable to attend. PM, email, or ICQ me, *smiles* You know who you are! *winks* In addition, if anyone catches a HearthFire resident snuffing their fire, because all fires will be lit by the Eternal Flame soon, then I will give you a GiftBag! Be warned I will verify your tale with the Villager that you claim to have caught! Also be warned of the Unicorns! lol Above all, have fun & enjoy our beautiful home. *smiles *proudly*]

Baja † Mistress of the Dark Tower
Cymidei Fier is offline Forward Message

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well dang! I've been out of town with no internet connection.

Sorry to have missed this.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Should have read it more clearly.

I'll be requesting my gift bag soon!

Also, did Cymidei Fier say she was quitting or something in another thread?

P

Paytience Fawn

Should have read it more clearly.

I'll be requesting my gift bag soon!

Also, did Cymidei Fier say she was quitting or something in another thread?
She did.. in the Farewell to Seppo thread.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Silent Sojourn: Dying for Love
WarderDragon

Word on the street is a marriage is coming, between Claudia Drusilla of Hearthfire, and the long lost brother of Elladan.

On Tuesday, people gathered at the Eternal Flame of Aino, to honor the fallen Uba Ptah Mun, whom some claim was murdered in cold blood at the hands of the vicious Dante of Magincia, and others who have fallen in the recent past. Leading the Silent Sojourn through the land, across the portal at the EM Hall and into Malas, Claudia and her retinue arrived at last to the Temple of Hearthfire, where she delivered a rousing speech “...to honor lost family and friends, and to allow our flames to dry your tears in the rapture of love.”

At this point, she led the procession in a tour through the recently reconstructed city, and announced her betrothal to the twin of Elladan.

I met this twin, called Elrohir, as I visited Luna earlier this week. Dressed in the accoutrements of a Ranger, and carrying an Elven Bow, he smelled of the outdoors, and could have passed for fraternal sibling if he wanted. He claims to have recently arrived by boat, having been separated from Elladan for decades. He seemed curious about his betrothed, and inquired if I knew her, to which I smirked, and replied I did.

- Nicholas Tarrant