• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

*Sigh* Another annoying bug QA should have caught

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Make Keg of Invisibility Potions.

Take potion out of keg.

Potion reads 'Night Sight'

Still works like Invisibility.

Not too big of a deal, unless you are trying to sell individual pots on a vendor. People think you are trying to scam them with NS pots instead of Invis.

You would think QA would catch this when it was first introduced. Apparently not. Here we are 2 years later and its a problem.

G

They're a different color than Nightsight and anyone who uses Invis potions (ie your customers) are aware of the bug so it shouldn't be an impact.

I

imported_Lady Narsil

Even if the customers know about the problem it is still a problem in the long list of bugs that the devs don't bother to fix. So it is an issue.

G

not everyone knows the color of pots and what about the color blind people.

I

imported_MoonglowMerchant

I'd like to be able to stack stuff again.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

They're a different color than Nightsight and anyone who uses Invis potions (ie your customers) are aware of the bug so it shouldn't be an impact.

[/ QUOTE ]

My issue is :

1) Its clearly labeled wrong. Can it be that hard to fix a label?
2) It should never have seen the light of day if QA actually existed. They created a potion and said 'yup, says Invis - its good!' but never put it in a keg (kegs don't show properly) and they never took it out of a keg. Simple simple simple test cases.

Please fix it.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

It's still an old problem that a.) QA missed and b.) EA has failed to fix. It's about the norm for this game.

B

Babble

I guess they caught it, it just has no priority in fixing.

Seems they had no time to add the right label in the code and also they had no time to update the taste id code for that potion too.

Should not be too hard to fix, if you can spare the developer.

G

Babble's got it - I don't know when they caught it, but we do know about it. It just hasn't worked its way up the priority list. The list is... well, rather long, as you might imagine.

I

imported_Gwendar-SP

unless they rebugged it I think they fixed it - old potions aren't grandfathered

U

_Uriah Heep_

You would think QA would catch this
--------------------------------------

QA did catch this...
Historically, WE are QA