• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) Siege Perilous Census 2011 Fall edition.

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings to the players of Siege Perilous.

This Fall I did two versions of a Census.

First: from November 1 to December 16 I kept a record of players names and identity numbers in General chat.

I collected 201 names and number tags.

Second: I collected the count of houses to areas I could visit.
Some of the houses in the SE islands were not counted because of the limit one ship deployed.
The count of houses was 821 units.

It should be noted that most of the players in the General chat census count had houses in the second collection.

*stares*
Yahaxithonix the Census Taker.

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings to the players of Siege Perilous.

This Fall I did two versions of a Census.

First: from November 1 to December 16 I kept a record of players names and identity numbers in General chat.

I collected 201 names and number tags.

Second: I collected the count of houses to areas I could visit.
Some of the houses in the SE islands were not counted because of the limit one ship deployed.
The count of houses was 821 units.

It should be noted that most of the players in the General chat census count had houses in the second collection.

*stares*
Yahaxithonix the Census Taker.
cool but general chat not accuarate count because not everyone uses it it only shows those who talk in general chat

i know our guilds vendor house has went up close to 1000 visists in the last month if that actually means anything

Guardian KX

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
cool but general chat not accuarate count because not everyone uses it it only shows those who talk in general chat

i know our guilds vendor house has went up close to 1000 visists in the last month if that actually means anything
Gen Chat also doesnt count as lots of people drop in for trades only.

Awesome job tho

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thank you Yahaxithonix.

Next year´s census should be interesting...

Adrianas

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still, even with the folks that have just hopped on to do a trade, that's not bad - for Siege. And yes, I know that there are players that find general chat annoying and keep it turned off. That probably offsets the ones who might be over for a trade.

As for the houses, remember that quite a few of us who play Siege have multiple accounts and, therefore, multiple houses. So you might only see one name, but if all of that player's characters were logged in you would see more. I, for one, have 5 houses on Siege. I think Razz has 80% of the rest. . . . ;)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My five houses on Siege should all go poof sometime in February. I guess the IDOCs will provide some brief entertainment for a few folks while they scramble for my pitiful collection of belongings.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
There will be a lot of houses gone missing...