• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Siege Perilous

C

Czernobog

With all the ranting and ravings going on the boards for and against non consensual pvp. I have only one question for everyone who is complaining about trammel and pvp.

Why aren't you playing Siege Perilous?

It offers everything you are looking for, doesn't it?

No Trammel.
:thumbup1:

Non consenual PvP.
:stretcher:

No item insurance.
:eyes:

A better economy.
:grouphug:

I see a pattern here...

I've been away from the game for a long time. So please someone explain to me what Siege is lacking and why it is dieing?????

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
why do we get these posts in here about once a week?

anyways, insurance.

thats your answer.
people WANT insurance.

no one wants to spend a month making a suit or spending 10 mill on a suit and another 20 mill on a weapon to loose it to a gank squad.

everyone loves insurance.

if they didnt, they play on SP

i made 4 toons there, tryed it out years ago, ROT sucked balls but i powered through it and made my toons and played there for a year or 2

in the end the server was so small and the guys that did play rolled in small gank squads and it wasnt a interesting play area at all.

that answer your question for ya?

A

Always a Ghost

Well since I play on seige but not very much anymore how about I answer your question. The economy is ********, the prices mach almost every shard out there yet there is no insurance. Only 1 char slot is silly as well, if there is no insurance I want to be able to make my own items so need more slots for crafters. Fix the char slots and I am sure you will see many more peeps play

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I played on Siege, it's ok but it's still a Fail Shard. Seriously, sure the economy isn't really "better" it just works on a different principle. You know you are gonna lose it so you aren't going to spend a fortune on it.

Also without insurance you will never really balance out Siege, AoS making it an item based game dictates the necessity for insurance. I would have to say Siege is more imbalanced PvP wise than any other shard... I mean there is only supposed to be what Siege Blessed items and CBD's on non-mod giving clothing? Ok why have I seen stuff like blessed Inquiz's in folks with them running around with a Siege blessed weapon? That's an edge 1 free piece of good armor they can't lose, if I've seen it with one person there has to be others. Insurance is the the only way to keep the grounds between the "Have and Have-Not" crowds on a path of narrowing margins.

The PvP on Siege sucks more than on Prodo, I promise, there it's mainly a group of whiny house hiders running around Luna in the evenings. On Prodo you actually see Raids at spawns, come to think of it 90% of the time when I was checking a spawn wouldn't be going on, not so on Prodo usually at any given time either Barracoon, is going or one of the others. Sure other than that it's mainly smack talk at the gate, but at least it's action.....

A

Arch Magus

siege perilous is not fun. :grouphug:

Build it and they will come...

C

CroakerTnT

I played on Siege, it's ok but it's still a Fail Shard. Seriously, sure the economy isn't really "better" it just works on a different principle. You know you are gonna lose it so you aren't going to spend a fortune on it.

Also without insurance you will never really balance out Siege, AoS making it an item based game dictates the necessity for insurance. I would have to say Siege is more imbalanced PvP wise than any other shard... I mean there is only supposed to be what Siege Blessed items and CBD's on non-mod giving clothing? Ok why have I seen stuff like blessed Inquiz's in folks with them running around with a Siege blessed weapon? That's an edge 1 free piece of good armor they can't lose, if I've seen it with one person there has to be others. Insurance is the the only way to keep the grounds between the "Have and Have-Not" crowds on a path of narrowing margins.

The PvP on Siege sucks more than on Prodo, I promise, there it's mainly a group of whiny house hiders running around Luna in the evenings. On Prodo you actually see Raids at spawns, come to think of it 90% of the time when I was checking a spawn wouldn't be going on, not so on Prodo usually at any given time either Barracoon, is going or one of the others. Sure other than that it's mainly smack talk at the gate, but at least it's action.....
You are totally out of date. The cbd and bless deed issues were dealt with a good 4-5 years ago.

Insurance would be the death of siege. It would be no different than a prodo shard then, so we'd all move to freeshards.

With insurance, there's no real benefit to killing someone - except the thrill and the few k gold. You certainly can't loot a super-duper suit from them.

With insurance, thieves become useless.

Without insurance, there's a constant calculation of risk/reward which changes the game and definitely levels out the pvp. On Prodo, you need 100's of millions in gold to make a competitive suit. On siege, it's 100's of thousands. This is because nobody has the cojones to wear a full prodo suit on siege - because they would be ganked and lose it. This risk/reward calculation helps balance pvp, and allows newer/poorer players to engage in pvp at a reasonable cost. Imbuing has also helped here.

Insurance has no place on siege, and I for one would leave EA shards if it were implemented.

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
why do we get these posts in here about once a week?

anyways, insurance.

thats your answer.
people WANT insurance.

no one wants to spend a month making a suit or spending 10 mill on a suit and another 20 mill on a weapon to loose it to a gank squad.

everyone loves insurance.

if they didnt, they play on SP

i made 4 toons there, tryed it out years ago, ROT sucked balls but i powered through it and made my toons and played there for a year or 2

in the end the server was so small and the guys that did play rolled in small gank squads and it wasnt a interesting play area at all.

that answer your question for ya?
Ya and ur economy tables are way off weapons and items are hell of alot cheaper then they are on prodo... With Imbuing now suits are easily made and everyone is equal on the playing field ya some suits can be better then others but those others risk losing it to your ganks... Siege is a great place without insurance....

I believe RoT is teh reason people arent their right now they dont want to spend the time getting through RoT when on Prodo you set up a script 2 days later your character is done...

RoT prevents scripting skills for the most part..

Anyways its a great shard...

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
in my personal opinion, and this is coming from a player that had a keep on siege and played there for a number of years, siege is like the handicaped shard on UO.

seriouslly.
and its ROT that makes it that way.

you say that scripters cant work skills on siege but that is the furthest from the truth.
hell, you dont even need to script skills to make toons on siege.
you just need to wedge a penny into your keyboard and you can GM any skill (with pauses on your uoassisnt macro)

dont get me wrong.
siege serves its purpose.
i played there for years and had fun.
and i still go there and slum form time to time.

but people constantlly come in and ask the same question over and over.
why is there no one here on siege.

and its boils down to ROT and insurance plain and simple.

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Insurance was the reason I stopped playing prodo shards. I wasn't a PK but I was a thief. But then insurance came in and bam, I was bored. Sure I had other trained characters but the fun of stealing someone's items and running till i turned blue was the best bit for me.

Insurance does have its advantages, I'll agree with that.

But insurance isn't the problem with Siege. Whats the problem, in my opinion, is that the shard isn't be used to its fullest. I'd simply like to see Siege get some love, i.e. some features that make Siege what it is. Some little extra TLC to make it more unique. I'm not talking earth shatteringly new concepts. Just something.

People can play whatever shard they like and do whatever they want.

Just annoys me when people respond about a subject, like Siege Perilous, in a one sided 'I'm right, and no one else can be' attitude. I'd love to see more people put some thought into their posts before they press reply and maybe a decent discussion can happen.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Just annoys me when people respond about a subject, like Siege Perilous, in a one sided 'I'm right, and no one else can be' attitude. I'd love to see more people put some thought into their posts before they press reply and maybe a decent discussion can happen.
oh man i hear ya.
its kinda like when people have threads in a forum dedicated to something and post something totally not related to that forum.

hehehehe

S

Sergul'zan_SP

Simple: Siege is designed to operate on the classic UO model.

The current model of Ultima Online encourages players to rack up on item properties and artifacts to achieve success. No insurance on Siege means that only the largest/richest guilds control the items and the shard economy.

While the shard does still have some remaining bastions of roleplayers and old timers, they are slowly deteriorating. Look at KSS...once among the proudest and most honourable guilds on the shard, now it is down to a subguild of another guild that appears to be a last ditch effort to unite those who play by an unspoken code of playstyle (this is only my interpretation, of course, so take it how you like).

Siege needs help. It needs a revert to pre-AoS.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You are totally out of date. The cbd and bless deed issues were dealt with a good 4-5 years ago.
Really? Cause I'm talking within the last year and a half seeing blessed inquiz being tucked safely in someone's pack...not to Blessed for: just Blessed...

Items slipped through I promise, I've heard of others but those I actually saw.

Oh and you don't need 100's of Mils to make a good suit on Prodo anymore, Imbuing fixed that. Come to think of it before imbuing I was building PvP quality suits for around 3-5 mil, mainly because I'm not to stuck up to PvM and get my own arties. Economy doesn't really wash, so you spend 100k.. how many times a year 5, 10, 50, 100, 150? Over time it balances out...

S

Sergul'zan_SP

because I'm not to stuck up to PvM and get my own arties.
Seriously? Character judgement on a game board? I happen to have a job that takes a significant amount of time, and a kid that consumes even more (happily so). I wouldn't mind getting my own artifacts if I had the time, but I don't. I also don't have the time to farm the gold to buy the items.

Regardless, people who don't want to PvM aren't "stuck up," they just don't care for the lack of challenge that PvM provides. In PvP, you are fighting against intelligent (mostly anyways) opponents that adapt to your every tactic. In PvM, you can quickly assess what tactics you need to use against a given monster and they never fail. What's fun about that??? ( I am making this argument strictly from the perspective that PvPers may not enjoy PvM, not trying to criticize PvMers for the style of play they enjoy! )

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Siege no longer works in the current state of the game. Siege used to offer something different from other shards, but the only thing it currently offers is frustration and a ruleset that no longer works in an item based game. It needs to be entirely revamped!

Dropping RoT and implementing Accelerated Skill Gain on Siege, is the only way to go.

One or more extra character slots should be added.

Increased cursed arties, all marties, Tok Majors, replica's and Doom artie drops would drop the cost to equip substantially, by making those items redily available and making relic frags redily available.

Droping the 3x cost to purchase gems from NPC's would also help to that end.

I believe the above changes would do a lot to help rebuild the population to some extent, but I'm not sure its quite enough.