• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Siege Perilous Museum of Marvelous Jewelry

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi!

I just wanted to announce that the SP-Museum of jewelry has moved from Safe Haven to New Magincia, where it now can be accessed within guardzone and just a short trip away from the moongate. After 3 years and over 4000 (!) visits (remember, that on SP you can only have 1 char per account), I hope I can give back the community something for its great support.

I remember that there were threads about museums in this subforum - thats why you can find some Information on this museum here.

First of all: Aim of the museum is to collect and display all kinds of rings, bracelets and necklaces from all periods and sources of UO. Given that Siege has a smaller market and a different EM program, the collection may be uniquely different - but it is intended to get all those items, which also exist on other shards.

The collection iself strongly relies on community support since it is not possible to farm all the items alone. Hence, many players - over 20 individuals - have donated exhibits, of which some are quite rare and expensive on Siege Perilous. As a token of appreciation, the museum has a Gallery of Distinguished Museum Donors (Statuettes with all names of donors) and the museum guide-books explain the items themselves as well as who donated them.

Here is a full list of the collection (November 2018):

As you can see, some items are still missing, either because they are items from past events or they are hard to acquire, because nobody farms them or they have a terrible droprate. All other items are already available! Thanks to the fantastic community of Siege Perilous and years of research and financial Investment.

And this is, how the museum looks like - since today it can be visited again. The inspirations came from my journeys to France and Britain and some books about romanesque and gothic architecture from the 12.-15th century.

Please note, that I will have some more work to do in the courtyard.

You are all cordially invited to visit the Siege Perilous Museum of Marvelous Jewelry!

Yours,

Dr. Alzheimer

Last edited: