• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Siege Mage template

Tekagi

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Okay, so i have been playing siege for a while now... Spend more time here than in any other shard. And to my knowledge population on siege is growing (that is a good thing) and new players keep joining in. That also increases danger from players. 4 years back i rarely met a PK. Now it happens on daily basis. I focus on PVM, never really liked PVP and i dislike playing as a murderer (I am a friendly loner type). That said i am currently adapting my spellcaster to make this kind of hybrid pvp/pvm build. So that i dont get jumped by the cheap, sucker punch tactics of PKs on my adventures.

So far i have been concidering:
STR - 120
DEX - 15
INT - 125

------------------------------------------
Magery - 120 (protection, heal, cure, invisibility, gate travel, mark, vortex, mage weapon)
Necromancy - 120
Spirit speak - 120
Spellweaving - 120
Resist spells - 120
Meditation - 120

+ This build in my mind is about high area damage, good mana regen (meditation + wraith), very good summon variation (reaper, vortex, revenant, animate dead, command undead), defensive abilities from spellweaving and magery, a lot of curses and tricks usable in pvp situations.

- Mage weapon can be disarmed in PVP. Happens often, low single target damage, cant use slayer spellbooks and spells that benefits from them. In my mind this build is more fragile than the other two in pvp situations
Magery - 120
Eval - 120
Spellweaving -120
Resist spells - 120
Meditation - 120
Wrestling - 120

+ decent area damage, decent summon variation (reaper, vortex), great single target damage, can use slayer spellbooks and benefit from them greatly, can use SDI spellbooks, disarm and paralyze from wrestling, defence from spellweaving, decent pvp damage possibilities.

- Low mana regeneration, great initial damage but cant keep up.
Magery - 120
Mysticism - 120
Focus - 120
Spellweaving - 120
Resist spells - 120
Wrestling - 120

+ Amazing defense and healing abilities, summoning (RC, vortex, reaper), can use slayer and SDI spellbooks, decent area damage

- lacking in single target damage, absolutely horrible mana regen (this build burns mana with insane speed).

So, what are your thoughts on these builds? Which one would you yourself prefer? Do you have some ideas, to make them more effective?

Last edited:

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hey bud, I don't know you in game, but this is my advice. If you want to learn to fight here, join a guild. They'll tell you stuff that they wouldn't on a forum, like the tactics of diff PVPers, active times, known haunts, etc. They'll give you advice and support that will be hard or impossible to come by as a solo player. And you'll have folks watching your back, so that if you do get whacked, the cavalry will come riding in to hopefully save your stuff (or at least avenge your untimely death). ESP if you arent full time focused on PVP, it will be hard to put up an honest fight. For PvM- solo type stuff, a stealth mystic weaver mage type thing would be feasible. Either go all in on offense, or all in on defense. Just my two cents. And if you need a guild, there are many recruiting right now!

Tekagi

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I am a member of a major guild on siege and have done some pvp. Even scored a few 1 vs 1 kills now and there with my non pvp focused build. This is realy just me gathering informations and ideas from you, more skilled and focused players. Knowlege is key... It would take too long to test every idea on my own. But thank you for your contribution :), I will take addition of stealt into concideration.