• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Siege Perilous Forum is still getting forum PvP? Why...There's nothing to promote...

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Siege Perilous Forum is still getting forum PvP? Why...There's nothing to promote

It's between Fudd and Diablo. Does it even classify?

That's like PvP between Petra and Kelmo...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Re: Siege Perilous Forum is still getting forum PvP? Why...There's nothing to promote

I think I could take her... *winks*

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

foresaken siege is still the awesome shard it once was it just need poeple now. It sucks that so many people are addicted to insurance but hey siege isnt for everyone, and before you say its not because of insurance yes it is thats why so many poeple left because they didnt get there sell backs and ran away crying

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

foresaken siege is still the awesome shard it once was it just need poeple now. It sucks that so many people are addicted to insurance but hey siege isnt for everyone, and before you say its not because of insurance yes it is thats why so many poeple left because they didnt get there sell backs and ran away crying
Sprago, it's crazy...some guy took your name and is playing on ATL and Guess What...his stuff is insured, can you believe it!

I tried to tell him that the Sprago I played with would never leave siege and laughs at insurance, sadly he died to diablo before he could reply.

:)

S

Sunchicken

It is about the insurance in a way, but then again it isnt. It is more that it take for freaking ever to aquire the items you HAVE to have to be able play the templates now avalible to the fullest...

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It is about the insurance in a way, but then again it isnt. It is more that it take for freaking ever to aquire the items you HAVE to have to be able play the templates now avalible to the fullest...
This sums it up perfectly. However, I would rather fight for making the items easier to obtain (less/more efficient farming) rather than adding insurance or running off to prodo.

Seems like it's an easy fix (or attempted fix) for the devs: just turn cursed arties back on and lower silver prices. At this point, what could it hurt? Also, if it's not that hard, make Siege separate from the normal housing rules so anyone can place here. Doesn't sound that complicated.

F

Førsaken

*Has no problem with the way Siege Perilous is*. I do have a problem that people are delusional enough to say that making items easier to obtain would be bad for Siege.

Keep items hard to obtain, I still win. Make items easier to obtain, I win, but with more enjoyment that I know people will be right back in the fight (after 20 min stat loss of course) - Unless they want to play heal pancake or the typical dismount.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

*Has no problem with the way Siege Perilous is*. I do have a problem that people are delusional enough to say that making items easier to obtain would be bad for Siege.

Keep items hard to obtain, I still win. Make items easier to obtain, I win, but with more enjoyment that I know people will be right back in the fight (after 20 min stat loss of course) - Unless they want to play heal pancake or the typical dismount.
My point ^^

The only people that are left are people who like to kill monsters, make modless LRC suits, and decorate their houses. Even those people are next to impossible to find, and when you do find them, they just hide and stealth away.. And we have no passive detect, so we have a 10 second timer between detects, in which the stealther can immediately hide again! What's the point?

Siege is dead because the old-style rule set does not fit in with current day UO. If you can't equip, you can't play the game the way it's meant to be played. This includes both PvM and PvP equally. All you end up with is VERY FEW players (99% stealthers ) who want no part of player interaction. Wait, isn't player interaction the point of an MMO?

If you want to actually enjoy UO, you need to go to another shard, because we all know VERY WELL that siege will never be fixed properly. Do yourselves a favor...

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

To clear something up.

It's about the items, but not from our point of view. We've always run them. Always could and always can.

The problem is that there aren't others besides us that feel like putting up with this broken ass shard. Everyone else is worried about their precious pixels, that we just said **** it.

There are other places that have more than a small group of people to game with. Yeah. Rage on us about how your not getting what you want. We care.

Maybe if EA cared... we'd get somewhere. Hold your breath.

E

Elmer Fudd

Siege needs to be promoted the way it actually is..."The Crafters Connection"

thats all thats left...let em have there fun the way they see it, so enjoy...Peace out!

Falon of Eldor

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Can i have your stuff? (see that all the time on uhall when players cry about quitting)

hehe

and yea, im the character depicted above, lazy, only play when i want to zoom out from life, crater and tamer alts, both below average skilled players.

no vendors, no interaction, only one toon has stealth though, yea she must be tuffer than the other....blah blah blah

just do me a favor, please, don't blame it on the crafters or say yea they win!

no one wins on empty shard. and as a daily board reader, even the boards are becoming boring.

So Ya'll just come back now, you hear!