• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Siege rules confirmation

LordFenris

Visitor
Hello All!
I got a one question abut current Siege ruleset.

Are this rules:
  • Murderers and Criminals will not be able to kick/ban others from their home. In addition, if a murderer or flagged criminal opens the door to a house in which a blue player has banned players/monsters, the ban list for the house will be cleared
still exist ? Especially ask about rule part : "if a murderer or flagged criminal opens the door (and use teleporter?) to a house in which a blue player has banned players/monsters, the ban list for the house will be cleared"

Thanks for your help.

Edit : Please also ask the questions in my second post - below.

Last edited:

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
not true anymore. this was back in the day before private houses, where everyone could enter your house if the doors weren't locked and turned grey.
once banned a character remains banned from a house, no matter if reds open doors or use teleporters.

Rizarium

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where did you find that? Its been almost 17 years since any of that was pertinent.

LordFenris

Visitor
Due to the large differences between rules on UOGuide (last edited 12 january 2017 - Siege Perilous - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia) and Broadsword official website posted on October 9, 2015 (Siege Perilous – Ultima Online) - I kindly ask for information which of the rules listed below and indicated on UOGuide still apply on Siege :

a) The portal to the lawless town of Buccaneers’ Den is not present, but a moongate does exist.
b) Stealing – there are no skill or time requirements to join the Thieves Guild
c) The spells Blade Spirits and Energy Vortex have been weakened significantly
d) NPCs do not carry gold in their backpacks, preventing it from being stolen or looted on death
e) There will be Wandering Healers willing to resurrect those that stray from the path of good. (only on the old Felucca facet)
f) Characters that hue red will not be attacked by guards when they venture into town. Healing a red character is a criminal offence, but will not get you guard whacked.
g)Murderers and criminals will not be able to kick/ban others from their home, nor will they be able to log out instantly
h) Although you must still be in the Thieves Guild to steal from players, you will not be removed from the guild for collecting a murder count, nor are there any skill or time requirements to meet before joining.
i) Fishermen will notice a decrease in the rate that they find SOS bottles and will not be able to fish up treasure maps at all

I just need information for example:
a) true
b) true
c) false
e.t.c
Thanks

Last edited:

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
a) false, both a moongate and the portal from near Vesper exist
b) not sure, I'll let an actual thief answer this one
c) no clue what they are like on prodo, so again I'll let someone else answer
d) not entirely true. paladins for example have some gold but it is nowhere near enough to make killing them worth it
e) we have priests of mondain (red healers) who will resurrect murderers but not while flagged criminal
f) true
g) never tried to ban someone, so I can't really say. never noticed a delay when loging out unless I was criminal or combat flagged.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
a) The portal to the lawless town of Buccaneers’ Den is not present, but a moongate does exist. False, it was replaced a few years ago
b) Stealing – there are no skill or time requirements to join the Thieves Guild. Not sure, may still be true
c) The spells Blade Spirits and Energy Vortex have been weakened significantly. Not sure, I only play Siege
d) NPCs do not carry gold in their backpacks, preventing it from being stolen or looted on death. Not sure, may be false now, go kill one, they can't give murderer count now, they could that in the past.
e) There will be Wandering Healers willing to resurrect those that stray from the path of good. (only on the old Felucca facet) True, I believe we still only have red healer on the felucca facet.
f) Characters that hue red will not be attacked by guards when they venture into town. Healing a red character is a criminal offence, but will not get you guard whacked. True, but attacking a blue, npc or player in town will get you guard whached, unless VvV are active. However still some trouble with guards in battle towns
g)Murderers and criminals will not be able to kick/ban others from their home, nor will they be able to log out instantly. False, was removed, years ago.
h) Although you must still be in the Thieves Guild to steal from players, you will not be removed from the guild for collecting a murder count, nor are there any skill or time requirements to meet before joining. I believe this are still true, but not sure.
i) Fishermen will notice a decrease in the rate that they find SOS bottles and will not be able to fish up treasure maps at all. No idea, not sure if we have any red fishermen, who can ansvar this

You can't play the game you did 10-15 years ago, it is gone. You need to play the game we have now.

We have very few reds now as there are very little reason to be red other than for roleplay.
Murderer count can easy be removed now.
With VvV, you can attack other VvV for free and still use the Virtue for self res. Blue can attack you without risk for getting a count, however they will be orange to VvV for some hours or until they die to VvV

LordFenris

Visitor
Many thanks for you post FrejaSP.
It is a great honor for me that Your titled and experienced Person would like to participate in this discussion :)

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Skill was required to join a thieves guild when I joined. That was around the same time as Rico. I hope it hasn't changed. Only true thieves use disguise kits. Dungeon thieves and scammers don't need or should be allowed to use them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk