• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) Siege Partisans, Part 2

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The following is a continuation of a storyline I tried starting in Lyssa's "Ongoing Siege 'story'" thread:

“Yew's governor?” Pepe the Strange eyed the man across the table as he asked.

The atmosphere in The Barnacle was typical. Smoke wafted through the place. Several servers, sporting rather unfriendly faces which belied their otherwise polite nature, served drinks and food in their unhurried manner. It was mostly regulars at this hour; sitting about the place were the same miners, smiths, and local townsfolk that called the northland town of Minoc home. At their usual table in the far corner sat the two brothers that frequented the tavern daily.

“The only good one among the lot,” Nonel Topd replied casually as he finished a mouthful of his beer. “The rest,” Nonel waved one hand dismissively as the other reached again for his drink, “have done absolutely nothing.”

Pepe frowned at his empty mug and briefly tried, in vain, to catch the eye of a server before turning back to his brother. “Any thoughts as to why the shutdown in Britannian government?”

“Not a clue,” Nonel sighed. “No guidance from the King, I suppose.”

Pepe smirked, “I'm sure they can come up with that worthless excuse without your help.”

Nonel knocked back the last of his drink. He wanted to believe in the the governing system that formed since Queen Dawn's death. What became apparent, though, was yet another problem with a ruling monarch. Lesser leaders were afraid to act without word from their absolute ruler, first. King Blackthorn had gone silent prior to the elections nearly six months ago. Since their inauguration, all but one of Britannia's governors had been completely useless to their people. The last official message from Minoc's own governor was made shortly after her reelection, congratulating her compatriots on the council. A council which has failed to meet throughout this entire term.

“They've done little,” Pepe continued. “Our governor hasn't even been seen in town since her reelection. Her trade deals have gone unchecked and the guilds have grown too bold. We have to do something.” Pepe watched Nonel finish his drink and again attempted to flag down a server. More beer was certainly required for this night's conversation.

“You're right,” Nonel nodded. “I just can't figure where to start.” Pepe grinned. His brother, on occasion, had the brains of an overgrown mongbat.

“Here, Nonel. First we help our people. We help Minoc. Then we worry about the others.”

Nonel was beaming with happiness. Not by what Pepe had said. The server was walking their way with two mugs of beer in each hand.

“Hey,” Pepe snapped his fingers at Nonel to get his attention. “You need to become the new governor.”

“Oh yeah great.” Nonel said, mockingly. “Then?”

A large smile played across Pepe's face. “Do you still have that list of names you stole from the elf?”

Last edited:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the compliments, Nonel! However, I will not be running for Yew's governor again. I really loved doing the job. Maybe when I back after break ;-)

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nevetheless, I hope you find the time to host the occasional hunt. I never attended (not much of a PvM'er) but, I'm inspired by your effort