• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Siege Perilous Governor’s Meeting 6-9-18

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Drakelord submitted a new Article:

Siege Perilous Governor’s Meeting 6-9-18

Siege Perilous Governor’s Meeting 6-9-18​

There was a lot of active on Siege Perilous yesterday, there was a wedding, (which I missed, sorry), the GIL monthly Auction, some really great deals, and a flaw found with the vendors as a stealthier was purchasing items off the vendor at the house sign before those that won the bid could purchase the items they won. I am sure that the GIL will be looking into ways to prevent this, I suggested they go to using trade windows. The Casher initiates the trade by opening the trade window, then places the items in the trade, the person that won the bid then puts in the gold amount paying for said items....
Read more about this article here...

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
why in that article does it say that it is illegal to block an entrance?
bo smells false reporting! typical of this shard and the holy rollers that claim to be so virtuous always claiming what Bo is doing is illegal.
Know the rules before you open your mouth and spread untruth!

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
that is not illegal on siege, assumptions it seems like you and some others love to make assumptions of things lately.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Well I can say that I will not be taking any more EM gates to the Serpent's Hold Palace for meetings, I will use the Portal to go to the Mint and walk in, I have better odds of making it that way ;) If I had been a few minutes late in getting there I would have died outside and not inside like I did, as the bridge would have been completely blocked as it is here in that picture..

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
source are multiple gms that have said that it is not illegal on siege. Also if it were so illegal why wasnt any of this dealt with?
your source clearly states fel, hence he is meaning a place where there is trammy land.
if you so desire trammy land you know where to go

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
source are multiple gms that have said that it is not illegal on siege. Also if it were so illegal why wasnt any of this dealt with?
your source clearly states fel, hence he is meaning a place where there is trammy land.
if you so desire trammy land you know where to go
So in other words, nothing to actually back up your statement.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Official words from 2008:

FoF: Far, Far Away
Jeremy Dalberg
03 Jul 2008 16:08:04

"What are the rules regarding blocking off areas in faction warfare?"

There are a couple of different possible cases - here is the breakdown:

Faction Vendors: There MUST be a path between or around them. If there is not, the GMs will take action.
In A Faction City (but not in the stronghold): If there are items placed in such a way that other players can't move them easily (many many candelabras on one tile, for example) the GMs will take action.
In A Faction Stronghold: Anything goes.
If the GMs are forced to take action in any case, they will delete the items/vendors that are blocking a player's path. The faction signup stone is a good indication of where a faction stronghold begins. Keeping that in mind, any blocking that occurs outside of that area may warrant action.

Post# 9 in this thread:
Factions 101

Question# 3 here:
Five on Friday - July 3, 2008 - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

Yes, the info is ten years old but it´s official info nevertheless.
However, if someone can find some more recent official info that says otherwise, by all means, please present it here.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thread has been cleaned up. Please keep all comments without any personal attacks or accusations. All posts that do not follow will be removed and warnings will be issued. Thanks for your understanding

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Thank you for finding those references, Tjalle. Reading the info from official sources, it looks to me like it depends on if there was only one candelabra per tile, or if an axed crate was used to deposit many on the same space.

There were three events that day, and each one had attendees who were not interested in politely sitting still. Any gathering of players on this shard has a tendency to attract predators and thieves, especially if it is announced in advance. The ''whole community'' includes these people. Expecting any event of any kind NOT to have some sort of disruption is a peculiar notion to me. Not planning for such disruptions is foolish. We each have the responsibility to take care of ourselves. Come prepared for a fight, or come dressed in clothing that you do not care about losing. If we fail to account for a certain tactic, then that is our own mistake and it would be best to learn from it.

Anything else is just ego and drama.

Last edited:

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, but the king has made it clear in the past two meetings that, much to his dismay, the only way to drive back the current invasion of orcs is to re-learn the long-lost art of thievery.
I get the impression he intends to mind-wipe up all immediately after the orcs are defeated and.... what was I saying? Something about mongbats? Never mind, can't have been important.
There are no thieves on Siege.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes a dev answered the question! HOWEVER in typical dev fashion she left the door open to interpretation. NO this is NOT legal. woah what's that a double negative :eyes:.
So the next time someone traps you, be sure to page a gm. Sure by the time they come the trap will have decayed but you will have your piece of mind, and no suit.
Cant wait to see you carebears out in the field.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes a dev answered the question! HOWEVER in typical dev fashion she left the door open to interpretation. NO this is NOT legal. woah what's that a double negative :eyes:.
So the next time someone traps you, be sure to page a gm. Sure by the time they come the trap will have decayed but you will have your piece of mind, and no suit.
Cant wait to see you carebears out in the field.
You made the post before her saying "This is a legal tactic" and she replied with a "No this is not legal and you should call a GM to get them removed.".
Her only crime is leaving out a comma.

Sounds to me you will continue to do illegal things ingame. Or did I read it wrong?

Just let it go, accept it and move on...

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, but the king has made it clear in the past two meetings that, much to his dismay, the only way to drive back the current invasion of orcs is to re-learn the long-lost art of thievery.
I get the impression he intends to mind-wipe up all immediately after the orcs are defeated and.... what was I saying? Something about mongbats? Never mind, can't have been important.
There are no thieves on Siege.
You lost me at "Undead Zombie Upsurper"

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been blocked, and have blocked others since I came to Siege in 2004, and I've never been paged on. In fact, here's a fun pic from when I was in TO fighting KOC... they blocked the hell out of my house. Did I cry? No. I called a damn GM and he said "dammit.. ok. Give me an hour and I"ll have this cleared up"

pathetic.png