• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Siege gifts - Info Soon!

• Thread starter Asmodi_Mhul
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
A

Asmodi_Mhul

Thanks to the Siege peeps that kept this bumped so it didn't fall down to page 5 in UHall.
EvilMantis says
<blockquote><hr>

hey, sorry about that, we ARE doing something about it. We should be able to tell you specifically what that is in a day or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Linky

G

Thats promising at least. There are so many people with accounts in that range, I hope its taken care of in good time.

I

imported_Castor

I also heard that PBDs are right around the corner too..

A

Asmodi_Mhul

Yeah I know but at least we got a response and hopefully some info coming in the next day or two. Dunno if anything will actually happen but at least maybe we'll hear what will happen. We will probably hear tomorrow morning that they're going to conduct a survey on the gift idea ....

G

Where did that expression "Red-Headed Stepchild" come from?

G

I have tried to find the origin of that phrase (this may come as a shock...but I love etymology) on information sites and discussion groups for idioms, and slang expressions, and the only consensus seems to be that no one really knows exactly where it came from
. Here is a commentary by one person that seems to be as good as any:

<blockquote><hr>

from http://www.word-detective.com/042805.html

While we're on the subject, a phrase I've been also been asked about is "beat [someone] like a red-headed stepchild," meaning "to beat (either literally or metaphorically, as in a sporting contest) severely and thoroughly." This phrase, perhaps most often heard in the southern US, crops up fairly frequently in various contexts, as does "red-headed stepchild" alone in the sense of "object of neglect or discrimination" (as in "Environmental protection is the red-headed stepchild of the Mayor's administration").

Unfortunately, I've yet to find the origin of the phrase. The best guess I've seen is that while any child may face abuse or neglect from a step-parent, one with a notable feature (such as red hair) reminiscent of the departed former spouse may be a particular target in such a situation. It is also true that red-haired children are often the butt of jokes by their peers, especially in Britain (where they are called "gingers"), and in several European cultures red hair has historically been considered an unfavorable characteristic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Y

Yoda-SP

you guys......... we shouldn't be asking for this........ PBDS!!

K

Kedyn Wolfsbane

So, does that make Castor the blaze-headed stepchild?

G

Not sure if you all noticed, but Mr Tact said he is pushing to get the PBD issue resolved in a publish before the launch of UO:ML
He isnt positive it will happen, but at least we know its in the works.

A

Arden

aye , pbds are the main issue here, SO MANY new players will be running to siege if they give them out

I

imported_Castor

i agree with you on that one. When tact first posted his message a two months ago about working on the issue, Newbies all over were popping out of the wood work to get a foothold here before the pbd.

I just hope for this shard's sake, tact manages to get this fix pushed through in the ML publish.

G

Actually Chessy Goddess on Cheasapeake coined the phrase Redheaded step child in all her posts pleading for Archery fixes ! She loved archery and archer customers of UO, were literally ignored for AGES in UO never getting a bone nor a fix, thus she began saying we archers were the outcast unwanted redheaded step children of the Dev. team. And ever since then the phrase has been coined as any group in UO literally ignored by Dev. team .............ahem that phrase might also apply to Siege customers, in general.

A

Arden

<blockquote><hr>

Actually Chessy Goddess on Cheasapeake coined the phrase Redheaded step child in all her posts pleading for Archery fixes ! She loved archery and archer customers of UO, were literally ignored for AGES in UO never getting a bone nor a fix, thus she began saying we archers were the outcast unwanted redheaded step children of the Dev. team. And ever since then the phrase has been coined as any group in UO literally ignored by Dev. team .............ahem that phrase might also apply to Siege customers, in general.

[/ QUOTE ]

well seeing all the attention archers have now and the amazing changes they got, lets hope we see the same

G

She loved archery and OOOH she was angry especially when the bugs in archery made ya shoot blanks HAHA I can not even tell ya how many posts she alone began on UO Hall first pleading begging asking nicely then still waiting ages later no fix no cure no bone no new stuffs anger *kinda like we all get when time marches on into years and no FIX on some issues*.

TONS of threads long ones lots of people posting on em on uo hall about .. where she called us archers, the redheaded step children ignored for years by the dev. team. GOD she had guts in some of them posts haha when she got the most angry &amp; I kept thinking dang she gonna get her butt banned from the forums yet !
* I know her in game and she is normally a very milder mannered person but that was one of her pet pieves and her loves........archery.

G

YEH well pull up her past posts &amp; you will see it a zillion times ! HAHA

G

she said she has no pity for us/Siege because when she started here as a newbie, she got PK'd when she stepped out of a moongate.

Yes, it can be rough to start here, but just dont expect to step out of a moongate as a newbie and have rose petals tossed at your feet and gold handed to you and you should do ok.

A

Asmodi_Mhul

She hooked me up with a good deal selling me my Orni on Chessy so I won't say much else outa respect for the deal.

M

MinorMage

<blockquote><hr>

Not sure if you all noticed, but Mr Tact said he is pushing to get the PBD issue resolved in a publish before the launch of UO:ML
He isnt positive it will happen, but at least we know its in the works.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!