• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

*sighs* EA/Mythic, where are we at now?

G

Siege is suffering. I suspect the other shards are too. Many folks are moving away to other places to play UO, Yes, some go play other games. The ones searching for UO in other places concern me.

Will we ever get those folks back? What would it take? I was just discussing this tonight. I remember always being able to find a trusty blacksmith at the forge. EA killed that. Now every one has a crafter. Once, it was a choice. Not so much any more.

I was a role player, back in the day. Hell, I started as a role player on Siege. That is a whole 'nother story though.

The keeping up with the Jones' aspect of the game is getting old. Yes, the items and loot are neat I suppose. More so on the other shards, I would guess.

This game is not about the items to me. It is about the players. Friends and enemies alike. Heh, I have as many enemy ICQs as friends. That is funny. *shrugs*

EA/ Mythic where are we going with this?

F

Fayled Dhreams

<center>Et Tu, Kelmo ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Say it ain't so

I

imported_Heartseeker

Almost everyone is concerned Fayled, do you get that?

It is almost laughable now.

As many have stated, silence is deafening.

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Siege is suffering. I suspect the other shards are too. Many folks are moving away to other places to play UO, Yes, some go play other games. The ones searching for UO in other places concern me.

Will we ever get those folks back? What would it take? I was just discussing this tonight. I remember always being able to find a trusty blacksmith at the forge. EA killed that. Now every one has a crafter. Once, it was a choice. Not so much any more.

[/ QUOTE ]

In my opinion,this is what it would take to get vet players to return and to tempt new players to give the game a chance.

1) Balance crafting part one--Smithing vs Tailoring. Leather should never give more damage reduction than metal.

2) Balance crafting Part Two-- Crafting vs Loot.You can play UO for years and never have to make a crafter. Crafters are the pedestrians of UO. Some days I have found better loot on an ettin than what my legendary smith can make outside of using a mid-level runic. Ettins and other low level monsters must know a "super duper" level smith that they get their loot from.

3) Marketing- How many of the gaming general public knows that UO is still around? I work at a large retail store that sells alot of online games. I can't remember the last time I have stocked UO merchandise on my shelves. On the other hand,WoW merchandise is delivered nightly. WoW has 10 million players.See the connection?

4)Graphics--Legacy graphics for nostalgia is okay but for profits,you must go first or third person 3D. From WoW to to the newly released "Burning Sea",shows that this is the future of gaming graphics.

5)Customiziable gameplay--Some of us play not for pixel-crack or phat lewt. Some of us play this game to Roleplay. The avatars are too generalized,my character looks too god-like. Not an ounce of fat on him!. What if I wanted to make a bald fat man to play a farmer from the outskirts of Moonglow? Well I guess I am SOL...unless I use the "bio" page and say my character is such and so..I look like every other male character in the game save hair and skin color. UO characters are the Borg...we all look alike and have been asimulated....

K

kennykilleduo

Some may say Uhall only is a small part of UO , but EA Mythic seems to be doing nothing , the we are excited , working on this and that, are nothing now , we need solid proof last month not next month...

C

Clx-

I just fail to see how it can take this long to give us some indication of where we're going with the game this year, and find it even harder to believe how they can't see how damaging this lack of information is.

Maybe they'll suprise us with a list that is going to completely revitalise this game. I'm not going to put money on it though.

G

If UO was really going to be canceled in the near future, why would EA spend so much money moving the team to a different location?

*shrugs*

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

If UO was really going to be canceled in the near future, why would EA spend so much money moving the team to a different location?

*shrugs*

[/ QUOTE ] For another game that EA thinks will sell better to the public

B

Babble

My guess is trotting on.

It is a pity ea never considered 'themed' shards and Siege also never got the attention it should have. Setting up a shard and changing the rules and systems cannot be that hard or take that long.

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

*shrugs*

[/ QUOTE ]

Less to pay for unemployment insurance AND can offer them jobs on this warhammer crap

I

imported_Castor

i heard they are recoloring the valentines this year from the normal red to pink...

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Castor why would they of changing color when all they have to do is change just one number 2007 to 2008.

I

imported_Sarphus

<blockquote><hr>

i heard they are recoloring the valentines this year from the normal red to pink...

[/ QUOTE ]

DUDE!
that's awesome!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<center>Et Tu, Kelmo ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Say it ain't so

[/ QUOTE ]

¿Y tu Kelmo?
or
¿usted también Kelmo?

there ya go,

G

I'm a paragon of patience, the fact I'm frustrated by it only makes me wonder how others feel. The recent atmosphere in this forum alone is a pretty clear indication to me though.
The thing that makes me laugh about it all, is that all we want is some information, an MMO with (at a guess) less than 50k players has to be more secretive than some DARMA project, because we might get dissapointed. While I'm a huge fan of irony, in this case it goes behind even my tastes.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

But...the question on everyone's mind...can they top blessed bacon? Kind of a no win situation, really since no matter what they do, it is all a step down from blessed bacon.

-Skylark

[/ QUOTE ]

blessed bacon FTW

I

imported_Nestorius

The emptier Siege is, the better chance of getting ROT gains on my melee character without getting ganked. Yay! I still hardly train him though because I refuse to put magery on him and walking everywhere gets old.

F

Fayled Dhreams

Mechanic
Shakesperian reference ...
(check your "internet reference tools")

Noxin [LB]
Paragon: a model of excellence or perfection, Patience: the capacity, habit, or fact of being patient
(patient: 1: bearing pains or trials calmly or without complaint 2: manifesting forbearance under provocation or strain 3: not hasty or impetuous 4: steadfast despite opposition, difficulty, or adversity)

Just saying ...PoPs don't get "frustrated" ... they note the current conditions to the horizon ... then, plan and proceed accordingly.

Heartseeker
Sure ... the trollish ones may have a point ...
I mean, based on every other time that the "team" has had to "force march", from coast to coast, and merge with another branch/division, It has gone a lot smoother ... with a lot more information being dissiminated (step by step) and "production" skipping nary a beat ... and the few "skips" were quickly hot patched because the well rehearsed and indoctrinated "emergency proceedures" are continuosly indoctrinated, from and by, The ancient traditions ... stretching back to RG's greatgrandfather when he said to his young bride: "now dear, we need to thoroughly plan our next steps ..."

the trollish ones may have a point ... But ... I don't think so ... not that they need one ... not really in THEIR nature ... even at a quick glance: not really in THEIR nature.
Carefull study of trolls can show why they fear "silence", aside from starvation, ultimately, they see that they will be left alone with theirselves, their thoughts, their "introspection" ... a cruel trick of nature ... to be sure ... but a "just" end ... nonetheless ...

Patience can be a virtue ... depends on how one "practices" it.

As with all things that man "creates", there are three levels of being ...
The theory, the process, the skill.
The theory being the thinking of it ... the ideas, philosophies ... the "understanding" that exists at the time.
The process being the application of what theory indicates, A before B except for this condition, then D before E ...
The skill being the "level of proficiency" in applying the process under the theory.

Constant revision of the myriad, simultaineously on all scales, based on outcomes, growth, experience ... an awareness that even the "foundations" are subject to change ...
change is constant, and, variable over time .... no "instant" is permanent, yet, the future is always coming ...

*Breaths deeply*

Ahhhhhhh ... another day in the Milky Way, about 28,000 light years from the center of the galaxy, and about 20 light years above the galaxy's equatorial plane. Within the "Orion" spiral arm. Sol system, third rock from the Sun ...
ooo ! smoked Catfish for lunch today ...

G

Oh hey, we're playing semantics.
Please, try this one:

si·lence (slns)
n.
1. The condition or quality of being or keeping still and silent.
2. The absence of sound; stillness.
3. A period of time without speech or noise.
4. Refusal or failure to speak out.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds sexeh, maybe next they could fix the bugs plaguing the game? They better have something good to announce, because they're certainly taking their sweet arse time.

F

Fayled Dhreams

no, we're not ...

Can you "hear me" NOW ?
No ?

Fayled spikes a win ...
(yea !!!!)
Pwned ! P-P-Pwned I say!

K

kennykilleduo

As I have said before , They got our money , we get a broken game...

Does the Fayled one alway have to derail threads??

G

<blockquote><hr>

But...the question on everyone's mind...can they top blessed bacon? Kind of a no win situation, really since no matter what they do, it is all a step down from blessed bacon.

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course they can! They could give us a whole slab of blessed bacon rather than just one puny slice!

P

prostkr

i just spent an hour on the phone with EA......cant even get them to sell me some gametime codes........

B

Babble

You just lost the first round.
Remember!
Challenge Everything!

G

Aye. I guess my major concern is that EA doesn't seem to be doing anything about the serious pvp bugs: speedhacking, casting on the run, bypassing of skill timers, being able to run over fields, etc.

Secondly, on siege at least, there's a big problem with pvp balance in pets. This could be fixed, for the most part, by eliminating the relog-trick when the player or pet are in a battle, and severely limiting petballs. Right now, PvP is only marginally fun since it usually ends the same way, with me being dismount - pet ganked.

Third, I agree that crafters need a big boost. It should be possible to make any item in the game and crafted items should usually, if not always, be better than looted items.

Fourth, I'd like to see a fix of many faction issues... That's been discussed before and there's strong threads on the Factions forum about this.

Would that be enough to make me excited in the game again? I don't know. I'm kind of bored with it right now, and exploring non-EA servers, but I'm really kept in the game because of the many friends I have that I can share the game with. It hurts every time one leaves.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

Aye. I guess my major concern is that EA doesn't seem to be doing anything about the serious pvp bugs: speedhacking, casting on the run, bypassing of skill timers, being able to run over fields, etc.

Secondly, on siege at least, there's a big problem with pvp balance in pets. This could be fixed, for the most part, by eliminating the relog-trick when the player or pet are in a battle, and severely limiting petballs. Right now, PvP is only marginally fun since it usually ends the same way, with me being dismount - pet ganked.

Third, I agree that crafters need a big boost. It should be possible to make any item in the game and crafted items should usually, if not always, be better than looted items.

Fourth, I'd like to see a fix of many faction issues... That's been discussed before and there's strong threads on the Factions forum about this.

Would that be enough to make me excited in the game again? I don't know, but I'm really kept in the game because of the many friends I have that I can share the game with. It hurts every time one leaves.

[/ QUOTE ]

x2

An exact summary of my thoughts.