• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SIEGE ROT???

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Look if you are not going to change ROT on Siege Perilous...

Why not at least turn Black Rock back on?

I mean when that was active players from other shards was coming here like crazy...

PLEASE DO SOMETHING...

Black Rock would at least hold people over until u guy's do decide to make some changes....

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed. Siege is growing fast again, and it needs to developers to grow with it.

N

NyM

me nada english but me can say:

CHANGE ROT SCRUUUUUUUUUUBS xD

C

Calibretto

Look if you are not going to change ROT on Siege Perilous...

Why not at least turn Black Rock back on?

I mean when that was active players from other shards was coming here like crazy...

PLEASE DO SOMETHING...

Black Rock would at least hold people over until u guy's do decide to make some changes....
Blackrock areas would be a good start.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it would be an acceptable workaround. please use the time this will give you to actually fix ROT though and don't just leave it like that then...

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Siege is or carebares who wants to play that server? its laughable. I cant tell ya why I feel that way. but Im willing to bet my silver vanq longspear that real vets can figure it out. I cant offer up any armor for being a mage its not required.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There would be some nice fights in the Blackrock areas I would think :p

C

Calibretto

Siege is or carebares who wants to play that server? its laughable. I cant tell ya why I feel that way. but Im willing to bet my silver vanq longspear that real vets can figure it out. I cant offer up any armor for being a mage its not required.
Drunk?

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sir im gonna have to ask you to step out of the car and walk this here line

------------------------------------------

Ok, now extend both arms and touch your finger to your nose.

:shots:

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Drunk?
Nope not hardly I play in a glorious place with out tram,Aos Items/mods, Powerscrolls, every city has people in it , dungeons are busy,Factions have 1000's signed up and it truly makes siege look like carebear land. I play a fencer mage who for the most part rolls naked I have to rearm my long spear of para death after every spell. I have ran into alot of my old guildies from KGB-Siege. Im not some super trammie bashing siege I was a long time player of siege one of the first to play the server.

domii

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There would be some nice fights in the Blackrock areas I would think :p

You mean having siege vets camp the blackrock areas to slaughter newbies that are trying to work their skills?

Just fix RoT so it is useable. I've been working my skills for almost two months now, 3 skills in 80's, one in 90's and rest in 70's. Being stuck at 2.1 gains per day is just insane. It is going to take me 6 months to get to 120's.

But I may not be around that long, summer is short and I don't always have time to log in and play every day to work my char. You have a shard full of vets with developed chars, and it is impossible for a new player stuck in RoT to compete, for what is an eternity. This isn't 1998 anymore.

Erekose

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Drunk?
Nope not hardly I play in a glorious place with out tram,Aos Items/mods, Powerscrolls, every city has people in it , dungeons are busy,Factions have 1000's signed up and it truly makes siege look like carebear land. I play a fencer mage who for the most part rolls naked I have to rearm my long spear of para death after every spell. I have ran into alot of my old guildies from KGB-Siege. Im not some super trammie bashing siege I was a long time player of siege one of the first to play the server.
Not drunk...then stoned?

Nobody was bashing Siege here. Go back to your freeshard that probably has 20 players on it :)

C

CroakerTnT

I loved the blackrock training areas. Vmp would raid every 20 minutes on the clock, which made things exciting!

A nice change to blackrock would be to make one (1) blackrock training area somewhere in T2A, Fel, Tokunu, Ilsh, Malas, or the dungeons. Have that BR area be randomly generated every day at server up.

Everyone, and every guild, would have to search it out daily to either get the gains or pk's. It'd be particularly exciting if it spawned in a really nasty spot like the lich lord lair in deceit 3 or the shadow wyrm lair. :D

H

HaHa

Drugs are M'kay?

H

HaHa

Drunk?
Im from KGB as well, your name was?

H

HaHa

I loved the blackrock training areas. Vmp would raid every 20 minutes on the clock, which made things exciting!

A nice change to blackrock would be to make one (1) blackrock training area somewhere in T2A, Fel, Tokunu, Ilsh, Malas, or the dungeons. Have that BR area be randomly generated every day at server up.

Everyone, and every guild, would have to search it out daily to either get the gains or pk's. It'd be particularly exciting if it spawned in a really nasty spot like the lich lord lair in deceit 3 or the shadow wyrm lair. :D

I kinda like that

M

Masumatek

No. I'm completely opposed to blackrock gains on Siege. We've already had this discussion in length on the Siege forums.

Blackrock gains will not bring in anywhere near the population a major ROT change would. Blackrock gains did not bring in a significant amount of people when we had them before. Blackrock gains, imo, are not the magic solution many of you think it is for keeping the current new players we have from leaving. Blackrock gains benefit vet players far more than the new players we are trying to attract/keep.

Most importantly, if they implement blackrock gains again on Siege, I do not think they will give us a major ROT change for a long time if ever. You ask for blackrock gains as a temporary solution but I see it being a permanent one and a bad one. True, there's no way we can know for sure if this is how it would turn out. But it's not worth taking the risk. And even if they did continue working on ROT after implementing blackrock gains just as much as they are working on it now, time would still have been taken away from the real change, a major ROT change, since they would spend that time putting back blackrock gains. Siege is given very little attention and to waste it on a bad solution is not the answer.

We deserve a major ROT change and we need a major ROT change. We should not settle for anything else and asking for anything else only hurts Siege.

L

love2winalot

Most players have no idea what ROT really is. This is NOT what stops players from going there. You are not a NEW server, asking new players to join. This is an established server, asking current players to join. Oh, and you will never have a house here, unless you want to lose your house on your main shard. You can not transfer anything here, so those 7-10 years of vet rewars have to stay put,.........ie, on your main shard, in your house......

J

Jaimes

You mean having siege vets camp the blackrock areas to slaughter newbies that are trying to work their skills?
I started playing Siege during the Blackrock Gain event, and yeah, I got killed a lot. But at the same time it was awesome. To me that was the whole point of Blackrock... the huge risk involved. Yeah you could get a weeks worth of gains in minutes, but you had to come prepared to lose everything you brought with you too.

In regards to the original purpose of this thread, yes. Blackrock is not a permanent fix, but it is an excellent temporary fix. Being able to train through ROT with Blackrock gains made my ascent to a PvP-capable level fairly quick and only moderately painful. The rest of my time I wasn't gaining I spent amassing money, but the proportion of skill-gaining to gameplay wasn't ridiculous like the way it is normally. When you've played UO for 5+ years (as many who move to Siege have), you don't want to be forced to kill skeletons and lizardmen for weeks because the skill gain system is holding you back.

Tek

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a player who has played Siege on and off I do believe that more players would try, play and even stay on Siege if character skill development / ROT was easier.

M

Mechanic

how'd this post get back up here, oh thats right ROT is not fixed yet.

C

Calibretto

As a player who has played Siege on and off I do believe that more players would try, play and even stay on Siege if character skill development / ROT was easier.

Or at least come visit us from time to time. ^^

C

Calibretto

Most players have no idea what ROT really is. This is NOT what stops players from going there. You are not a NEW server, asking new players to join. This is an established server, asking current players to join. Oh, and you will never have a house here, unless you want to lose your house on your main shard. You can not transfer anything here, so those 7-10 years of vet rewars have to stay put,.........ie, on your main shard, in your house......
I'm all for letting you guys have a second house on siege. As long as you need to open the door once a week to keep it refreshed. So prodo shard players don't come here place a house then leave it.

H

HaHa

This is really a good point.

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They're just pixels. Let it go.

At the same time, it's not surprising to here this. Everything about the modern UO emphasizes the importance of pixels. The modern UO sets it up so the accumulation of pixels is the end game.

Just let it go.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
They're just pixels. Let it go.

At the same time, it's not surprising to here this. Everything about the modern UO emphasizes the importance of pixels. The modern UO sets it up so the accumulation of pixels is the end game.

Just let it go.

What you say is true, but......hasn't items always been the end game? Weren't Silver Vanq and Vanq weapons the desired items years ago? Wasn't Invulnerability Armor sets valuable? Valorite Plate demanded a premium price too.

Truth is with the 1 character per account rule of Siege it limits it's own popularity. By not allowing more characters many will visit siege, and find that they don't like not being able to diversify. For you obviously this isn't an issue as your know for playing a thief and I do really believe you enjoy that over any other play style. Myself I mainly play 2 characters...I have a Legendary Macer on Chessy and my Stealth Tamer on Chessy (Made before Stealth Tamers were popular so don't gripe anyone). That doesn't mean that's all I play though...I also have a full assortment of Mules, Mages, Necromancers, a Thief, and other templates I play with on occasion. I'm working on a Thief for Siege since picking are slim on Chessy, but Chessy will always be my predominate shard of choice because I have a house there.

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What you say is true, but......hasn't items always been the end game? Weren't Silver Vanq and Vanq weapons the desired items years ago? Wasn't Invulnerability Armor sets valuable? Valorite Plate demanded a premium price too.
I understand what you're saying, but they were really just a means to an end. The loss of the silver vanq wasn't the end of the world and the time you had playing with that sword and using it was about the experience actually playing the game.

A lot of the items you're lucky to get now-a-days are so rare that if something happened where it was suddenly gone and... you'd probably see a thread here on U.Hall about it and thoughts about quitting.

There were still rare collectors. There was still invulnerable sets, demon bone, and ranger armor that was locked down in houses. So maybe I'm wrong.

Truth is with the 1 character per account rule of Siege it limits it's own popularity. By not allowing more characters many will visit siege, and find that they don't like not being able to diversify.
The one set class that I think this helps with the most are the Tailors, Smiths, Bowcrafters and Carpenters. One of the biggest problems these people have, besides insurance, is that every other person has their own crafter. They can make everything themselves and are self reliant.

I think this upside trumps any other downsides that come with it.

(If it were up to me, I'd limit the number of Soulstones per account. 4 or 7 or whatever. But a limit.)