• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Siege Template Help

Old Timer

Adventurer
As my quick demise at the hands of the vile VvV members that raided the minutes before the Gov meeting yesterday proved, my template will need some adjustments in order to survive the "new age" Siege realm.

I am still building up Piram, but think the present skill base isn't close to competitive even if fully maxxed on points.

So please, all advice is welcomed. Here is the present makeup...

Swords
Chiv
Parry
Healing
Tactics
Anat
Resist

Stats = Int-40 (locked) Everything else going to Str / Dex

At least for now I solo a lot of PvM, where I can reliably (hopefully as I become more of a known quantity, I can tag along with some group \ guild hunts. Good way to get to know folks!)
But if you read my other posts, you will know that some PVP is also intended.

As a qualifier, I did not post this to the Warrior pages as I wanted only Siege player feedback.

Thanks in advance! *Salutes* "Sol Invictus"

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
drop healing and anatomy, add bushido and take all 6 skills to 120 and you'll have a solid build that can do PvM (with double axes/bladed staffs and swords mastery) as well as PvP (with a bokuto and bushido mastery). This is asuming that you have a low enough ping to keep up with people/run away if necessary.

The major problem will be that in order to effectively utilize chivalry in PvP you need to have 4/6 casting on the suit and that will be expensive to fit on there along with all the hci, dci and other required mods. It can be done, but you'll have to farm up lots of special imbuing ingredients to make it work. Always keep around 3 spare suits ready in case you get drylooted.

Old Timer

Adventurer
Great to see you're still about Riz!
No, not much of anything. When I left all those years ago, I gave over my primary account to one of the other Knights with the original Piram.
I've reactivated two alt accounts so I'm "re-birthing" Piram, and have a crafter. They had some coin, so I do have a home - but not a lot beyond that.

Max, I have seen many discuss Bush as a PvP skill. I've never had a char that sported it, but if that works in the current age, I'll certainly move to it.
I take it there is an alternate heal with Bushido (Don't know much about the skill, never looked into it), and the drop of anat will not affect much beyond healing with bandies?

Any pointers on getting Bushido up the fastest way? (I realize time is a factor on Siege gains. One of the reasons I'm here again and not on a prodo shard)

Thanks! *Salutes* "Sol Invictus"

Rizarium

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have been gone a long time. Do you know about masteries? This is useable in most skills after 90% skill. I would recommend buying 5 soul stones and a mythic token. I think the must have skills in addition to what you presently have, would be:
Archery
Spellweaving
Bushido
Necro ( the only skill you missing for nice PVM template)
Ninjitsu, hiding and stealth
If you could add Taming and Lore, the new pet changes are fairly overpowered.

of course a 4/6 casting chiv dexxer is still pretty awesome in the right armor.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ok first don't drop any skills, get yourself several soulstones. Than instead of trying to change what you know why not make sure you are most effective with what ya have. make sure you are swingin weapon at cap, are ya running 120 dex for max quickness of bandaids? are you running max hci, dci, lmc??? macros are they set, pots, heals, equip last weapon, remove shield?? are you 120 in weapon skill? don't think that running 100 in swords is ok for anything besides dieing.
these guys are both right in what they are saying. chiv is really only good in pvp if you re running 4/6 casting, and that is very expensive on siege. there templates will also work.
The easiest thing to change in your temp would be to soulstone chiv and take up bushido. You will be ok in both pvm and pvp, notice bo didn't say great in either. Just make sure you understand the rules of bushido/parry and your should be able to survive.

Old Timer

Adventurer
Thanks to all the great advice... Riz, Max, and Bo
I've burned through the majority of my coffers at this stage (down to about 1/5 mil is all) - picked up 3 stones - so I can at least swap some skills about.
I have no stat or skill scrolls added in at this point, so I'm going have to farm for gold for a bit, and then pick those up to raise skills above 100.

A bit painful starting over... but I did this once... can do again!

Again thanks for all the great advice - at least I'm headed in the right direction now!

*Salutes* "Sol Invictus"

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bushido has three stances witch are tied to Bushido/ Parry.

First stance is Confidence its Bushidos heal. Its not instance its a 40 hp regen over 4 seconds, and you gain stamina with it to. The more you parry the more hps and Stamina you regain. Its something to use around when your at 80 to 75% of your hp.

The second is Counter Attack. If your in this stance you get a free attack when you parry a melee attack. If your going to use this you want low to no DCI. It will also trigger whatever weapon special you have qued.

The third stance is Evade. Evade will last 5 to 7 seconds, but can only be used every 20 seconds. It increases your Parry rate dramatically. You can block breath weapons and spells with it.

Those are the survival tools of Bushido.

Bushido doese extra damage with Whirlwind.

Lightning strike gives you 45 HCI with that move and a 20% chance to Crit at 120 Bushido.

Momentum Strike allows you to hit two targets. Second target takes more damage.

Nerve Strike with Bokutos its like Paralysis with extra damage based off Bushido skill.

120 Bushido / 120 Parry is 40% chance to block with 2 handed weapons and 35% chance to block with 1 handed.

Arradin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems like a perfect thread to borrow while keeping on subject.

I am looking to attempt some PvP, something i have not done since AoS ( Pre-P16 i used to PvP Alot with old classic archer/hally mage, but nothing is the same since then )

I am looking for suggestions on a beginner template for a Caster PvPer, preferibly something that could also do a bit of PvE. Any suggestions on something that isnt totally worthless, but at the same time easy to start learning with?

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
easy and caster basically won't go together well.

as a caster you're looking at well beyond 30 macros you will have to memorize and be able to hit blindly and furthermore you'll need to get the timing down which takes a long time as well.

That being said, the sooner you start the sooner you will make progress.

There are too many possible and viable templates to list. Basically what it comes down to is what you're used to play and what you want this character be able to do.

Basic questions to help with that decision (in no particular order):

1. you need defense against dexxers
2. you need to have a reliable way of healing and removing debuffs
3. you need a way to survive dismounts
4. you need to be able to dish out significant damage
5. you need a way to replenish mana

Whatever your answer to each of those questions is will define your template

Old Timer

Adventurer
Good information. I like Bushido as a skill so far - so thanks again pointing me in that direction!
Just need to continue my studies on all the combat arts... but getting there.

*Salutes* "Sol Invictus"